• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Dissociation

Oldmantook

Jan 10, 2017
USA
✟99,173.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I have not been diagnosed as such, but I have experienced Dissociation myself - both being "possessed" by a different personality and more complete dissociation where I seem to leave my body.
It is my understanding that dissociation is not triggered by drugs, though I could be wrong. You may already know this but it is due to traumatic events in one's childhood (physical, sexual, torture, ritualistic abuse, etc.) to the extent that the child's mind dissociates and fractures into alters (different personalities) to escape the horrific reality of what is taking place and what he/she is being exposed to. It is a protective mechanism that the mind is forced to resort to in order to preserve the sanity of the child. However as the child grow older, these memories begin to resurface, personalities emerge, one becomes aware of missing time, bodily sensations, demonic experiences, etc. I'm not qualified to help you but there is help. God loves you and knows what you have experienced throughout life - even if you don't remember or understand everything at this present time. Total healing is possible. There are many Christian-based organizations that can help sort this out with you. I have listed just a couple of links below that can inform you further. Be aware though that listening/reading can "trigger" reactions in yourself. May God bless and heal you as you go though this journey with Him.

Healing for Victims of Trauma and Abuse with Dissociative Identity Disorder Series by Mary Lou Lake
Home: Restoration in Christ Ministries - Hearing the Cries of the Sexually and Ritually Abused

• Friendly
Reactions: Paidiske
Upvote 0

Paidiske

Clara bonam audax
Site Supporter
Apr 25, 2016
Albury, Australia
Visit site
✟1,503,383.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
And - I know it's the obvious thing, but sometimes they need to be said - your best starting point for a conversation about possible treatment would be your own irl doctor.

I do hope you find the help you need.

Upvote 0