• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Disgusted with Nickelodeon

Discussion in 'One Bread, One Body - Catholic' started by JeffreyLloyd, May 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. isshinwhat

isshinwhat Pro Deo et Patria

+605
    Eastern Orthodox
    Thanks be to God!

2. BAFRIEND

BAFRIEND Well-Known Member

+1,108
    Catholic
    Private
    My nephew was sleeping in his quarters when a rocket exploded nearby. If it had not been for a pallet of water barrels between his quarters and where he was sleeping, he probably would have been killed.

3. Woodsy

Woodsy Returned From Afar. Supporter

+265
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    I once got bombed whilst in my cups.

4. Bowedb4Him

Bowedb4Him Member

+8
    Catholic
    Single
    CA-Conservatives
    sounds like on the same level as rosie o donnel calling our troops terrorists...i think america needs a reality check...

5. BAFRIEND

+1,108
    Catholic
    Private
    And don't forget Hanoi Jane Fonda... who claims she has never had a face lift, LOL !

6. Called2Grace

Called2Grace My body, my birth my choice! Supporter

+216
    Christian
    Married
    AU-Labor
    Wow, missed the sexual inuendos of rocko's modern life...I used to love that show!

7. Called2Grace

Called2Grace My body, my birth my choice! Supporter

+216
    Christian
    Married
    AU-Labor
    I am not sure if I am alone in my beliefs, but I am pro life, which to me is that I am against war of any kind for any reason, I am against the death penalty for any reason. Being pro life I cannot condone anything that can lead to the death of any one regardless of the things that they have done. I don't believe that you will ever achieve peace through a war. I'm not saying that I have the answers though as I don't. I just know that we ourselves we asked not to judge others that way, that is for God to do, and I trust that is what will happen. I am in no way qualified to determine if someone deserves to die. I am not a US citizen, but the opinions and beliefs of Bush effect me as my prime minister feels compelled to impress him at every step of the way.
    /me bites my tongue about our prime minister...
    I don't know about being in the middle of combat, but I am a wife and mother, and I do know and understand how wives and mothers feel about their husbands and children. The troops need to be returned home, safely.
    I agree with something cosmic charlie said earlier.
    Support our troops: Bring them home!

8. mixiejoeusa

mixiejoeusa Praise God With All Your Heart

+217
    Catholic
    Single
    US-Republican
    that network is just awful now. their shows for teans are mostly all about sex, there are a few clean ones left, but not many

9. Ave Maria

Ave Maria Ave Maria Gratia Plena

+1,608
    United States
    Catholic
    Engaged
    US-Republican
    Wow. That is disgusting. :sick: :mad:

A few hours ago I would have agreed with what these kids are doing on television. Now I don't. I have come home to the Catholic Church and wish to apologize to all of you whom I have offended.

10. Cosmic Charlie

Cosmic Charlie The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated

+2,207
    United States
    Catholic
    Married
    Two hours ago I was sober

Ten minutes ago I realized I was drunk.

I'll be sober again later.

Why do I drink ? To forget. What am I trying to forget ? I don't remember.

See how well it works.

Right now I'm having a cigarette.

Sorry for the second hand smoke.

11. BillH

BillH Be not afraid!

+404
    Catholic
    Married
    I must say that I'm consistently amazed by Cosmic Charlie's ability to spell while drinking.

12. Brother_Justin

Brother_Justin Warrior of Our Lady

+183
    Catholic
    Single
    [​IMG]

Please keep this thread on topic. This is no place to be making personal comments toward any one member. Please return the conversation to what the OP intended it to be.

Please remember to have grace and patience with one another. Christ calls us to live in community and to love one another. This means being patient and being respectful even when our greatest urge is not to be.

Bring this thread back please and everything will be ok.

Thanks all

Brother Justin <><

13. BAFRIEND

+1,108
    Catholic
    Private
    Well, back to the topic of calling out soldiers terrorists:

14. MikeK

MikeK Traditionalist Catholic

+5,501
    Catholic
    Married
    I'm with BAFRIEND, most of our soldiers aren't terrorists.

15. BAFRIEND

+1,108
    Catholic
    Private
    You were supposed to respond with something like:

"How do you know that nice looking guy with the puppy is not a terrorist who shoots innocent civilians."

Then I would have chastised you for calling Charles Litkey, a Catholic Priest and receipient of the Medal Of Honor for saving the lives of over 20 fathers, brothers and sons on Dec 6. 1967, a terrorist.

Today, Litkey is a well known peace activist who has done time in Federal prison for protesting against American foreign policy. he was one of the human shields on the border protesting against the last American invasion into Iraq.

You are no fun.

16. MikeK

MikeK Traditionalist Catholic

+5,501
    Catholic
    Married
    I heard he ate the puppy.

17. BAFRIEND

+1,108
    Catholic
    Private
    Yeah, but he shared what was left with the local villagers (in exchange for a couple hand woven baskets). ;)

18. Caedmon

Caedmon kawaii Supporter

+538
    Catholic
    US-Others
    Think about the name of, and sign in front of, the leading fried chicken chain in O-Town.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rocko's_Modern_Life

19. EllenMoran

EllenMoran Lord, I believe, help my unbelief

+99
    Catholic
    Married
    US-Others
    It works for directions too. Ever been to Dingle? "Where is the church? Across from Dick Mack's. Where is Dick Mack's? Across from the church."

Never be lost with directions like those.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.