Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Yesterday I was up at my garden pulling cabbage weeds out and I was listening to a radio and the preacher I was listening to said something that distressed me, a well known "GOOD" preacher at this.

You would've thought the guy was into CNN, MSNBC, Facebook etc. Please get out of those if you know who you are. Last week I started a boycott and closed my Amazon account because if the blackmailing of other companies, etc.

One thing, I heard him break the first rule of being a Christian but I also feel as if this good preacher was misled by the medias, we watch either OAN or Newsmax in my house. He blamed the former president for the BLM/Antifa riot in DC when it's not at all Trump's fault.

And I'm finding instances where other good Jesus lovers are straying the same path. I know I can't change another person's personal political views but I find it a terrible road considering what is on the list next for our God. But I know it's his will not ours.

• Agree
Reactions: Taodeching

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,158,778.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
the first rule of being a Christian

To put your faith in Christ is the first rule of being Christian.

Those who believe in Him read and listen to His words, and keep them.

Upvote 0

durangodawood

Dis Member
Aug 28, 2007
Colorado
✟432,821.00
Country
United States
Faith
Seeker
Marital Status
Single
To put your faith in Christ is the first rule of being Christian.

Those who believe in Him read and listen to His words, and keep them.
There's a new Christianity in town. Its badge says Party First.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Maria Billingsley

Site Supporter
Oct 7, 2018
Martinez
✟906,105.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yesterday I was up at my garden pulling cabbage weeds out and I was listening to a radio and the preacher I was listening to said something that distressed me, a well known "GOOD" preacher at this.

You would've thought the guy was into CNN, MSNBC, Facebook etc. Please get out of those if you know who you are. Last week I started a boycott and closed my Amazon account because if the blackmailing of other companies, etc.

One thing, I heard him break the first rule of being a Christian but I also feel as if this good preacher was misled by the medias, we watch either OAN or Newsmax in my house. He blamed the former president for the BLM/Antifa riot in DC when it's not at all Trump's fault.

And I'm finding instances where other good Jesus lovers are straying the same path. I know I can't change another person's personal political views but I find it a terrible road considering what is on the list next for our God. But I know it's his will not ours.
Welcome. OAN or Newsmax to Christians is like a seed that grows in thistles causing it to wither and die. Be blessed.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

One thing, I heard him break the first rule of being a Christian but I also feel as if this good preacher was misled by the medias, we watch either OAN or Newsmax in my house.

He blamed the former president for the BLM/Antifa riot in DC when it's not at all Trump's fault.

This is a Poe, right?

If not, OAN and Newsmax are lying to you. Trump stoked the crowd with lies about the election and it was his supporters who stormed the capitol.

Upvote 0

childeye 2

Aug 18, 2018
Denver CO
✟203,538.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What BLM /antifa riot are you referring to?

• Optimistic
Reactions: Elliewaves
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Nithavela

our world is happy and mundane
Apr 14, 2007
Comb. Pizza Hut and Taco Bell/Jamaica Avenue.
✟493,565.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Single

The first rule of being a christian is not blaming Trump?

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The first rule of being a christian is not blaming Trump?

And watching only OAN and Newsmax in your household. Don't forget that part.

Upvote 0

SarahsKnight

Jesus Christ is this Knight's truth.
Site Supporter
Jul 15, 2014
Magnolia, AR
✟993,528.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
But that's two rules.

They both kind of fall under the general heading of being a Trump loyalist who excuses or rationalizes everything he says and does though, can't it? So maybe in that sense it counts as just one thing.

Upvote 0

cow451

Standing with Ukraine.
Site Supporter
May 29, 2012
Hot and Humid
✟1,120,276.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Desk trauma

Front row at the dumpster fire of the republic
Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
He blamed the former president for the BLM/Antifa riot in DC when it's not at all Trump's fault.
Oh, the insurrection at the capital was BLM/Antifa today?

Upvote 0

67_Reasons

66 pages + the Lord Jesus
Jan 12, 2021
Skipperville, AL, USA
✟87,818.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Odd, all these years Christians have been telling me the first rule was something about having faith in/loving God.
Oh, the insurrection at the capital was BLM/Antifa today?

We should don't place blame on anyone until we know the whole truth and we are rarely given it to us by the news; We should have faith in God first and not in Lawrence O'Donnell etc.

It has been known that there have been planned attacks by Antifa long before the pro Trump rally in Washington, and as far as I've been made aware there is little attention payed to this by the media because they have a known agenda.

But if we Condemn Trump based on just on what the media says, we may have well have been sold out by the antichrist. It's not just Insane but also complacent.

Upvote 0

Desk trauma

Site Supporter
Dec 1, 2011
✟1,190,433.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
We should don't place blame on anyone until we know the whole truth and we are rarely given it to us by the news; We should have faith in God first and not in Lawrence O'Donnell etc.

It has been known that there have been planned attacks by Antifa long before the pro Trump rally in Washington, and as far as I've been made aware there is little attention payed to this by the media because they have a known agenda.

Rise up in sedition to stop the constitutional process and get thrown under the bus as antifa once it becomes apparent how poorly it went over. It's almost enough to make me feel bad for the suckers. No, wait, it's not even close to enough. It is hilarious though.

But if we Condemn Trump based on just on what the media says...

HIs own words are more than sufficient.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,952.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
But if we Condemn Trump based on just on what the media says, we may have well have been sold out by the antichrist. It's not just Insane but also complacent.

Why do so many people in your camp think we only get our ideas from the media? Is that how you guys operate? Over here, we don't need Rachel Maddow to tell us what to think. We've all watched his speech and/or read the transcript. We can all see the myriad MAGA hats and Trump flags in the crowd. It was a giant pro-Trump rally, built on his lies about the allegedly stolen election.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.