United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Coming of age in Nickland:

20_47_291_20_06.jpg

Means:

Coming to grips with the fact that your father died for nothing more then the vanity of a Texas villiage idiot.

Support Our Troops: Bring them home.

Upvote 0

dawnsday

Senior Veteran
Nov 19, 2004
STL, MO
✟18,344.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It appears that Nickelodeon is not advocating any of these positions, but rather showing that children are activists with strong political and social opinions.

To avoid the appearance of bias, it would have been good if they had children who supported the war and were pro-life on the show, too.

Children do not only think one way.

But I do know children who protest the war every week.

I also know children who have participated in the March for Life.

i find it ironic that it goes "anti-war, pro-choice" and "for the war and pro-life"

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Coming to grips with the fact that your father died for nothing more then the vanity of a Texas villiage idiot.

Means coming to grips with the fact that some people are never going to appreciate the fact that some gave their lives for those who have no real accomplishments of their own. That some gave their lives while trying to save the lives of their friends even though it meant that they would never see their own kids graduate from high school.

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Member of the Round Table
Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
kids that age really are just parots, not a big deal, the use of children to make a point kind of smacks of explotation and putting too much stock in emotionalism, Nickelodeon has a liberal bias, i remember that from nicknews as a kid, so I am not really surprised.

Fun with a declarative statement:

Torture is evil and if our soldiers are doing that then they're evil too.

Contraception is evil and if our soldirs are doing that then they're evil too.

Killing unarmed civilians is evil and if our soldiers are doing that then they're evil too.

Rape of a 14 year old and the murder of her and her family is evil and if our soldiers are doing that then they're evil too.

that is true, this is not a world of moral reltivism, there is right and wrong, if we can not admit mistakes how do you expect us to the world leader?

Upvote 0

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
i find it ironic that it goes "anti-war, pro-choice" and "for the war and pro-life"
that is funny, but we do not really want the war, the war is something we have to deal with and get it done right so we will not have 20 more wars in Iraq in the next 100 years

Upvote 0

MikeK

Traditionalist Catholic
Feb 4, 2004
Wisconsin
✟90,821.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
kids that age really are just parots, not a big deal, the use of children to make a point kind of smacks of explotation and putting too much stock in emotionalism

That's what I tell the people who parade their kids around with pictures of dead fetusses, they just don't get it. Protesters almost always provoke a negative reaction from me, especially those that make an argument (or poster) meant to apeal to th emotions.

I am thankful that so far most Iraq war protesters have had the class to refrain from carrying pictures of decapitated Iraqui civilians around in a last-ditch effort to get their point accross.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I believe the war on terror is because of abortion. If abortion continues, terror will only get worse. God uses our enemies to punish immorality.

Then we are foolish to have our soldiers in harms way in Iraq, aren't we ?

Better to bring them home and clean up our own house.

Upvote 0

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟66,804.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
that is funny, but we do not really want the war, the war is something we have to deal with and get it done right so we will not have 20 more wars in Iraq in the next 100 years

Yes, better to have one long hundred years war then a bunch of short ones.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Rhamiel

Nov 11, 2006
ohio
✟241,111.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
"That's what I tell the people who parade their kids around with pictures of dead fetusses, they just don't get it. Protesters almost always provoke a negative reaction from me, especially those that make an argument (or poster) meant to apeal to th emotions."
agree on that, we can show the evils of abortions without the gore

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
I just turned the TV on, the channel was still Nickelodeon. Right now it's a documentary, Nick style about a bunch of kids (8, 9, 10, 11, 12ish) in orange jump suits and black masks over their face (a la ghraib) protesting in New York about the war on terror.

They were laying in the streets with signs against the "real" terrorist President Bush and US soldiers.

These kids were saying how evil our soldiers were and how they are making the real impact because people are really freaked out when they see kids doing the protesting!

The one kid said, "Torture is evil and if our soldiers are doing that, then they are evil too."

:(

I went to the website the kids have on their little signs and not only is a ant-Bush page, but it's also has kids speaking out aganist the ban on partial birth abortion.

Just sick.
While I agree with most of what you said, what is wrong with "Torture is evil and if our soldiers are doing it then they are evil too." How is that not a true statement? Whoever would torture another human being is clearly evil.

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Someone I love dearly was raped by a US Army soldier....but he wasn't evil...because he's...you know...a US Army soldier.

Sorry, no. Soldiers who do evil things are evil. Soldiers who do good things are good. Soldiers who do brave things are brave. But soldiers aren't the Borg. They're individuals. Some are evil and some are not.

Upvote 0

isshinwhat

Pro Deo et Patria
Apr 12, 2002
Visit site
✟13,555.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
As disgusting as the photos of dead children are, they shock people and make them take notice of the fact that the "fetus" they are "terminating" is not a lifeless glob of cells. An appeal to emotion is sometimes necessary to overcome the lack of emotion shown by those who try to convince scared mothers that the child within them is nothing.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

in2Nas

...using the brain God gave me.
Jul 7, 2005
New Mexico
✟16,039.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I just turned the TV on, the channel was still Nickelodeon. Right now it's a documentary, Nick style about a bunch of kids (8, 9, 10, 11, 12ish) in orange jump suits and black masks over their face (a la ghraib) protesting in New York about the war on terror.

They were laying in the streets with signs against the "real" terrorist President Bush and US soldiers.

These kids were saying how evil our soldiers were and how they are making the real impact because people are really freaked out when they see kids doing the protesting!

The one kid said, "Torture is evil and if our soldiers are doing that, then they are evil too."

Rosie O'Donnell must have switched networks.

Upvote 0

Da_Funkey_Gibbon

I'm just like the others...
Jan 8, 2005
✟20,178.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Someone I love dearly was raped by a US Army soldier....but he wasn't evil...because he's...you know...a US Army soldier.

Sorry, no. Soldiers who do evil things are evil. Soldiers who do good things are good. Soldiers who do brave things are brave. But soldiers aren't the Borg. They're individuals. Some are evil and some are not.
Yes, and that's the distinction that wasn't made - the soldiers were referred to as a group, implying that there was collective responsibility.

Upvote 0

InnerPhyre

Nov 13, 2003
✟71,967.00
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
Yes, and that's the distinction that wasn't made - the soldiers were referred to as a group, implying that there was collective responsibility.
"Torture is evil and if our soldiers are doing that, then they are evil too."

It's pretty clear who is being spoken about here. If soldiers torture, they are evil.

Upvote 0

Da_Funkey_Gibbon

I'm just like the others...
Jan 8, 2005
✟20,178.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
"Torture is evil and if our soldiers are doing that, then they are evil too."

It's pretty clear who is being spoken about here. If soldiers torture, they are evil.
It's ambiguous to say the least, and besides it's never as simple as all that.

Upvote 0

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
I think I know what all this really amount to.

It just seems to me that everytime someone slams soldiers it comes from those who lack their own courage, are insecure, and have no accomplishments of their own.

The same people who when asked have never put their lives on the line or gone through the trama of saving a friends lfe.

iraq_medics.jpg

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.