• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Disturbing news from Greece

Discussion in 'International Politics' started by TG123, May 7, 2012.

1. mindlight

mindlight See in the dark Supporter

+1,592
    Germany
    Christian
    Married
    You guys made the deal with Germany. It has not worked out because of your mismanagement not theres. Given the legal agreements you guys have signed up to you do not really have a leg to stand on when it comes to seeking recompense.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7655437-11/#post60677450

2. mindlight

+1,592
    Germany
    Christian
    Married
    Right wing = libertarian? Extremist = authoritarian?

For me rightwing has Christian traditional government combined with regulated neo-Liberalism. So Authoritative libertarian is a better label. You cannot exclude the rule of law from market economics or you get Crony capitalism.

3. Philothei

Philothei Love never fails

+2,630
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    The scandal ridden government of ours does not qualify for "us" as it is not the people who did the bargain BUT the leaders...Go and find them and get them to pay... Leave the innocent out of the dirty deal...

4. mindlight

+1,592
    Germany
    Christian
    Married
    One can blame an abstraction which one misunderstands or one can take responsibility for things that one is able to change.

The documentary was communist drivel and so boring I fell asleep during it. It looks for global conspiracies to hide the facts of national mismanagement.

This is ideological nonsence. Most countries where neo-Liberal policies have been successfully applied e.g. USA, UK, Australia have very strong senses of national sovereignty and of the rule of law.

Goldman Sachs is an irrelevance here. If there was accounting malpractice in the way they handled their client (the Greek governments) books then they should suffer the legal and market consequences for this. But this process needs to be evidence based rather than wild emotional Greek Communists pointing the finger at anyone who looks rich enough to blame for their recent woes.

Various legal agreements and other deals have been made between the Greek government and the Germans regarding reparations over the last 60 years and you and the international courts are bound by these agreements. This has only become an issue in the last 5 years because of the consequences of Greek mismanagement.

http://www.christianforums.com/t7655437-11/#post60677450

Well sounds like you guys will very soon not be able to afford cake. No doubt you will blame everybody else for that except yourselves. It is sad but those who want to cannot help someone who does not understand the reality of his situation cause he assumes that even the help is an effort at manipulation.

5. mindlight

+1,592
    Germany
    Christian
    Married
    The Greeks elected these guys and never complained when they rained down their borrowed largesse on them. Its only now that the proverbial excrement has hit the fan that people have started complaining about these arrangements.

6. mzungu

mzungu INVICTUS

+183
    Atheist
    Married
    To our Northern European friends who have sided with Germany; I have this to say: Thank you for making it clear on whose side you are on. The 4th Reich will surely take care of you all so long as you stoop and bow to your German masters.

Neo Liberalism will knock on your door and when it does you can ask the Germans for your bicycles back but it will be still on the other side!

7. mzungu

mzungu INVICTUS

+183
    Atheist
    Married
    Misinformed and ignorant and media victims are three words I can use to define people like yourself but I will not stoop so low as to respond. Time is on our side and we shall see who cries in the end!
    Soon to come to the northern countries:
    Knock knock.... Whose there?..... Neo Liberalism...... So?...... Congratulations you have just joined the club of economically assassinated countries.

At least we fought the Germans and we did not ally ourselves as slaves to the 3rd Reich. Also We did not MAKE SOAP OUT OF HUMANS!

We may not have money but we have patience! By the way summer is here and I have over 1600 islands to choose from.

Photo taken from my sisters house.
    [​IMG]

By the way you better correct your MISQUOTING my post as I wrote no such thing.

8. lismore

lismore Legend

+1,858
    Christian
    Single
    After the war they should have broken the Reich back up into it's respective Nations: Prussia, Bavaria, Saxony, Wurtemburg, the Rhineland to name a few.

You cannot remove the principality behind Germany with bullets. It will keep manifesting.

9. mindlight

+1,592
    Germany
    Christian
    Married
    Let me guess the mortgage is with Goldman and Sachs ;-)

10. mindlight

+1,592
    Germany
    Christian
    Married
    Noone is mocking Greeks for fighting Nazis and British blood was also shed in the defence and liberation of your country from these monsters and thereafter in the fight against Communism.

11. mzungu

mzungu INVICTUS

+183
    Atheist
    Married
    Nope! bought and paid for by years of hard work! She owns 3 such houses on the caldera and she does not owe any taxes nor any bank instalments. This may come as a surprise to you but we Greeks work on average more hours than our EU counterparts and the ones who do not pay taxes are mostly the rich. Employees and workers cannot avoid taxes as all taxes and insurance is retained from the salary before it is paid.

[​IMG]

No grey northern sea here! :cool:

12. mindlight

+1,592
    Germany
    Christian
    Married
    We can agree she has much to be thankful for. Which makes me wonder why you would be an atheist with such left wing opinions on things. What real difference will it make to your sister if she rents her houses out with Drachmas or Euros? In such an idyllic place the government and politics would seem merely annoyingly intrusive I suspect.

13. mzungu

mzungu INVICTUS

+183
    Atheist
    Married
    Good point! I am glad that you brought it up. If we revert to a new currency then a new problem arises; Inflation of prices and deflation of the currency. We will within one year need wheelbarrow full of banknotes in order to buy a loaf of bread. The currency will constantly be devalued in order to service the loans which will be paid in "Hard currency".

It will take decades for us to recover if ever. We are stuck in a catch 22 situation and the financial industry has us by our bullocks.

The only way out is for Germany to leave the Euro and the EU and allow the rest to devalue the Euro and move forward towards a Federation. After all Switzerland, Germany and the US are federations. If not then Europe will splinter and become prey to emerging giants like China, Russia, etc.

Either we stand together or be devoured alone!

14. mzungu

mzungu INVICTUS

+183
    Atheist
    Married