✟20,644.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey everybody,

I was thinking about having a bible study club. We can do it once a week and the subjects depends on what the majority wants. Each week at the beginning we will all suggest different issues; for example concerning a certain verse, how important forgiving is or questions. We will chose together which issue to adress or which beautiful matter to emphasize. On a Saturday we will bring up the issue again and discuss it with biblical verses. I hope we can benefit from eachother views on things and our understanding of scripture. It doesn't matter if you are a protestant, catholic or whatever church you follow.

God willing we will be able to learn a lot from eachother.

Naexx

Dec 9, 2017
amsterdam
✟20,644.00
Country
Netherlands
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Upvote 0

Kristen Davis

Dec 9, 2017
Alpharetta
✟11,497.00
Country
Georgia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Hey everybody,

I was thinking about having a bible study club. We can do it once a week and the subjects depends on what the majority wants. Each week at the beginning we will all suggest different issues; for example concerning a certain verse, how important forgiving is or questions. We will chose together which issue to adress or which beautiful matter to emphasize. On a Saturday we will bring up the issue again and discuss it with biblical verses. I hope we can benefit from eachother views on things and our understanding of scripture. It doesn't matter if you are a protestant, catholic or whatever church you follow.

God willing we will be able to learn a lot from eachother.
I'd love to and I'll get the word out!

Upvote 0

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There are so many lessons throughout the Bible, I suppose believers wonder what verse or chapter would be suitable. Of course there is some danger too of taking a verse out of context in applications and that would likely end up with debates ---not so good! There have been several attempts at having studies here on CF, and they don't go far.

Maybe just some principles to talk about might be good ---love for others; honor to God; finding happiness in life; being a good witness for God; etc.

Bible studies should first begin with an overview like understanding the differences between the OT and NT, I believe, to learn what God is saying to mankind; then begin to see the various lessons within each. I find the only way a Bible study can be of value, is for each individual to take a Bible study course, and there is a good Bible overview called WOTS (Word Of Truth Study) at the site: biblecounsel.net on the Internet which is free, and there is some guidance. A look at principles of God, learning what the Bible is truly about, and our individual place in the overall scene as Christians, seems to be the most profitable. Just a thought!

Upvote 0