m
✟7,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Hi. I've been reading through some books on discipleship that recommend having some sort of mentor or accountability partner, especially as one moves toward being in leadership type roles. I was wondering if perhaps somebody here might like to try something of that nature with me for a couple of months and see how it goes. Preferably someone of the same gender as me (female). I realize that it would be more ideal to have someone I could meet with in real life, but that isn't an option for me at this point.

Chips

Sep 18, 2005
m
✟7,432.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
More importantly will be someone of the same theology.

You might want to start there.

Fair enough. I go to a non-denominational Christian church. I believe that Jesus is God, that He died for our sins and rose again and is coming back again someday. I believe that we can have a personal relationship with Him. I believe that the Holy Spirit is real, that the Bible is God's Word, and that Christians should live in a way that brings glory to our Father.

What type of leadership roles are you referring to? What do you want this partner to do?

I guess any type of leadership one might end up being asked to do in a church context - could be leading a youth group, or being in charge of a committee, etc. I would be looking for someone who would be available to check in with via private message once every week or two and basically go through a list of questions about how things are going.

• Friendly
Reactions: vinsight4u
Upvote 0