Jan 15, 2006
"in the world but not of the world"...seated in th
✟18,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Hi,
Well im very discouraged these last few days...i am a believer studying the Word thirsting for more of the Lord for aprox 17 yrs...bouncing around to different churches non seemed to fit. Finally thought i had found my part of The Body of Christ only to discover that their views of Eternal Salvation appears to be dependant on their works... and when i shared my views here in their denomination, that i believe it is 'Only By the Blood Attonement' not by works of any kind, And that the Gift of Salvation is without repentance. That the Lord will chasen us and perhaps take our life but He would never leave us nor forsake us, they practically spit in my face saying i was teaching Heresy. They were rude and dishonoring to me...i need to know which part of the Body of Christ i am. Please pray that the Lord would give me wisdom.
Thx and God bless you richly for your kindness.:amen: :prayer: :groupray: :holy:

chaelsworld0o

Apr 7, 2004
South Carolina
✟864.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Awh man. That's silly that they would be so rude. If we are Christians and have a relationship with God, which is the most important thing... but in the bible it talks about not having silly arguments like this to discourage one another. I can relate because I've grown up in private school which I didn't agree with the denomination... but they were so rude of how they'd force their beliefs on you which I found very sad and discouraging.

But you know, people are humans (goodness it's not an excuse) and it shows that NON of us are perfect but that doesn't excuse anyones behavior, especially if they are in a position of authority.

People will always disapoint you in some way. God will never. ;) That's the awesome part.

I will def. pray for you.

Dear Lord, I just lift up followjesus777 right now. I praise you for the gift of disernment and I pray that the next church she goes to that the people their will shine with your love not for fake but for real! Lord, let her not be discouraged and let her set her eyes upon you and continue her walk with you. I pray for the people that were rude to her that you will show them your love and fix any problems where needed. I just thank you for all your awesome blessings in Jesus name. Amen.

--
Chael

Upvote 0

JacobsDream

Ace by His Grace
Nov 12, 2005
Chicagoland
✟24,208.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
followjesus777 said:
Hi,
...'Only By the Blood Attonement' not by works of any kind, And that the Gift of Salvation is without repentance. That the Lord will chasen us and perhaps take our life but He would never leave us nor forsake us...

You couldn't be more "on-the-money"
We can either spend our lives trying to do more good than bad and still come up short or accept Jesus' atoning blood as our ticket to heaven.

Lord I pray that as she seeks, she will find a place of worship that you are leading her to. Give her the patience, wisdom and grace to pass this test in Jesus name.

Remember your plans and preparations for her, finish the good work you started in Jesus name, amen.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Im-revived

Working for God, through our Lord.
May 5, 2005
England
✟7,494.00
Faith
Christian
Politics
UK-Labour
Emm interesting, don't know whos told you that!

The fact is love

Accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour
Love him with all your heart
Walk with him in your daily life
Accept he died for your sins
He will never leave you nor forsake you.

If your attitide to that is the same your a Christian.:pray:

Upvote 0

followjesus777

get behind...the Lord rebuke thee, JESUS is Lord!~
Jan 15, 2006
"in the world but not of the world"...seated in th
✟18,947.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
thankyou you all, my Precious Brethern for loving me with Christ's own heart and lifting me up!
God bless you all my prayers are with you also!
May the Lord grant you a double portion of the Holy Spirit like Elisha...and overflowing wisdom, understanding, insight and most of all love!In Jesus Precious Name i pray this with thanksgiving!
PTL JESUS!:amen: :clap: :clap: :prayer: :groupray:

Upvote 0

jslevinson

Feb 25, 2006
Arlington, MA
✟15,143.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jesus says He grants eternal life to all who believe in Him for eternal life. That is what the Gospel of John says. Eternal means eternal, as in a never ending, never ceasing relationship with God. We can abandon God; he will never abandon us.

The fruit of the Spirit is joy, peace, and patience. It is okay if this denomination disagreed with you, but they don't sound patient; it sounds like they were harsh and condemnatory. There is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. (Romans 8:1)

I pray that you can find a church family where you are blessed by sound teaching, feel loved, supported, and can contribute to the body of Christ according to your gifts.

I ask these things, through Christ our Lord. Amen.

My wife and I have been looking for a church as well and it has helped to research statements of faith on the Internet. Then we have some idea of what we are getting into, HTH.

I think a bottom line for both of us is that the church believe in (or at least not deny) eternal security, since the alternative is earning one's way to God's favor. God's grace is unmerited.

Romans 11:6 And if by grace, then is it no more of works: otherwise grace is no more grace. But if it be of works, then is it no more grace: otherwise work is no more work.

God loves you, so don't give up!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

liveandlove

Legend
Feb 26, 2006
USA
✟44,117.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
i went through the same experience. my pastor teaches that we have to see one another in the body of Christ as being in different levels of spiritual maturity. some are still baby Christians. it might help to see those we don't agree with as works in progress :) i am also a work in progress...

i understand it is frustrating especially when they hurt your feelings. i am praying for you, followJesus777 :)

Upvote 0