Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
I know that I am going to possibly tread on a few corns here, but I am having some difficulty with this in relation to what I see in the New Testament and in the role of the indwelling Holy Spirit. I don't see any reference at all to Seers in the New Testament. In all of Paul's teaching about prophecy in Romans and 1 Corinthians, he never mentions that role. John says that the anointing of the Holy Spirit abides in us and will teach us all things so that we will not have need for any man to teach us. This is balanced by Paul's description of the five fold ministries which includes pastors and teachers. So there is a teaching role in the Church, no doubt about it, but it does not involve direct personal guidance and it does not consist in one person being able to somehow "see" into the heart of another. Paul does mention the Word of Knowledge, but often that comes as information about another person to aid in intercessory prayer, and if it is appropriate to share that information with that other person, the gift of the Word of Wisdom is needed to share it in the right way and in the right place.

But the Word of Knowledge does not consist in "seeing" into that person's life so that the person is transparent to the person with the gift of the Word of Knowledge. For example, a pastor may get a word of knowledge that a brother is a problem with stealing, and needs to repent. He is not going to blurt that out in public and ruin that man's reputation because he loves him in the Lord, so he is going to intercede for the man and then ask the Lord to show him what to say to that brother. The Lord may reply by telling him to say how much the Lord values honesty in His children. This is where the brother's heart will be revealed and he might actually break down, confess his sin and get counselling and deliverance.

The gift of discerning of spirits may come the same way, information, then intercession, then wise and sensitive intervention. Also the gift reveals the beauty of a good spirit as well as an evil spirit.

Paul says in Ephesians that he prays that the Lord may give them the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowedge of Him. If that happens through the indwelling of the Holy Spirit then why the need for a human seer? Wouldn't going to a human seer instead of trusting the indwelling Holy Spirit be a lack of trust in God, of putting a human in the place of the Holy Spirit? Also, there is no support in Scripture for the Holy Spirit to lay open to all and sundry the inner lives and thoughts of people to a third person. Even in the case of Ananias and Saphira, their whole lives and the state of their hearts were not revealed to Peter. All the Spirit told him was that they lied to him about the amount they had put at the Apostle's feet. Paul had a discerning of spirits when he discerned that the servant girl was speaking the words of the demon that was in her.

This is not the same as a "seer" giving personal prophecies over people and peering into people's inner thoughts and attitudes. We are not told in details what the office of New Testament prophet entails. We get a clue from Agabus in Acts, but there is no comprehensive user manual for the role. But I am sure that it is a role for giving prophetic words to the whole Church in order to show God's heart and attitude to the people. I am not sure whether this role exists these days in our seriously divided Church. I think it is more that a member of a church operates the gift of prophecy as described in 1 Corinthians 12 and 14 for the building up, comfort and exhortation of believers in a Christian service.

So, I don't really know what my conclusion should be. My view, when I have an "amber light" in my spirit about something, I give it a poke with a very long barge pole, ready to run away if it turns to bite me. And I have, not a red light, nor a green light, but definitely an amber light concerning the Seer role in our modern church.

• Informative
Reactions: lamb7

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Could you just post which person claims to be the sheer instead of beating around the bush, you should not be afraid of being guilty for questioning that, its our absolute RIGHTS.
I decline because of privacy reasons. I have yet to do more research on the role of Seer, because God is in the habit of doing the unexpected, so I want to respect the privacy of any I know who says they have that role in the church.

Upvote 0

Another Lazarus

Old Newbie
Sep 19, 2013
✟49,808.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This is not the same as a "seer" giving personal prophecies over people and peering into people's inner thoughts and attitudes.
I know some people at churches acting like a "seer" who can look into people's life and give prophecy about the future of people and of the world. they actually work with the spirit of the devil.

Acts 16:16 Once when we were going to the place of prayer, we were met by a female slave who had a spirit by which she predicted the future. She earned a great deal of money for her owners by fortune-telling.

You cannot use Holy Spirit to reveal somebody to you.

If you do not rebuke those people who else will ?

• Informative
Reactions: lamb7
Upvote 0

Original Happy Camper

One of GODS Children I am a historicist
Site Supporter
Mar 19, 2016
Alabama
✟486,806.00
Country
United States
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Married
1 Corinthians 12:8-10King James Version (KJV)
8 For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom; to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit;

9 To another faith by the same Spirit; to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit;

10 To another the working of miracles; to another prophecy; to another discerning of spirits; to another divers kinds of tongues; to another the interpretation of tongues:

1 Samuel 9:9
(Beforetime in Israel, when a man went to enquire of God, thus he spake, Come, and let us go to the seer: for he that is now called a Prophet was beforetime called a Seer.)

1 Samuel 9:19
And Samuel answered Saul, and said, I am the seer: go up before me unto the high place; for ye shall eat with me to day, and to morrow I will let thee go, and will tell thee all that is in thine heart.

So test the seer according to the Scriptures
Isaiah 8:20
To the law and to the testimony: if they speak not according to this word, it is because there is no light in them.

A true prophet of God will meet all the Biblical criteria, which can be summarized as follows:

1. A true prophet's message will be in complete harmony with the word of God and the law of God.
2. A true prophet's predictions must come to pass.
3. A true prophet prophesies to edify the Church, counseling and advising in religious matters.
4. A true prophet will exalt Christ as the Son of God and the Saviour of humankind.
5. The true prophet will speak with authority (Matthew 7:29).
6. The true prophet will bear good fruit.
7. The true prophet, when in vision, will exhibit physical signs.

These signs cannot be readily counterfeited. In fact, modern so-called visionaries tend to fall down with their eyes closed, and they have breath in them, because only God can sustain life without breath.
Testing the Prophets

Upvote 0

Sanoy

Apr 27, 2017
America
✟118,024.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I get impressions of people, what they are about sort of leaves a wake. I experience it much like synesthesia, in fact I think synesthesia is a function God put in place for us to experience non natural things in a natural way we can understand. I have never experienced direct knowledge though. All you get are a few dots of impressions and glimpses and then you have to draw the line through the dots to form an understanding. Whatever is going on with me just does not work in anyway that could lead to reading someones memory.

Driscoll of mars hill claimed he could, but he is pretty sketchy given a recent string of incidents...not to mention mars hill. From what I have read of exorcisims demons can.

Upvote 0

Man on Fire

Jan 6, 2016
Durham, NC
✟19,338.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I was 29 years old. I received a Prophetic Calling. Over a few months, I was in training through the Holy Ghost, and I became a Seer.

The New Testament Prophet isn't much different from an Old Testament Prophet. They share the same character and cannot contradict each other.

I like Kingdom Watcher. The free material there helped mentor me as to what I was supposed to do. I found that I fit into the mold and character naturally.

Prophets

The prophets are often perceived to be people who could predict the future, but this is a distortion of their true role. The prophets were called to act as intermediaries between the spiritual and physical worlds for people who could not see. Jeremiah said that prophets see in the spiritual realms and convey to the people what they are seeing.

But if they had stood in my council,
they would have proclaimed my words to my people
and would have turned them from their evil ways
and from their evil deeds (Jer 33:22).
The false prophets spoke for their own minds. The prophets could see into the spiritual realms and they explained to the people what they saw.

Ezekiel had an amazing vision at the beginning of his ministry. He saw wheels moving in unison.

When the living creatures moved, the wheels beside them moved; and when the living creatures rose from the ground, the wheels also rose. Wherever the spirit would go, they would go, and the wheels would rise along with them, because the spirit of the living creatures was in the wheels (Ez 1:19-20).Spiritual Realms

A Prophet sees into the spiritual. It is more than just looking into hearts. What is happening in terms of the Principalities and how do people best engage in spiritual warfare? A Prophet may have the answers for that through the Holy Ghost.

Reactions: Kdutree
Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Two Streams of the Prophetic - An Analogy

The Nile is truly one of the great rivers of the world. Including its tributaries, the Nile is also the longest river in the world, running over 4,100 miles from its beginning in the heart of the African continent to its mouth in Egypt, where it flows into the Mediterranean Sea. For thousands of years, the waters of the Nile have sustained the lives of those who dwell along its banks and on its flood plain. Few other rivers have been as vital to the rise or fall of human culture and civilization along their banks as has the Nile.

As mighty as the Nile is, however, it begins its life as two rivers, rather than one. The White Nile flows from Lake Victoria in Tanzania, and the Blue Nile, from Lake Tana in Ethiopia. These two watercourses come together in Khartoum, in the Sudan, to form the Egyptian Nile, which then runs over 1,600 miles northward on its way to the sea. Two separate streams, each strong and significant in its own right, join together with each adding its strength to the other to form one mighty river that nurtures and sustains life along its entire course.

In the spiritual realm, the flow of the prophetic from Heaven to earth resembles the Nile River. Just as the White Nile and the Blue Nile join to create the greater river, two streams of prophetic anointing come together to feed the greater concourse of the mighty prophetic river of God on earth. We can call these two streams the stream of the prophet and the stream of the seer.

Another way to look at this is to turn it around and think of a great prophetic river flowing from the throne of God that breaks into two streams - the prophet and the seer - which then give different degrees or dimensions or facets of prophetic impartation. Either way, it should be clear that both streams are important for the full expression of the Lord's prophetic word to His people in our day.

What is the difference between a prophet and a seer? For now, let us say that all true seers are prophets, but not all prophets are seers.

The Operation of the Seer Anointing

Within the overall realm of the prophet lies the particular and distinctive realm of the Seer. The word "seer" describes a particular type of prophet who receives a particular type of prophetic revelation or impartation.

The Old Testament uses two words primarily to refer to a seer: ra'ah and chozeh. Ra'ah literally means "to see," particularly in the sense of seeing visions. Other meanings include to "gaze," to "look upon," and to "perceive." Chozeh literally means "a beholder in vision" and can also be translated as "gazer" or "stargazer."

With these definitions now in place, the distinction between a prophet (nabiy') and a seer (ra'ah or chozeh) becomes a little clearer. When it comes to prophetic revelation, a prophet is primarily an inspired hearer and then speaker, while a seer is primarily visual. In other words, the prophet is the communicative dimension and the seer is the receptive dimension. Whereas nabiy emphasizes the active work of the prophet in speaking forth a message from God, ra'ah and chozeh focus on the experience or means by which the prophet "sees or perceives" that message.

The first lays emphasis on a prophet's relationship with the people; the other, on their revelatory relationship with God.

The Power of the Seer Anointing

Everyone needs a vision to sustain them in life.

Proverbs 29:18 states, "Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained, but happy is he who keeps the law." This verse in the New International Version reads: "Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; but blessed is he who keeps the law." Some other translations, such as the New Revised Standard Version, use the word "prophecy" instead of "vision" or "revelation." The point is clear: without prophecy, without divine revelation or vision, people will cast off all restraint. They will run wild because they have no guidance - no vision. The Word of God - His law - provides vision and guidance for living, and those who follow it are blessed.

As Christians, we are called to be a people of vision. We must learn to set a goal or target in front of our eyes to gaze upon. It is only when we aim at something that we have any chance of hitting it! The apostle Paul set his sights on knowing Christ, which he acknowledged was a lifelong process:

Philippians 3:13-15a
"13 Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude."

Like Paul, we need to be a people of vision. Let us set our sights on the Lord and aim at His goals. The seer will move your heart and stir up your hunger for intimacy with God, because "the seer's goal is to reveal the man Christ Jesus!"

A Change in Seasons - Here Come The Seers!

What is the purpose of the Seer? Like all true seers of old, we must reach high. We must look heavenward. We must think otherly. We must passionately pursue the God of visitation. For years, the Church at large has struggled just to believe and teach that God speaks today. But now, the Church is beginning to grasp the many ways God speaks, including how he speaks to the SEER.

Formerly considered "strange," the SEER anointing is becoming known as much more mainstream in the Church today. And that's good news for you. I can hear many of you saying, "Finally, they'll know I'm not crazy...in fact, I'll know I'm not crazy!"

Times are changing! The seers are being restored to their place of insight, counsel, and the word of the Lord! Here come the Seers!

If there are true seers today, and there surely are, then we must have our aim and focus clear. We must see Jesus! In all our seeing - let's be like John the beloved. Let's get in the Spirit and release the true prophetic spirit by revealing a testimony of Jesus (Revelation 19:10). He is the one I long to see. He is the one for whom my heart yearns and pants. He is the goal and prize of my life.

In all our seeing - let us see and reveal the man Christ Jesus!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Kdutree

Dec 29, 2017
McDonough
✟18,516.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Divorced
Two Streams of the Prophetic - An Analogy

The Nile is truly one of the great rivers of the world. Including its tributaries, the Nile is also the longest river in the world, running over 4,100 miles from its beginning in the heart of the African continent to its mouth in Egypt, where it flows into the Mediterranean Sea. For thousands of years, the waters of the Nile have sustained the lives of those who dwell along its banks and on its flood plain. Few other rivers have been as vital to the rise or fall of human culture and civilization along their banks as has the Nile.

As mighty as the Nile is, however, it begins its life as two rivers, rather than one. The White Nile flows from Lake Victoria in Tanzania, and the Blue Nile, from Lake Tana in Ethiopia. These two watercourses come together in Khartoum, in the Sudan, to form the Egyptian Nile, which then runs over 1,600 miles northward on its way to the sea. Two separate streams, each strong and significant in its own right, join together with each adding its strength to the other to form one mighty river that nurtures and sustains life along its entire course.

In the spiritual realm, the flow of the prophetic from Heaven to earth resembles the Nile River. Just as the White Nile and the Blue Nile join to create the greater river, two streams of prophetic anointing come together to feed the greater concourse of the mighty prophetic river of God on earth. We can call these two streams the stream of the prophet and the stream of the seer.

Another way to look at this is to turn it around and think of a great prophetic river flowing from the throne of God that breaks into two streams - the prophet and the seer - which then give different degrees or dimensions or facets of prophetic impartation. Either way, it should be clear that both streams are important for the full expression of the Lord's prophetic word to His people in our day.

What is the difference between a prophet and a seer? For now, let us say that all true seers are prophets, but not all prophets are seers.

The Operation of the Seer Anointing

Within the overall realm of the prophet lies the particular and distinctive realm of the Seer. The word "seer" describes a particular type of prophet who receives a particular type of prophetic revelation or impartation.

The Old Testament uses two words primarily to refer to a seer: ra'ah and chozeh. Ra'ah literally means "to see," particularly in the sense of seeing visions. Other meanings include to "gaze," to "look upon," and to "perceive." Chozeh literally means "a beholder in vision" and can also be translated as "gazer" or "stargazer."

With these definitions now in place, the distinction between a prophet (nabiy') and a seer (ra'ah or chozeh) becomes a little clearer. When it comes to prophetic revelation, a prophet is primarily an inspired hearer and then speaker, while a seer is primarily visual. In other words, the prophet is the communicative dimension and the seer is the receptive dimension. Whereas nabiy emphasizes the active work of the prophet in speaking forth a message from God, ra'ah and chozeh focus on the experience or means by which the prophet "sees or perceives" that message.

The first lays emphasis on a prophet's relationship with the people; the other, on their revelatory relationship with God.

The Power of the Seer Anointing

Everyone needs a vision to sustain them in life.

Proverbs 29:18 states, "Where there is no vision, the people are unrestrained, but happy is he who keeps the law." This verse in the New International Version reads: "Where there is no revelation, the people cast off restraint; but blessed is he who keeps the law." Some other translations, such as the New Revised Standard Version, use the word "prophecy" instead of "vision" or "revelation." The point is clear: without prophecy, without divine revelation or vision, people will cast off all restraint. They will run wild because they have no guidance - no vision. The Word of God - His law - provides vision and guidance for living, and those who follow it are blessed.

As Christians, we are called to be a people of vision. We must learn to set a goal or target in front of our eyes to gaze upon. It is only when we aim at something that we have any chance of hitting it! The apostle Paul set his sights on knowing Christ, which he acknowledged was a lifelong process:

Philippians 3:13-15a
"13 Brethren, I do not regard myself as having laid hold of it yet; but one thing I do: forgetting what lies behind and reaching forward to what lies ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal for the prize of the upward call of God in Christ Jesus. 15 Let us therefore, as many as are perfect, have this attitude."

Like Paul, we need to be a people of vision. Let us set our sights on the Lord and aim at His goals. The seer will move your heart and stir up your hunger for intimacy with God, because "the seer's goal is to reveal the man Christ Jesus!"

A Change in Seasons - Here Come The Seers!

What is the purpose of the Seer? Like all true seers of old, we must reach high. We must look heavenward. We must think otherly. We must passionately pursue the God of visitation. For years, the Church at large has struggled just to believe and teach that God speaks today. But now, the Church is beginning to grasp the many ways God speaks, including how he speaks to the SEER.

Formerly considered "strange," the SEER anointing is becoming known as much more mainstream in the Church today. And that's good news for you. I can hear many of you saying, "Finally, they'll know I'm not crazy...in fact, I'll know I'm not crazy!"

Times are changing! The seers are being restored to their place of insight, counsel, and the word of the Lord! Here come the Seers!

If there are true seers today, and there surely are, then we must have our aim and focus clear. We must see Jesus! In all our seeing - let's be like John the beloved. Let's get in the Spirit and release the true prophetic spirit by revealing a testimony of Jesus (Revelation 19:10). He is the one I long to see. He is the one for whom my heart yearns and pants. He is the goal and prize of my life.

In all our seeing - let us see and reveal the man Christ Jesus!

God Bless You!!! This blessed me so! What a wonderful break down...so clear. What a blessing:)

Reactions: Denadii
Upvote 0

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
MOD HAT ON

This Thread Has Been Moved to SIGN GIFTS

231058_ae34cf80d551c8320b3af617454a6170.jpg

We are moving this thread to a section where it is a better fit.

Please continue the discussion here, thank you.​

Upvote 0

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
John says that the anointing of the Holy Spirit abides in us and will teach us all things so that we will not have need for any man to teach us.

Fiddle Faddle, LoL! Oscarr, you are fouling up the use of this verse terribly! It is precisely because they HAD the gifts in operation through which the Spirit was communicating to them His teachings that they had no need that any man to teach them! :doh:
But the Word of Knowledge does not consist in "seeing" into that person's life so that the person is transparent to the person with the gift of the Word of Knowledge. For example, a pastor may get a word of knowledge that a brother is a problem with stealing, and needs to repent. He is not going to blurt that out in public and ruin that man's reputation because he loves him in the Lord, so he is going to intercede for the man and then ask the Lord to show him what to say to that brother.

Ok now, let's deal with specific passages again then. I don't recall getting a clear answer about the brother in 1 Corinthians 5:1-5. Was he a brother or not? If he was a brother then he was very clearly getting exposed for his sins, and publicly. Not only was Paul exposing him through the letter but also advising that the entire congregation do so when the Spirit of God was present, so that this brother might be publicly excommunicated by the Spirit of God Himself, not man.

Nor is this position consistent with modern practice. I've heard accounts of a preacher stopping right in the middle of a sermon and calling out a brother and sister unknown to him who were sitting in the audience for committing adultery. The end-result was that this "seer" experience led to great public repentance, not just of those two but of their spouses as well since the man stood up and confessed that the couples had been wife-swapping for years.
This is not the same as a "seer" giving personal prophecies over people and peering into people's inner thoughts and attitudes.

Oscarr, I interpret dreams and visions on a continual basis, and nearly ALL of them peer into people's inner thoughts and attitudes. That's why it ministers! :doh:It's pastoral ministry! Just exactly what planet are you living on, LoL!

I hope it's this one :eartheurafr:, cuz that's where the rest of us are living, LoL. I love you man, but you are off your hinges on this subject. Ha Ha!

• Haha
Reactions: FIRESTORM314
Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
How ca
Fiddle Faddle, LoL! Oscarr, you are fouling up the use of this verse terribly! It is precisely because they HAD the gifts in operation through which the Spirit was communicating to them His teachings that they had no need that any man to teach them! :doh:

Ok now, let's deal with specific passages again then. I don't recall getting a clear answer about the brother in 1 Corinthians 5:1-5. Was he a brother or not? If he was a brother then he was very clearly getting exposed for his sins, and publicly. Not only was Paul exposing him through the letter but also advising that the entire congregation do so when the Spirit of God was present, so that this brother might be publicly excommunicated by the Spirit of God Himself, not man.

Nor is this position consistent with modern practice. I've heard accounts of a preacher stopping right in the middle of a sermon and calling out a brother and sister unknown to him who were sitting in the audience for committing adultery. The end-result was that this "seer" experience led to great public repentance, not just of those two but of their spouses as well since the man stood up and confessed that the couples had been wife-swapping for years.

Oscarr, I interpret dreams and visions on a continual basis, and nearly ALL of them peer into people's inner thoughts and attitudes. That's why it ministers! :doh:It's pastoral ministry! Just exactly what planet are you living on, LoL!

I hope it's this one :eartheurafr:, cuz that's where the rest of us are living, LoL. I love you man, but you are off your hinges on this subject. Ha Ha!

How can I argue with that? I need to do a bit of reading about modern prophetic seers. I am a bit careful about the term "seer" because it is also the word describing certain types of occult psychics.

Now, before you jump off the trolley!!!! I am not saying your gift is any way allied to the occult!!!! Get that blood pressure down!!! Hahahahahaha!

It might be helpful for me if you could give me a list of titles and authors that explain the ministry of seer from the New Testament and modern sound prophetic ministry.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Hidden In Him

Site Supporter
Jan 7, 2017
Lafayette, LA
✟544,986.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
It might be helpful for me if you could give me a list of titles and authors that explain the ministry of seer from the New Testament and modern sound prophetic ministry.

That would help me too, LoL. If you find a good list, I want a copy myself! :oldthumbsup:
Now, before you jump off the trolley!!!! I am not saying your gift is any way allied to the occult!!!! Get that blood pressure down!!! Hahahahahaha!

A Ha Ha! I'm cool, so don't worry. :cool:

But about my gift, there are some Youtube videos out there, and a few authors have written books. But not much of it is very authoritative in my opinion, and most of it is highly misleading and relies on mechanical methods rather than the Spirit. I think it's that way with ALL the gifts to some extent right now. There's so much abuse and so few that operate in them with real authority that one is often very hard-pressed to find anything highly accurate on any of them. I think prophecy is more common and more widely written about, but even then most of those who refer to themselves as prophets don't strike me as actually being ones.

Seers I have little knowledge of, nor does the NT appear to say much about it (my opinion, however, and I'm not a seer so I wouldn't know). But then almost NOTHING is said about dream and vision interpretation in the NT either. What am I left to do? STOP operating in my gift simply because the NT doesn't talk about it much? It ministers to too many people, and directly in a way that takes far less hours than pastoral counseling because the Spirit of God goes STRAIGHT to a matter at hand, with no need for dilly-dallying and socializing first.

I respect your stressing the importance of seeking NT support, but I found a long time ago that even the NT itself cannot be interpreted properly without going to outside sources (LXX, Josephus, the Pseudigrapha, etc), so I'm fully comfortable with the NT not discussing everything, especially the operation of all the numerous gifts of the Spirit. Regarding most of them it mentions them only in passing, nor does the NT even list all of them in my opinion, so too heavy a reliance upon "Biblical support" becomes a detriment to walking in the truth if one gets too strict about it.

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

That was not a very pastoral response..Not very loving either....
Oscar is right though...The scripture does say that....Read 1 John 2:25-30 He may have used it wrongly in that it only vaguely applies to a seer or a prophet....but why slap at him?

Reactions: Emli
Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
How ca

How can I argue with that? I need to do a bit of reading about modern prophetic seers. I am a bit careful about the term "seer" because it is also the word describing certain types of occult psychics.

Oscar, the only difference between a seer and a clarvoyant is the source, and intent. If you get your seeing from a demonic source all you are doing is spreading death....That is the occult counterfeit of the real gift of a seer. And yes...You are wise to know the difference.

Aslo...any seer who does not walk in Love is in danger of being sucked into the wrong source. So check what you are told by a seer or a prophet against the Word...It has to line up with the Word ALWAYS

Upvote 0

Presbyterian Continuist

Senior Veteran
Site Supporter
Mar 28, 2005
Christchurch New Zealand
Visit site
✟831,104.00
Country
New Zealand
Faith
Charismatic
Marital Status
Married
Oscar, the only difference between a seer and a clarvoyant is the source, and intent. If you get your seeing from a demonic source all you are doing is spreading death....That is the occult counterfeit of the real gift of a seer. And yes...You are wise to know the difference.

Aslo...any seer who does not walk in Love is in danger of being sucked into the wrong source. So check what you are told by a seer or a prophet against the Word...It has to line up with the Word ALWAYS
I agree. The difference between a clarvoyant "seer" and a New Testament prophetic seer is that the former points people away from Christ and the latter increases a believer's faith in Christ. No one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit, so if a prophetic seer shares something that causes a believer to enhance their experience with God and draw them closer to Christ, then it cannot be anything else but the Holy Spirit, even if the method of conveying the word might be unusual or not expressly stated in Scripture. The fact that it draws a person closer to Christ makes it in harmony with Scripture in that the Scripture is written to do exactly the same thing.

Upvote 0

Denadii

Aug 27, 2017
Western
✟31,027.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I agree. The difference between a clarvoyant "seer" and a New Testament prophetic seer is that the former points people away from Christ and the latter increases a believer's faith in Christ. No one can say that Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit, so if a prophetic seer shares something that causes a believer to enhance their experience with God and draw them closer to Christ, then it cannot be anything else but the Holy Spirit, even if the method of conveying the word might be unusual or not expressly stated in Scripture. The fact that it draws a person closer to Christ makes it in harmony with Scripture in that the Scripture is written to do exactly the same thing.
True but....Even so....You want to find scripture that backs it up. A seers seeing will never contradict the Word.. New Covenant or Old. Yes? And it always is based on and in Love.

Upvote 0