-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I have never read the word anywhere except this forum. So it is hard to know if your church is one of the churches that believes in it. If dispensationalism was important to the Baptist de4nomination,. I would expect that to be known by the congregation.
Majority of Baptist & Pentecostal churches are dispensational. Usually, their preachers would not use the term but rather present their belief as if they were orthodox beliefs.

Classical dispensationalists teach that the current Church Dispensation started on Pentecost. This means that the Lord's teaching in the Gospels doesn't apply to us but will apply to Israel in the next dispensation.

Next, the Millennial Dispensation starts after the Rapture and involves a 1000 year reign of Christ on earth centered in Jerusalem. According to this theory, Israel will be the recipient of additional “earthly” promises that do not apply to us believing Gentiles, whose primary inheritance is “heavenly.” During the 1000 years, according to this belief, there will be a mixture of mortal people and resurrected / glorified saints on earth. After 1000 years, satan will get the nations to rebel against the rule of Christ but, of course, Christ will quash the rebellion.

I'm sure you heard this teaching before, even if you never heard the word "dispensational." This is _not_ an orthodox interpretation of the Bible. Rather the Nicene Creed that Christians confess states:

"and He [Lord Jesus] shall come again with glory to judge the living and the dead; whose Kingdom shall have no end."

So, the orthodox belief is that when the Lord comes again, there will be judgment and an eternal Kingdom to follow. "The one who testifies about these things says, 'Yes, I am coming soon.' Amen. Come, Lord Jesus!" Rev 22:20.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,855.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Just a note:

I purchased the New Spirit Filled Life Study Bible (NKJV) and, although I haven't spent much time reading it, I've noticed the study notes clearly mark the difference between Dispensational understandings and regular old notes. This is a Pentecostal Study Bible. It gives me the impression they are pulling away from the Pre-Trib Rapture.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Upvote 0

Andrewn

CF Ambassadors
Site Supporter
Jul 4, 2019
-
✟681,411.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
I purchased the New Spirit Filled Life Study Bible (NKJV) and, although I haven't spent much time reading it, I've noticed the study notes clearly mark the difference between Dispensational understandings and regular old notes. This is a Pentecostal Study Bible. It gives me the impression they are pulling away from the Pre-Trib Rapture.
Good. It's honest to present all points of view. It bothers me when pastors present one point of view as if it were accepted by everyone. They have the right to say which theory they prefer. But they don't have the right to present this theory as the whole truth. This is especially the case when the beliefs contradict the Nicene Creed. Enjoy the Study.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JM

Augsburg Catholic
Site Supporter
Jun 26, 2004
Canada
✟745,855.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Others
Good. It's honest to present all points of view. It bothers me when pastors present one point of view as if it were accepted by everyone. They have the right to say which theory they prefers. But they don't have the right to present this theory as the whole truth. This is especially the case when the beliefs contradict the Nicene Creed. Enjoy the Study.
The Pastor is suppose to preach the truth not a multiplicity of truths...that's contradictory. I understand your point though.

Yours in the Lord,

jm

Last edited:
Upvote 0