Gold Coast
✟51,233.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Brothers and sisters, I am a young man struggling with lust, and no matter how much I ask God even in tears sometimes for deliverance there seems to be no way out. Life has made it so that I can do very little, as all the money I make goes to supporting my parents. I feel so downhearted, so lost in the fog. What do I do, how can I beat this thing. I want to get married one day, but everything seems hopeless. please help

• Prayers
Reactions: gennypearl
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Brothers and sisters, I am a young man struggling with lust, and no matter how much I ask God even in tears sometimes for deliverance there seems to be no way out. Life has made it so that I can do very little, as all the money I make goes to supporting my parents. I feel so downhearted, so lost in the fog. What do I do, how can I beat this thing. I want to get married one day, but everything seems hopeless. please help

Brother, I understand. I had a struggle with Lust until a good while ago. The key is to think to yourself, "That girl has a family. A Father, a Mother, cousins and probably her own issues with life. Do I really want to do this, even though it will hurt me in the end?"

After that, all you have to do is listen to this song:

Over and over again on loop, all while praying and rebuking the lust and satan away. Worked for me.

Don't think i'm serious? I am. Very serious.

Peace be with you brother, amen.

Upvote 0

ilovejcsog

I am a Christian mutt. You can call me Rox
Jul 23, 2018
Phoenix
✟21,004.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Constitution
Search here for topics on Lust. There is some good info and suggestions in those threads.
Pray and pray some more. Remind yourself what it is doing to you and what it is doing to Jesus. It hurts him when it hurts you.
Blessings

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Friend, you feel downhearted; that is real; don't let anyone make you believe they are correct in attempting to invalidate that. Christ, Himself said, "My soul is overwhelmed with sorrow to the point of death." This was uttered in the context of an episode wherein great drops of blood fell from His forehead like sweat. Tell Jesus you will surely not be able to endure unless He is by your side; then understand and accept that before you even called out, He had already dispatched angels that excel in strength and speed to come to your aid. You must not wait to feel that this is so. It is a snare of the enemy of souls. Your very imagination was given to you that you might believe His promises. I could go on and on. But you need to hear this. Men with no hope do not struggle with lust. They embrace and celebrate it. And even then, as long as they draw breath, they are not too far removed for Christ's arm to raise them up. Be of good cheer. He has overcome the world. He will deliver you from your present state in His perfect time. One day you will be able to look back and see that had He acted according to our wishes, one second sooner or later than His, all would have been lost. Do not give the devil the satisfaction of making sport of you. Only believe. It is both all and the most you can do. And even faith and belief are a gift from the Throne of your Champion. They are already yours. Only believe, young saint.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
May 11, 2017
Saucier
✟52,137.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Thank you all, these words help me, thank you

You're welcome, now if you have any problems, just PM me here on CF in a conversation. I'll just listen and give advice when wanted.

That's what friends are for right?

Upvote 0

Jh24

A brother in Christ
Mar 8, 2019
Gold Coast
✟51,233.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You're welcome, now if you have any problems, just PM me here on CF in a conversation. I'll just listen and give advice when wanted.

That's what friends are for right?
Thank you friend, ill keep that in mind, God bless

Upvote 0

D.A. Wright

Stealth Defender Of Holy Writ
Site Supporter
Jul 18, 2019
Central PA
✟53,852.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hate to be a shameless poster of media. But Youtube, when closely scrutinized and curated can be a veritable treasure trove of God's grace. The references to the Seventh-day Adventist-specific faith and culture are not directly germane to this discussion, but the message itself seems quite applicable to me.

Friend, bask in God's Love:

Upvote 0