Disturbing: Pennsylvania officials testify to 100,000 non-citizens registered and voting in state

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Well, PA went for Trump so perhaps those results need questioned?
Welcome aboard the Qualified Voter train. :oldthumbsup:
The thing about glitches is that they happen and it sometimes takes time to know it is a glitch
Still, that is an issue they should have looked harder for and fixed much sooner.
Yep.

It's not hard to imagine that some people didn't want to fix the problem, much as dead voters remained on the rolls in days gone by ... because they served a useful purpose.
It is still illegal for a non-citizen to vote.
Virtually impossible to prove and almost never prosecuted.
Seems PA has been so Republican for over a decade, that I wonder how much of an issue it really was.
One wonders just how much more Republican Pennsylvania might have been? :scratch:

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Hard to tell as they gerrymandered it so badly. Plus the state denies it was near that many, and that organization bringing the lawsuit has had some dubious moments.

Upvote 0

TLK Valentine

I've already read the books you want burned.
Apr 15, 2012
Behind the 8-ball, but ahead of the curve.
✟541,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Doesn't make much difference. Non-citizens do not enjoy voting rights, regardless of legal or illegal status.

it makes some difference if we're going to turn this into yet another immigration screed.

That said, even illegal immigrants can obtain drivers licenses in Pennsylvania. They only need a work authorization to do so ... and Obama provided that to many via DACA.

... or a DACA screed... I blame myself for not seeing that coming.

So, it remains an open question as to how many of the 100,000 non-citizens are legal or illegal ... though in neither case should they enjoy the voting rights which the state of Pennsylvania "inadvertently" granted them

Any reason for the sarcasm quotes?

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Hard to tell as they gerrymandered it so badly. Plus the state denies it was near that many, and that organization bringing the lawsuit has had some dubious moments.
Ya know, I tire of hearing complaints about Republicans gerry-mandering when we all know that some of the worst have been by Democrats.

So ... I did a search this morning ... and looky here: Congressional District Compactness, Gerrymandering By State

Not unexpectedly, the most gerry-mandered states in the nation are "Blue". Big surprise, huh?
Maryland
Hawaii
Louisiana
North Carolina
West Virginia
Maine
Virginia
New Hampshire
Illinois
Pennsylvania
Ohio
Alabama
Massachusetts
New Jersey

In this list I only see one solidly Republican state, Alabama. The rest have been predominantly Democrat, or a toss-up for years.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA
✟1,750,489.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
However, we are talking about Pennsylvania. PA has been very gerrymandered, so badly the State Supreme Court order the map redrawn.

So how Republican the state really is - well, that is the question when more of the state votes democratic than Republican but the state legislature is Republican.

Upvote 0

NightHawkeye

Work-in-progress
Site Supporter
Jul 5, 2010
✟803,537.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
However, we are talking about Pennsylvania. PA has been very gerrymandered, so badly the State Supreme Court order the map redrawn.

So how Republican the state really is - well, that is the question when more of the state votes democratic than Republican but the state legislature is Republican.
Most states went Republican in recent years due to dislike of the Obama agenda.

Noting that when a Democrat state turns Republican ... one can't really say it's because Republicans gerry-mandered. Jus' sayin ... Democrats were in control.

Upvote 0

Liza B.

His grace is sufficient
Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2017
Midwest
✟163,572.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
From the "Other shoe drops", files: 100,000 noncitizens registered to vote in Pennsylvania

More than 100,000 noncitizens are registered to vote in Pennsylvania alone, according to testimony submitted Monday in a lawsuit demanding the state come clean about the extent of its problems.

The Public Interest Legal Foundation, which has identified similar noncitizen voting problems in studies of Virginia and New Jersey, said Pennsylvania officials have admitted noncitizens have been registering and voting in the state “for decades.”

The real "Foreign meddling in elections" that Democrats not only do not care about, but actually court and encourage.

It must be stopped.

Upvote 0

Kentonio

Jan 25, 2018
Lyon
✟266,564.00
Country
France
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Most states went Republican in recent years due to dislike of the Obama agenda.

Sure, they hated his policies so they turned blue states red but then comfortably voted him back into office anyway..

The Democrats lost huge amounts of seats because the DNC leadership was terrible and basically just ignored the groundswell grassroots support they gained when Obama was first elected. Energized activists and organizers were basically abandoned after that election, and the party didn’t provide the support for state organizations that they needed. It was a complete travesty of leadership and Obama bears heavy responsibility for it. It had little to do with his policies however.

There’s a reason why the DNC is now quite sidelined when it comes to supporting down ticket races and now we see the Dems winning again across the country.

• Agree
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

Light of the East

I'm Just a Singer in an OCA Choir
Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Do you eat shellfish...??

I know you just think you are a theological genius, but honestly, atheists playing with Scripture is like a three-year old trying to work a computer - it don't work.

For your information (if you actually care to be corrected and have a right understanding of Scripture) there are three kinds of law in the Old Covenant (Old Testament).

The Moral Law - this applies to all men and women at all times, everywhere. Thus, the injunction against sex outside of marriage, homosexual couplings, murder, theft, etc. is binding to this day. On you, on everyone.

The Civil Law
- this regulated the civil life of the Jew. It had to do with justice and the way the community was to be run under the moral law of God. An example would be the Sabbath observation, which belonged to the Jews of the Old Covenant. However, since the Old Covenant passed away and is no longer, this is also not binding any more.

The Religious Law - various laws of a religious nature having to do primarily with the way the Jewish worship was conducted. Again, this is something that belonged strictly to the Jews and is no longer binding upon religious observance. Things such as the garments for the priest, the construction and use of the Temple, etc. would be in this. Dietary laws such as kosher and the not eating of shellfish would fit in here.

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
And yet you just threatened me with His "massive and unlimited power." Interesting.

Perhaps you forgot who is was who first said "We overthrow kings...." My response has nothing to do with the fact that God is love. Love doesn't mean that you respond to threats with sissification. Especially not God. You want to see power and love on display at the same time? Look to the Cross where Christ is - power that defeated the devil, done in love for mankind to save us from sin.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟558,123.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Ya know, I tire of hearing complaints about Republicans gerry-mandering when we all know that some of the worst have been by Democrats.

So ... I did a search this morning ... and looky here: Congressional District Compactness, Gerrymandering By State

Not unexpectedly, the most gerry-mandered states in the nation are "Blue". Big surprise, huh?
Maryland
Hawaii
Louisiana
North Carolina
West Virginia
Maine
Virginia
New Hampshire
Illinois
Pennsylvania
Ohio
Alabama
Massachusetts
New Jersey

In this list I only see one solidly Republican state, Alabama. The rest have been predominantly Democrat, or a toss-up for years.

MD is a joke so no argument on that one.

Hawaii only has two districts: Honolulu and everything else. It's not gerrymandered; it just has unique geography.

LA, NC, and WV are all solidly red, based on their congressional delegates and their choices for president.

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
I know you just think you are a theological genius, but honestly, atheists playing with Scripture is like a three-year old trying to work a computer - it don't work.

For your information (if you actually care to be corrected and have a right understanding of Scripture) there are three kinds of law in the Old Covenant (Old Testament).

The Moral Law - this applies to all men and women at all times, everywhere. Thus, the injunction against sex outside of marriage, homosexual couplings, murder, theft, etc. is binding to this day. On you, on everyone.

The Civil Law
- this regulated the civil life of the Jew. It had to do with justice and the way the community was to be run under the moral law of God. An example would be the Sabbath observation, which belonged to the Jews of the Old Covenant. However, since the Old Covenant passed away and is no longer, this is also not binding any more.

The Religious Law - various laws of a religious nature having to do primarily with the way the Jewish worship was conducted. Again, this is something that belonged strictly to the Jews and is no longer binding upon religious observance. Things such as the garments for the priest, the construction and use of the Temple, etc. would be in this. Dietary laws such as kosher and the not eating of shellfish would fit in here.

Oh, you only want to be bound by the mishpatim...? Fine...

So I presume that you rail and rant against divorce as loudly as you do about homosexuality...?

By the way....show me anywhere in the scriptures where it condemns a person for being homosexual....

Upvote 0

Light of the East

Site Supporter
Aug 4, 2013
Fairfax VA
Visit site
✟558,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
Oh, you only want to be bound by the mishpatim...? Fine...

So I presume that you rail and rant against divorce as loudly as you do about homosexuality...?

By the way....show me anywhere in the scriptures where it condemns a person for being homosexual....

Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Fornication is any sex outside of the traditional bonds of one man, one woman, one lifetime. That includes Billy Joe and Betty Sue in the back of Daddy's Chevy as well as two men or two women playing "house."

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

The Greek word for that which is in bold italics is arsenokoitēs. (koites, from whence we get the English word "Coitus" or sexual union.)

STRONGS NT 733: ἀρσενοκοίτης
ἀρσενοκοίτης, ἀρσενοκοιτου, ὁ (ἄρσην a male; κοίτη a bed), one who lies with a male as with a female, a sodomite: 1 Corinthians 6:9; 1 Timothy 1:10. (Anthol. 9, 686, 5; ecclesiastical writings.)

Upvote 0

Allandavid

Dec 30, 2016
Sydney
✟230,565.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Gal 5:19 Now the works of the flesh are manifest, which are these; Adultery, fornication, uncleanness, lasciviousness,

Fornication is any sex outside of the traditional bonds of one man, one woman, one lifetime. That includes Billy Joe and Betty Sue in the back of Daddy's Chevy as well as two men or two women playing "house."

1Co 6:9 Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind,

The Greek word for that which is in bold italics is arsenokoitēs. (koites, from whence we get the English word "Coitus" or sexual union.)

STRONGS NT 733: ἀρσενοκοίτης
ἀρσενοκοίτης, ἀρσενοκοιτου, ὁ (ἄρσην a male; κοίτη a bed), one who lies with a male as with a female, a sodomite: 1 Corinthians 6:9; 1 Timothy 1:10. (Anthol. 9, 686, 5; ecclesiastical writings.)

You’ve told me nothing I didn’t know already...

Now, show me anywhere in the scriptures where a person is condemned for BEING a homosexual...

Oh, and I missed the part where you condemn those divorced...?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums