Disney World, Florida, reopens

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom are reopening Saturday, while Epcot and Disney's Hollywood Studios will follow four days later. "It's the chance to come back and be in the magic," said Diane Watkins, a preschool teacher from Helena, Alabama, who visits the park about eight times a year. "Hot or not, mask or not, we're just happy to be here. I feel like everybody here is in the same frame of mind. Everybody is just so excited to be here." Watkins said that when she and her 16-year-old daughter walked into the Magic Kingdom on Saturday morning, then saw all the cast members lined up and clapping on Main Street, she cried.

Earth's 'Most Magical Place' Reopens Amid Virus Surge

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well that answers the question about what the government cares about the most: people's lives or businesses making money.

Brilliant plan, let people from all over the US fly into Florida (or drive, even better) go through the airports, hotels, gas stations, restaurants until they get to Disney world. Bring them to one of the current hot spots and then let them return to their home with the "magic" inside.

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
They are screening sick people at the door. Can you imagine how angry you would be, you paid for a week in Florida, paid for the hotel, airline tickets, the whole package. Then when you get there they won't let you in the door?
They have my full sympathy.

But you don't go to florida to have corona, you go to florida to GET corona.

Upvote 0

loveofourlord

Feb 15, 2014
✟270,357.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
They are screening sick people at the door. Can you imagine how angry you would be, you paid for a week in Florida, paid for the hotel, airline tickets, the whole package. Then when you get there they won't let you in the door?

Or worse, something I feared duiring my trip to vancouver, your allowed into the hotel your staying at the first day, but have a fever by the second.

Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,702.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I live about 30 minutes from Disneyland and I’ve been I think maybe 4 times in my life. I could live happily ever after if they never open again.

I’ve been to DW Florida a few times and I don’t get it. I can appreciate some of the behind the scenes stuff for how they pull off certain illusions or just the general cleanliness and attention to detail, but why an adult would care about any of the rest of it.... It’s all just a really well polished money grab.

Kinda like paying to go there and then having it rain all week?

• Agree
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
July 10th, 2020 - Florida recorded 10,360 new cases and 95 new deaths
- that brings Florida's totals to 254,511 cases of COVID-19 and 4,197 deaths

It doesn't require "rocket science" to conclude that Disney World will serve as a major COVID-19 "spreader" - sending carriers back to their local communities across America!

Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
July 10th, 2020 - Florida recorded 10,360 new cases and 95 new deaths
- that brings Florida's totals to 254,511 cases of COVID-19 and 4,197 deaths

It doesn't require "rocket science" to conclude that Disney World will serve as a major COVID-19 "spreader" - sending carriers back to their local communities across America!
In other words, the most magical place in the world.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

jgarden

Senior Veteran
Jan 1, 2004
✟106,405.00
Faith
Methodist
6hIWaIH.png

In other words, the most magical place in the world.
"Click your heels together three times and say 'There's no place like home' and you'll be there."
- one of the most famous lines from The Wizard of Oz

Not magical enough to make COVID-19 miraculously disappear as promised by certain political leaders whose recommendations are tantamount to clicking our heels 3X and wishing it away!

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Nithavela

Apr 14, 2007
✟493,454.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single
"Click your heels together three times and say 'There's no place like home' and you'll be there."
- one of the most famous lines from The Wizard of Oz

Not magical enough to make COVID-19 miraculously disappear as promised by certain political leaders whose recommendations are tantamount to clicking our heels 3X and wishing it away!
Well, plague magic obviously.

Upvote 0

Mayzoo

Jun 17, 2004
✟205,037.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I can see the adds now--"Why get Coronavirus for free? Pay top dollar to acquire Coronavirus here!! Make memories you will never forget."

It is incredibly irresponsible for them to open, but of course, it is their "right". It is even more irresponsible for people to actually support this by going. There is great wisdom/truth in "put your money where your mouth is." If no one goes, they would reclose......but I know that is a pipe dream.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ZNP

Feb 20, 2020
Atlanta
✟54,279.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can see the adds now--"Why get Coronavirus for free? Pay top dollar to acquire Coronavirus here!! Make memories you will never forget."

It is incredibly irresponsible for them to open, but of course, it is their "right". It is even more irresponsible for people to actually support this by going. There is great wisdom/truth in "put your money where your mouth is." If no one goes, they would reclose......but I know that is a pipe dream.
From the same people who brought you sleeping beauty.

Upvote 0