Visit site
✟23,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I just turned the TV on, the channel was still Nickelodeon. Right now it's a documentary, Nick style about a bunch of kids (8, 9, 10, 11, 12ish) in orange jump suits and black masks over their face (a la ghraib) protesting in New York about the war on terror.

They were laying in the streets with signs against the "real" terrorist President Bush and US soldiers.

These kids were saying how evil our soldiers were and how they are making the real impact because people are really freaked out when they see kids doing the protesting!

The one kid said, "Torture is evil and if our soldiers are doing that, then they are evil too."

:(

I went to the website the kids have on their little signs and not only is a ant-Bush page, but it's also has kids speaking out aganist the ban on partial birth abortion.

Just sick.

C'mon Jeff, this is what public television is all about. Also, anyone who contributes to them should know what they do with your money.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I think I know what all this really amount to.

It just seems to me that everytime someone slams soldiers it comes from those who lack their own courage, are insecure, and have no accomplishments of their own.

The same people who when asked have never put their lives on the line or gone through the trama of saving a friends lfe.

iraq_medics.jpg

This is now the third time you've said this (includeding the time you quoted yourself in order to say it again)

Are you out of ideas or just baiting ?

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
This is now the third time you've said this (includeding the time you quoted yourself in order to say it again)

Are you out of ideas or just baiting ?
I have four times:

Post#'s: 21, 24, 43, 60.

"It just seems to me that everytime someone slams soldiers it comes from those who lack their own courage, are insecure, and have no accomplishments of their own. "

This is number 5.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟66,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I have four times:

Post#'s: 21, 24, 43, 60.

"It just seems to me that everytime someone slams soldiers it comes from those who lack their own courage, are insecure, and have no accomplishments of their own. "

This is number 5.
So you're baiting then ?

Upvote 0

IgnatiusOfAntioch

Contributor
May 3, 2005
Visit site
✟23,767.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution

That is what public television is all about. Also, anyone who contributes to them should know what they do with your money.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
So you think we should look the other way when soldiers do evil things, because they are soldiers? Because that is what I'm picking up. That soldiers are above the law and above criticism.
And that my friend is exactly the reason why I posted my quote from another thread on on post #25

I don't think they were hung out to dry.

I might mention that the Commanding General was rightfully fired over this. She claims she was scapegoated.

The enlisted personel responsible are a disgrace to all the men and women who bravely put on the uniform and do their jobs well and takes away from them and the rightful credit they deserve. The disgusting acts the enlisted personel go way beyond following orders... the punishment should have extended to civilain contractors that I understand are just a guilty.

If you are dumb enough to have yourself demeaning and torturing others on kodak, then you get what you deserve. Prison and disgrace.

Because I knew that someone was going to come back and contribute thoughts and opinions to me that I do not hold.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

in2Nas

...using the brain God gave me.
Jul 7, 2005
New Mexico
✟16,039.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
So you think we should look the other way when soldiers do evil things, because they are soldiers? Because that is what I'm picking up. That soldiers are above the law and above criticism.

I guess I'll jump in here. I want to first point out that I that overall I do not condone torture, or any violation of rules of engagement. Having said that, each case needs to handled independently. It also very easy (maybe too easy) for someone back home, especially with no military experience, to criticize what a soldier does in Iraq. My last tour was at an internment facility in Iraq and it was not easy. As apalled as I was what happened at Abu Ghraib, I at least understand now how someone can convince themselves it is okay do commit these acts. It is alot easier than you think. Being face to face with "alleged" terrorists day after day after day wears on you. It's hard for me to call an 18-22 year-old kid "evil" when they are improperly trained, overworked, inexperienced and poorly supported.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

Oct 14, 2003
✟66,905.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I guess I'll jump in here. I want to first point out that I that overall I do not condone torture, or any violation of rules of engagement. Having said that, each case needs to handled independently. It also very easy (maybe too easy) for someone back home, especially with no military experience, to criticize what a soldier does in Iraq. My last tour was at an internment facility in Iraq and it was not easy. As apalled as I was what happened at Abu Ghraib, I at least understand now how someone can convince themselves it is okay do commit these acts. It is alot easier than you think. Being face to face with "alleged" terrorists day after day after day wears on you. It's hard for me to call an 18-22 year-old kid "evil" when they are improperly trained, overworked, inexperienced and poorly supported.

So evil is evil unless its inconvinent for it to be, then it not evil anymore its just me not being in the situation and not understanding their problems.

....And I get accused of moral relativism ?

Don't get me wrong I understand one of the evils of war is that it makes good men do evil things, this is one the things that makes war it something that should be avoided.

Not charged into willy-nilly by leaders who are insecure about their courage because they never served in combat, never put their life on the line for their country.

(Didn't see that coming did you BA ? )

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

in2Nas

...using the brain God gave me.
Jul 7, 2005
New Mexico
✟16,039.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
overall??:confused:

Yes. I hate to say it, but when the lives of American soldiers are paramount. If the lives my fellow Airman..Soldiers..Marines..Seaman are at stake based on the information of an insurgent holds and torture is the only key, so be it. Torture is not is not black and white in the eyes of many. Things like sleep deprivation or solitary confinement are considered torture..which I have no problem with.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.