• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Disturbing news from Greece

Discussion in 'International Politics' started by TG123, May 7, 2012.

1. Philothei

Philothei Love never fails

+2,630
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    For sure the dudes are crazy see how they behaved when the journalists came to press conference with them :( Crazy is the word...They ordered the journalists to "rise" for their leader came in...They are luney-tuned...:(

Greek neonazi leader gives Hitler-style speech after the elections - YouTube

It is true that this is the general notion in Europe ...Just so you know the jounalists (most of them) got up and left the press conference as they were truly offended.

2. Philothei

+2,630
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
  3. SoldierOfTheKing

SoldierOfTheKing Christian Spenglerian

+2,071
    United States
    Presbyterian
    Married
    Philothei, I said that the Roman salute was often used, during the Mexatas regime, which is the likely reason for its adoption by Golden Dawn.

Illuminaughty, I haven't heard anything about the claims you posted on #59, either in the news reports or on Wikipedia. Perhaps you could cite a source to back this up?

4. Illuminaughty

Illuminaughty Drift and Doubt

+118
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Green
    double post deleted

Last edited: May 23, 2012
  5. Illuminaughty

Illuminaughty Drift and Doubt

+118
    Humanist
    Single
    US-Green
    Yeah, I can post links and pictures now. Here are a few:

Cover of the 1st issue of the Chrysi Avgi magazine, December 1980.:

[​IMG]

Golden Dawn (Greece) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"The party – which won 7 percent of the vote in a May 6 election – says it wants to rid Greece of immigrants and plant landmines along the border with Turkey."

Europe Far-Right Parties: Greece's Golden Dawn Furthest Right Of Europe's Far-Right (PHOTOS)

Rise of the Greek neo-Nazis: Ultra-right party Golden Dawn wants to force immigrants into work camps and plant landmines along Turkish border

Holocaust overblown and there were no ovens!

Greek neonazi leader denies the Holocaust (repulsive) - YouTube

I can't find the one where he calls Hitler a great historical figure that I found yesterday but I will keep looking.

6. lismore

lismore Legend

+1,857
    Christian
    Single
    Any form of extremism is to be avoided.

But we in other nations should now take note of Greece's plight brought about by extreme debt. We have debts to clear, not make larger, or we will go the same way as Greece.

7. UnamSanctam

UnamSanctam Guest

+0
    Like how the journalists stand up when Obama enters a room? I specifically said Obama and not the POTUS, because I don't remember seeing Bush treated with the same respect. Standing when someone enters a room is a sign of respect. Yeah, they're not really the people I would have voted for, to say the least, but let's not get carried away here.

8. Philothei

+2,630
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    You have to live in Greece to undestand that... No party leader demands for the journalists to raise....They have to earn it...They used to get up when Karamanlis would walk in or even Andrea Papandreou but....not Mihaloliakos he has not earned nothing.... nothing...on the contrary he has the most crazy party...nothing a greek would get carried away...

He demanded something that Greeks would NEVER give him : honor.:doh::sorry:

9. mindlight

mindlight See in the dark Supporter

+1,592
    Germany
    Christian
    Married
    Greece is in pain and is repeating the extreme tribal patterns of its own recent history - the colonels (Golden Dawn seems to me a deluded version of these) versus the communists. Neither have the solution for Greeces problems. The solution lies in a the middle of Greek politics but requires a consensus that does not seem to be there right now.

But the plain facts are these:

1) The Germans are fed up with putting up good money for bad and it is they who are the primary funders of the rescue package
    2) Despite French pressure the EU is not simply going to print Euros (Eurobonds) to solve the problem- that is also a bad idea.
    3) If Greece will not enforce austerity it will be thrown out of the Euro and that would be a greater disaster for the Greek economy than is currently occurring.

10. Philothei

+2,630
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married

11. Philothei

+2,630
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
  12. mindlight

+1,592
    Germany
    Christian
    Married
    The economy grew under the Junta until 1973 and then dived in 1974 although there are doubts about corruption and the transparency of transactions under the regime. The junta wasted billions on defence and then lost its battles with Turkey. It established a tradition of high defence spending which has meant that your debt is considerably higher than it should be. Given the comparative uselessness of the Greek military why is so much spent on it?

Both lots read like nutcases to me and neither are a part of the solution to Greeces problems

People with money buy property available at a reasonable price - that's capitalism - so your problem is?

I think it may cost you more than you think to leave Europe and take longer to recover from.

You still believe this nonsence?

This is nonsence! Greece has an oversized , over priced and generally incompetent public sector and confidence is low in the private sector also. the political culture is fractious and stupid in essence and needs to grow up and face the music. Conspiracy theories of this sort just add to the general resistance in the culture to positive action to turn the situation around.

Last edited: May 25, 2012
  13. Eudaimonist

Eudaimonist I believe in life before death!

+2,590
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    The reason for austerity measures isn't that it is a magic fix that will produce a strong economy in only a year or two, but because the alternative amounts to digging Greece even deeper into the hole it is in.

eudaimonia,

Mark

14. Philothei

+2,630
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Pleaaaase leave the facts for the ones who lived through it again talk from 'afar" spare me the lesson....

Sure I did not say they are or were.... But the foreign invlolvement is present now as it was then...your point??

My problem is that the so called "powerful" weaken the economy to attack it with economic hitmen!! That is my point. When we ploy to exploit others for good price it ain't a morally good thingy... Now if they can sleep at night KUDOS (greek word of κυδος) to them...:p

What anyone gives one penny if we suffer we already suffer...^_^^_^^_^^_^This is what I find laughable...^_^
    [/QUOTE]

yada yada yada....call it nonense good there is no other way to defend that stuff...You just described any nations public sector..Kudos!!! to ya :) :clap: The conspiracy theory is the propaganda about "how bad Greek public sector is...." and you just won a price with what you post....;) Spread it and let the truth go away as well as good reason...

Greece euro exit to hit Spain and Italy hardest -- experts - YouTube

Greek People Run to Withdraw Money from Banks - GREECE on Brink of COLLAPSE (Alex Jones) - YouTube

No we are not going to pay for the corruption of Goldman sacks and Co.

15. Philothei

+2,630
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married

It is not helping any...read the reports of how Island did it and still doing it...and Argentina...Of course Argentina has natural resources but so we too...

16. Eudaimonist

Eudaimonist I believe in life before death!

+2,590
    Atheist
    Private
    US-Libertarian
    I have read reports on Iceland, but what is it that you think that Iceland has done?

eudaimonia,

Mark

17. Philothei

+2,630
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married
    Lessons from Iceland's Economic Crisis - YouTube

ETA : Sorry I had to take it down but had vulgarity :(
    Why we have to pay for a debt that was "imposed" by our government NOT our people...

Examples of debts not paid by other countries are many including the USA in its early years etc. I hate to repeat my self and sound like abroken record....

18. mindlight

+1,592
    Germany
    Christian
    Married
    Facts are facts and Greeks who share them are in short supply. You live in the USA and talk about Greece, I live in Germany and talk about them.

Foreign investors in Greece want to sell right now because if Greece leaves the Euro the real price of their investments will plumet. So your conspiracy theory above defies basic common sense

BBC News - Euro crisis: How a Greek euro exit could affect you

Noone in Greece should be laughing at this prospect. It is not funny.

No facts here just mockery.

Germany has already repaid whatever debts you imagine were outstanding as a result of WW2.

The Greek state is like an Arab oil state without oil. Greek politicians are the problems rather than external countries that have been offering genuine assistance. There is a limit to foreign patience and Greece has just about worn out all the goodwill that has been extended to it.

19. Philothei

+2,630
    Eastern Orthodox
    Married

20. UnamSanctam

UnamSanctam Guest

+0
    :ahah:
    *ahem*
    Made me think of this
    Germany has more than repaid its debt through the years. As much as it CAN, anyway. One can easily argue that the horrors of the Nazi regime can never be fully compensated. That, however, does not mean that Germany for all time should be enslaved to be the coinpurse of Europe, picking up the tab every....single....time another European country has spent its money foolishly*
    Greece has a number of structural problems, and blaming them on the Germans, or the rest of Europe, is whimpy and infantile.
    Pay your taxes, cut back on public spending, and you'll recover. Don't, and you won't. Tertium non datur

*= And this is coming from someone whose country has also suffered heavily from German aggression throughout the centuries.