Mar 5, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟75,991.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just turned the TV on, the channel was still Nickelodeon. Right now it's a documentary, Nick style about a bunch of kids (8, 9, 10, 11, 12ish) in orange jump suits and black masks over their face (a la ghraib) protesting in New York about the war on terror.

They were laying in the streets with signs against the "real" terrorist President Bush and US soldiers.

These kids were saying how evil our soldiers were and how they are making the real impact because people are really freaked out when they see kids doing the protesting!

The one kid said, "Torture is evil and if our soldiers are doing that, then they are evil too."

:(

I went to the website the kids have on their little signs and not only is a ant-Bush page, but it's also has kids speaking out aganist the ban on partial birth abortion.

Just sick.

Reactions: TwinCrier

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I just turned the TV on, the channel was still Nickelodeon. Right now it's a documentary, Nick style about a bunch of kids (8, 9, 10, 11, 12ish) in orange jump suits and black masks over their face (a la ghraib) protesting in New York about the war on terror.

They were laying in the streets with signs against the "real" terrorist President Bush and US soldiers.

Well, maybe they're just trying to counter the effect that FOX news has on American thinking.

These kids were saying how evil our soldiers were and how they are making the real impact because people are really freaked out when they see kids doing the protesting!

The one kid said, "Torture is evil and if our soldiers are doing that, then they are evil too."

Look I keep hearing about absolute morality v relative morality. In that vein either torture is good or its not.

Is good to have OUR soldiers tortured ?

Yes, I know, its a hard question.

I went to the website the kids have on their little signs and not only is a ant-Bush page, but it's also has kids speaking out aganist the ban on partial birth abortion.

Just sick.
[/QUOTE]

Serious question: which one to you is worse: anti-Bush or anti-D&C abortion ban ?

Just wondering.

Reactions: Adammi
Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I found something about the special (a blog post about it) and it featured 5 kids who were engaged in some sort of activism.

One against overseas child labor, one against torture, one against standardized tests, one against a circus (animal rights), and one against the Iraq war. I may not agree with everything someone is engaged in, but I think it is a great thing to encourage children to be involved in our country and not to be another apathetic drone like most kids, teens, and young adults are.

Reactions: Fantine
Upvote 0

Fantine

Dona Quixote
Site Supporter
Jun 11, 2005
✟1,090,402.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
It appears that Nickelodeon is not advocating any of these positions, but rather showing that children are activists with strong political and social opinions.

To avoid the appearance of bias, it would have been good if they had children who supported the war and were pro-life on the show, too.

Children do not only think one way.

But I do know children who protest the war every week.

I also know children who have participated in the March for Life.

Upvote 0

PetertheRock

Mar 25, 2005
Falmouth Maine
✟4,316.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican

:(

Just sick.
I guess that's how liberals support the troops.

Meanwhile, Hollywood supports a dictator like Hugo Chavez who closes down opposition TV stations. I suppose they hope when Hillary becomes president that she will shut down Fox News and EWTN.

How disgusting.

Reactions: TwinCrier
Upvote 0

AMDG

Tenderized for Christ
May 24, 2004
Pacific Northwest, United States
✟47,022.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
The kids are only repeating what their parents have told them.

Stick with "Nick Jr."--Blue's Clues, Dora the Explorer, Go, Go, Diego, The Wonder Pets, and even the Backyardigans. When the stuff (like Sponge Bob Squarepants) for the older kids come on, watch something else (like the Hallmark Channel or TVLand). Then later in the evening either "Nick" (Fresh Prince, Full House, or my favorite Designing Women) or go to "TVLand" (Bonanza, or Gunsmoke or any of those older shows) or go for the meat and try EWTN (it's not just Mass and Rosary, my husband loves Fr. Pacwa discussing the encyclicals of the late Pope John Paul II and I like the news show, The World Over).

Yes, I live in a fairytale, where the world is nicer--but I like it (and it doesn't upset me as much)--come and join me.

Reactions: Wolseley
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

BAFRIEND

Feb 16, 2007
✟23,362.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private

That kid should try saying that to the kids at Ft Benning whose father's are putting their lives on the line. He would get his butt kicked.

Kids are more like parrots when it comes to deep political issues like these. What their signs are really saying is how stupid their parents are.

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
That kid should try saying that to the kids at Ft Benning whose father's are putting their lives on the line. He would get his butt kicked.

Kids are more like parrots when it comes to deep political issues like these. What their signs are really saying is how stupid their parents are.

People who have different opinions from you aren't stupid, BAFRIEND. I disagree with you on a lot of issues but you won't find me calling you stupid for having a different view. Please have some respect for your fellow man and refrain from arrogantly accusing others of stupidity for disagreeing with you.

Upvote 0

Maynard Keenan

Aug 21, 2004
Louisville, KY
✟20,085.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess that's how liberals support the troops.

Meanwhile, Hollywood supports a dictator like Hugo Chavez who closes down opposition TV stations. I suppose they hope when Hillary becomes president that she will shut down Fox News and EWTN.

1: I have seen no "hollywood" support for Chavez. Not sure where you're seeing it.

2: You have a ridiculously skewed view of liberals. We aren't bogeymen out to get you. We aren't trying to destroy freedom or democracy. We have a different philosophy on approaching issues. That is it. We fully believe in freedom of speech, freedom of press, etc. You have nothing you can use to back up your rantings about what "liberals" would do; you're just making things up.

3: There is no unified, monolithic point of view that is "the left." The Democratic party establishment is, at the moment, behind Hillary. The internet left doesn't support her at all. You consider us an adversary at best, possibly an enemy, so I understand your ease in lumping us all together under the negative stereotypes you have for us. But please, remember that we actually are just a bunch of individual Americans just like yourself. And just like yourself, we want our viewpoints represented in government. That is the way our system works.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Cosmic Charlie

The reports of my death are greatly exaggerated
Oct 14, 2003
✟67,421.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married

Fun with a declarative statement:

Torture is evil and if our soldiers are doing that then they're evil too.

Contraception is evil and if our soldirs are doing that then they're evil too.

Killing unarmed civilians is evil and if our soldiers are doing that then they're evil too.

Rape of a 14 year old and the murder of her and her family is evil and if our soldiers are doing that then they're evil too.

[SIZE=-1]Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness sake......

[/SIZE]I think getting your butt kicked at Ft. Benning qualifes a persecution, don't you ?

Oh, for the record I have a nephew (US Airborne) and four former Boy Scouts (2 Marines, 1 Navy frogman and member of an Army combat team in the sand) Not to mention the 3 Air force Nat guard guys (all over the age of 35) that have been away from home for 25 of the last 36 months.

So lets not come after me with any "You don't understand supporting the troops" stuff, ok ?

Upvote 0

JeffreyLloyd

Ave Maria, Gratia plena!
Site Supporter
Mar 5, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
✟75,991.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
1: I have seen no "hollywood" support for Chavez. Not sure where you're seeing it..

6fg4ish.jpg

Danny Glover, Hugo Chavez Ink $20 Million Movie Deal

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.