A Jewel In His Sight
Jul 5, 2007
Illinois
✟17,408.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
My dreams are rather weird and kinda difficult for me to explain sometimes, but I will do the best I can... It was a really disturbing dream about my pastor. It was one of the strangest dreams I had ever had. She was standing in the pulpit preaching, and she had on this weird looking attire - almost like a costume. She had on strange make-up. She doesn't wear that much make-up in real life, and she had these long pig tails in her hair and this strange jewelry. It was definitely not how she normally dresses. Her whole attire just looked weird.... almost like she was dressed for Halloween or something. She looked more like a witch to me than a prophetess (she's called as a prophetess). And she was standing in the pulpit preaching, but I don't remember any words coming out even though she had the mic up to her mouth and her lips were moving (it was like she was on mute or something). There were these 4 women in the congregation that were visiting the church that day, and as my pastor was preaching she transferred a spirit of perversion to these women. All 4 women went home and had the exact same dream. They all had a lustful dream that night and were attacked by a spirit of perversion in their sleep. At the end of the dream (I'm skipping parts here), these 4 women all went on national tv and did interviews about this whole event. They wanted it to be known that they all had the exact same dream and a spirit of perversion was transferred to them through my pastor as she preached that day. The main thing I remember about the dream was that my pastor did not look like herself in this dream, and she transferred a spirit of perversion to these 4 women. I had this dream back in December. The vibe I got from the dream was like there was a witchcraft spirit somewhere in operation. Also, there were 2 women standing in the pulpit with her that were adorning her in this weird attire she was wearing... She looked like a doll that they were dressing up. They were dressing her the way they wanted her to look. The 2 women dressing her were 2 of the ushers at our church, but I don't think they actually represent the ushers. I have some thoughts on what I believe this dream means, but I'd like a second opinion. I believe it may relate to some things that are going on. Any thoughts?

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
It is easy for a church to slide off base without noticing. In these days where mass communications can promote an organization or person so quickly, the discernment between ministering to a broader range of people, and desiring worldwide recognition is just a hair apart.

When active members in a church support a pastor's decision to videotape sermons, or manage a speaking schedule, or produce books, they also get a natural pride and thrill in being part of something bigger. How does one manage their pride and eagerness, when it is naturally good to desire success and respect?

It is hard to stop the ball once it is rolling.

This is a critical time to pray for the direction of your church, and your pastor. I mean, take this very seriously, even if you don't see things going sour right now. I have been in situations where God gave me information to pray over that was similar to this, and I rationalized it away, or responded in fear instead of prayer. Things got bad very quickly -- almost impossibly fast.

There is also the possibility that she /your church/ you are coming under spiritual attack right now. But basically, it's the same thing. Through the dream, or through real life. The enemy will find the weak spots, and often the open manholes are religiosity or things that sound worthwhile.

It must be frustrating to have this dream, but not know whom to tell. It wouldn't be appropriate to mention it to her, unless you were close friends. I think that God gave you a responsibility -- pray that He will place needed information on other members' hearts too.

God might be trying to show you something that is difficult to see by yourself. The makeup sounds to me like she is working hard at appearing righteous, even in front of her congregation.

The pigtails seem like she has some immature motives, maybe selfish desires to promote herself and squelch others. When I wore pigtails as a child, I felt uptight and restrained, and sometimes got a headache from my hair follicles changing direction... being tied in an unnatural position. That's my personal take on pigtails, lol. Abnormal! Uptight and painful even though it looks playful. Who knows.

I am curious what you thought of it. If you are concerned that others in your church may read this, then feel free to PM some of us (I'm volunteering others...erm...). I don't want a dream to change your reputation in real life.

Upvote 0

heron

Legend
Mar 24, 2005
✟33,756.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
I look forward to hearing from you.

Remember that ultimately, you want the best for your church, and all the people in it. If things start to go wrong, people will start deciding who is the enemy. Who is the cause. And they separate themselves like oil and water out of fear.

Since we don't struggle against flesh and blood, this is a critical time to see offenders with a bit of mercy, and focus prayers in directions that are the least appealing. Choose to love when someone starts to become unlovable. The battle is not fought person against person.

I know this is a dream, and I am going way off on my own tangent, but I'm just saying this in case you don't end up writing, or dismiss the dream and move on. It is easy to get distracted with new things that come up in life, or think it was your imagination.

The woman might also represent something larger.

Upvote 0