• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.

Discussion of Mat 5:17-18

Discussion in 'Sabbath and The Law' started by ace of hearts, Feb 19, 2019.

1. ace of hearts

ace of hearts Well-Known Member

+1,145
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Still no response to anything I said in post 10.

2. BobRyan

BobRyan Junior Member

+3,073
    United States
    SDA
    Married
    So far that is your response to every post dealing with Matthew 5 and Christ's statement about fulfill.

How "instructive" for the unbiased objective readers.

Your tactic of taking every inconvenient detail in Matthew 5 where Christ said he fulfilled the law and "responding that it is off topic" if it points out any flaw in one of your preferences -- is going to make this a short thread.

3. ace of hearts

+1,145
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Bob the thread is about Mat 5:17-18. So when you say how instructive my posts are about your off topic parts of your post has no validity.

So would you care to address the OP? I'm not going down your rabbit trail derailment.

4. ace of hearts

+1,145
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Thanks for your Scripture quote.

Now what does anything after verse 18 have to do with with verses 17 and 18? You didn't say.
    All of which is off topic. Now you're going to say I won't discuss what you said. That would be incorrect because it's already been done in your threads. This thread has nothing to do with verses 19-32 that you want to discuss.
    I don't see how you get that from your discussion because your discussion is about us. Besides I never made the point nor implied Jesus came to destroy the law.
    Off topic. We've discussed this in other threads.
    Off topic again. The thread is about Mat 5:17-18, not us. Nothing in the OP is about how the law affects us.
    Off topic. There's no threat found in Mat 5:17-18. The passage is about Jesus and what He did or didn't do.
    I gathered that is what you already said. I agree that Jesus didn't abolish the 4th commandment. But it's clear to my you either refuse to accept what Jesus actually accomplished or wish to derail the thread talking about us. Maybe your purpose is both.
    You're off topic again. But while I'm here our righteousness doesn't come from the law -

Rom 3:21 But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets;

Rom 3:28 Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.

This isn't an invitation to derail the thread.
    This is also off topic. The thread is about Mat 5:17-18.
    So why haven't you responded to the Scriptures I posted? Do they disappear by ignoring them. It appears you think they do. I understand your undivided agenda.
    You've yet to prove God's Word disagrees with me.
    I didn't ask about Sunday in the OP. So you're still off topic.

This post completes my response to your complete post.

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019
  5. ace of hearts

+1,145
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    Yes Jesus kept what you call shadow laws. Jesus also kept the rest of the laws applicable to a male Jew like He said in Lk 24:44 referencing Mat 5:17-18.

The subject of the thread isn't about what the law does or doesn't do. So you're off topic.
    What has this got to do with the above verse? I've no idea why you think an individual needs to understand the OT for salvation. You've never to my recollection shown how this affects accepting Jesus as Savior. When the subject comes up in the Scripture there's nothing that requires this in any way.

The above isn't an invitation to derail the thread further. I'm being polite to you by the above.
    How are you connecting this to Mat 5:17-18? Isn't what you're attempting to do is do away with part of the law? What does verse 18 say about that? I read no jots or tittles that you seem to disagree with.
    No problem. You're attempting to prove Christians are obligated to the law which isn't the subject of the thread.