✟4,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
NYC Citibank Arrest Customers For Closing Their Accounts

Towards the end they just grab a woman outside with her bank reciept in her hand... Cowards

A run on the banks is the ultimate doomsday scenario for the multinational corporations and the government. The banking system, governments and currencies are propped up only by collective faith and belief. Once faith in these structures is lost, chaos and meltdowns occur. They will do anything to prop them up...including violating your liberties...

NYC Citibank Occupation Arrests - YouTube

Johnny Todd

Sep 19, 2011
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
NYC Citibank Arrest Customers For Closing Their Accounts

Towards the end they just grab a woman outside with her bank reciept in her hand... Cowards

A run on the banks is the ultimate doomsday scenario for the multinational corporations and the government. The banking system, governments and currencies are propped up only by collective faith and belief. Once faith in these structures is lost, chaos and meltdowns occur. They will do anything to prop them up...including violating your liberties...

Its likely only when faced with the true reality of this fact, will people awake and pull their heads out of the sand and see whats really going on. Imagine being arrested for simply wanting to take your money out of the bank

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,478.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It is difficult to say exactly "why" the arrests occurred as of yet. Some say that most of those arrested did not have accounts at the bank and had been asked to leave the bank but refused. The girl that was outside showed that she may have had an account but police may have wanted to get her away from the protesters.

If police over stepped their authority, she will have grounds for legal action which could pay her quite a bit of money from both Citibank and NYC.

Upvote 0

Johnny Todd

Sep 19, 2011
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It is difficult to say exactly "why" the arrests occurred as of yet. Some say that most of those arrested did not have accounts at the bank and had been asked to leave the bank but refused. The girl that was outside showed that she may have had an account but police may have wanted to get her away from the protesters.

If police over stepped their authority, she will have grounds for legal action which could pay her quite a bit of money from both Citibank and NYC.
There is a broad spectrum of laws that give police the right to arrest folks at any whim they choose. they will probably charge these folks with "inciting a riot" as the video clearly shows there was a large crowd of people who were yelling and not acting in a calm and mannered disposition. If I was the bank manager, and a bunch of unruly citzens came clamering in my bank yelling and demanding their money in a aggressive way I'd call the police too! after which I would withdraw all my money from the same bank I was arrested in. the idea is correct the manner in which it was done was to dramatic, banks are exactly what these folks are claiming them to be

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,478.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
There is a broad spectrum of laws that give police the right to arrest folks at any whim they choose. they will probably charge these folks with "inciting a riot" as the video clearly shows there was a large crowd of people who were yelling and not acting in a calm and mannered disposition. If I was the bank manager, and a bunch of unruly citzens came clamering in my bank yelling and demanding their money in a aggressive way I'd call the police too! after which I would withdraw all my money from the same bank I was arrested in. the idea is correct the manner in which it was done was to dramatic, banks are exactly what these folks are claiming them to be
Police have the right to make arrests in many cases but that does not mean that they had the right to arrest the woman outside the bank. That will be for the court system to decide. She did not appear to be inciting the crowd. The police presence would have done that.

What we don't know is what exactly went on "inside" the bank before the video began. If you have information as to that, please share so that we may be more enlightened.

The bank most likely acted within their rights in having the people inside arrested. I don't doubt that the protesters were making a scene with the withdraw attempts. The bank is not public property and the bank can have them removed or arrested if they refuse to leave. The police were also inside and witnessed things which we do not know that was occurring.

We will know in time.

Upvote 0

revelations12_12

Jedi Sentinal
Feb 15, 2005
Oregon
✟4,432.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Police have the right to make arrests in many cases but that does not mean that they had the right to arrest the woman outside the bank. That will be for the court system to decide. She did not appear to be inciting the crowd. The police presence would have done that.

What we don't know is what exactly went on "inside" the bank before the video began. If you have information as to that, please share so that we may be more enlightened.

The bank most likely acted within their rights in having the people inside arrested. I don't doubt that the protesters were making a scene with the withdraw attempts. The bank is not public property and the bank can have them removed or arrested if they refuse to leave. The police were also inside and witnessed things which we do not know that was occurring.

We will know in time.

The story said that everyone that closed their account was to be arrested. She had her bank receipts thinking she was legit but that was the grounds for who they chose to arrest and who they told to get lost. That is why it made news...

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,478.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The story said that everyone that closed there account was to be arrested. She had her bank receipts thinking she was legit but that was the grounds for who they chose to arrest and who they told to get lost. That is why it made news...
The story saying that and that actually being the case is two separate things. I look for other stories which might relate a non-biased angle and did not find that to be the case.

There is nothing illegal with closing an account but doing so "might" implicate the woman in the disruption inside the bank. She is obviously outside the bank and may have left when asked to do so or bank cameras may show that she was the cause of the problem. That is yet to be revealed.

If she was arrested improperly, then she would have a case which the court system can sort out.

Which ever the case, she has done her job in garnering support for the protesters. There is nothing wrong in getting arrested for a protest. As a former Union official, I give her a big thumbs up.:thumbsup:

I stood up against the companies, through the threat of arrest, and never lost the support of the men that I represented for over 20 years in office because of doing so.

Upvote 0

Johnny Todd

Sep 19, 2011
✟673.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The story saying that and that actually being the case is two separate things. I look for other stories which might relate a non-biased angle and did not find that to be the case.

There is nothing illegal with closing an account but doing so "might" implicate the woman in the disruption inside the bank. She is obviously outside the bank and may have left when asked to do so or bank cameras may show that she was the cause of the problem. That is yet to be revealed.

If she was arrested improperly, then she would have a case which the court system can sort out.

Which ever the case, she has done her job in garnering support for the protesters. There is nothing wrong in getting arrested for a protest. As a former Union official, I give her a big thumbs up.:thumbsup:

I stood up against the companies, through the threat of arrest, and never lost the support of the men that I represented for over 20 years in office because of doing so.
union offical......is that one of the legit names they give, racketeers these days?, Unions were great before the mob owned them!, now there just another corrupt racket, used to control politicians and government

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,478.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
union offical......is that one of the legit names they give, racketeers these days?, Unions were great before the mob owned them!, now there just another corrupt racket, used to control politicians and government
We are not the Teamsters. Most all Unions today are free of any mob influence. That is not to say that corruption did not exist. Our General Chairman was in cahoots with the Railroad officials and it took several years before we finally make charges stick against him. Just as soon as he was booted out of office he become an adviser to Norfolk Southern Railroad. He cost the working man a lot of grief because of his deals.

I was a local Official and worked beside my men everyday, swinging sledge hammers and sweating out the prior nights beer. It is easy to see when people are clueless about subjects. They say stupid things about things they know nothing about. Keep to something that you know.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,478.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
It looks like everything was cut and dry after the regular cops arrived and arrested the group but we must remember that this is one guys testimony and he may not know the law the way he acts.

It is also good that they have the video of this event because the officer who he claims was paid to start violence is plainly shown on the video. If someone has hired them to do this, it should come out eventually.

I have no doubts that the city did not do this. Cops are people and all have their own political views and right wing factions could be behind something like this. We have seen that in Wisconsin.

Upvote 0
Nov 5, 2009
East Coast America
✟8,427.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Merely trying to provide some insight before we all jump to the conclusion that cops are disgusting. As I had seen the video prior to it showing up on here, I am a bit distrustful of the video. The guy in my link clearly says he did not have an account there. So I wonder how many of them actually did. This leads me to believe that most of them did not and they were merely disrupting the bank. But perhaps there was a little orchestration on the other side as well, as far as private security goes.

It's kind of a mess, but one that looks like it could have been avoided.

Upvote 0

Yarddog

Senior Contributor
Site Supporter
Jun 25, 2008
Louisville, Ky
✟820,478.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Merely trying to provide some insight before we all jump to the conclusion that cops are disgusting. As I had seen the video prior to it showing up on here, I am a bit distrustful of the video. The guy in my link clearly says he did not have an account there. So I wonder how many of them actually did. This leads me to believe that most of them did not and they were merely disrupting the bank. But perhaps there was a little orchestration on the other side as well, as far as private security goes.

It's kind of a mess, but one that looks like it could have been avoided.
Thanks for what you have done so far. I am looking, trying to find good info but it will take time. With the crowd going, people are showing up from many places. Each has a separate agenda and a few may want to cause problems or just do not think things through clearly before acting. That occurs in these type of demonstrations.

I am confidant that police are doing the best that they can but tensions can grow on their side as well and they may over react. Police who show up to help are not fully aware of what is going on and may also over react.

I pray that no one gets killed in this thing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums