• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.

Discernment concerning Christian YouTubers

Discussion in 'Traditional Theology' started by boxman144, Mar 20, 2020.

1. boxman144

boxman144 Member

+157
    Canada
    Christian
    Single
    Hey all, Jesus guides.

So I had some questions regarding some YouTubers? These YouTubers to be exact.

Warningthepeople
    Disciple Robert
    Hated Apostle Cooper
    Collin Michael
    Tim Conway
    thepostnihilist

Can you discern about their teachings? How do I know who is and who isn't telling the truth? I'm not well versed enough with the Bible to see for myself(I am trying). I also have a couple other questions. Feel free to answer with your take, but please quote Scripture.

>How do I become completely sin-less?

>What is your take on 1 John 2:15?

>How do I avoid pleasing the flesh?

>How do I deny myself?

>How can I please God?

>How can I not worry about Hell?

>How can I avoid Hell?

>How can I boost my prayer life?

>How does the Holy Spirit come to you?

> Is the Lord's Name Yeshua, Yeshawa, Yahweh, Yahshua, Yeshua Hamashiach, Rabbi, or Jesus?

> How can I turn my friends and family from a life of sin? (I really need answers on this one, the thought of my best friends and family being tortured in Hell for all eternity with no rest is one of my biggest worries.)

I seem to have given you guys a lot of questions. My apologies for that, do not feel pressured to respond instantly, and you definitely don't have to answer all of them. Any answers would be deeply appreciated and studied upon.

In Jesus Christ name,

boxman144

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. createdtoworship

createdtoworship In the grip of grace

+1,703
    United States
    Non-Denom
    Married
    There are a lot of teachings out there on the internet. Some good and some bad. But the most I have ever learned was from reading through the scripture verse by verse in my daily walk. I am on my fourth time through the Bible. 20 years ago I read through 2X, then I quite. Then last year I started again, and this year and I on my 4th time through. I desire to never stop. But you can use the you version bible app and it will allow you to read through in a year. It's best to start at beginning of year for mental reasons, that way you are on a schedule at that point, which keeps you further accountable. I have over 15,000 books and I do watch some you tube channels. But I don't typically use external resources other than God's word. But having said that, I typically like watching testimonies of younger people. There is a you tube channel, that is not real popular, but I love it, and watch it all the time. But these are all people I met on twitter. There is a huge christian following on there. Twitter is pretty good about sending you stuff that you like. I started blocking all political people I was following and following only on fire christians. I realized that theology is not as important as learning to love well. Theology will be corrected as you read the scripture regularly in your life. I also recommend a few good commentaries to help interpret difficult passages. Halley's Bible handbook, I used my first two times through the Bible. And another commentary I love is the Bible Knowledge Commentary from walvwoord and zuck. But other expositional commentaries through the Bible are also good. But with those two little aides, you should be well on your way to finding out all the information you list above.

before you do anything start reading regularly through the Bible, I use you version Bible app for that.
    secondly, get a twitter account and follow some or all of these people for a blessed time line:

(the first guy you list, didn't believe in the inspiration of the Bible and he was partly correct the english translations are not Holy Bibles, only the original Bible was Holy. And that does not exist, so I believe God has preserved His word through the generations and the more literal a translation you have the more accurate to the Holy version you are. I hope that makes sense. So only the original hebrew and greek primary documents are inspired, the copies and translations into other languages are not, So I only watched the first video of his you tube channel, (warning the people), the next two you tube channels seemed ok, but I only listened to five or ten minutes of their first video's. But you can usually see if someone is teaching by the Holy Spirit or not. But I don't endorse human beings, we are all fallible and no one is perfect so it's important to do your own studies.

Like I said I really invest into the younger generation on twitter, I see a zeal and a fire and a love that I had lost decades ago, so in trying to reignite my passion I followed several of them, here they are (at the bottom is a video from a youtube channel I subscribe to, very good stuff)
    Twitter people I follow:
    Grayson Bearden (@GraysonBearden) | Twitter
    Michael Perrotti (@pike_merrotti) | Twitter
    Rylee Praytor (@rcpraytor) | Twitter
    coffeewithrach (@coffeewithrach) | Twitter
    Micah Davis (@micahidavis) | Twitter
    ally yarid (@allyyarid) | Twitter
    Ian Rinken (@Ian_Rinken) | Twitter
    Elizabeth Louise Faddis (@elfaddis) | Twitter
    Yvonne (@lovey_doveyy) | Twitter
    Shane Pruitt (@shane_pruitt78) | Twitter
    Nadia Louise Thomas (@nadialthomas) | Twitter
    Michala (@Michalawhite_) | Twitter

3. Aussie Pete

Aussie Pete Well-Known Member Supporter

+3,907
    Australia
    Non-Denom
    Divorced

4. Carl Emerson

Carl Emerson Well-Known Member

+3,397
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Gidday pilgrim...

There is no shortcut to revelation.

Relationship first and wisdom will come.

The previous poster got it right.

Commune with Him in the Word.

Think years not months.

Pray wisely.

Pray to have an anguish in your spirit if you stray from His best.

Pray daily not to fall into deception.

I prayed this prayer for years...

Lord give me this day the desires to do your will and the grace to be obedient.

5. gospels

gospels Christ my breath. ⚡ Christ my music. ⚡ Supporter

+1,526
    India
    Christian
    Single

All that by abiding in Jesus alone.

John 15:5 - I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing.

How does abiding in Jesus look like?

Being grateful to God, intentional and active prayer life, meditating/reading God's word regularly, earnest desire to seek and follow God, hunger/thirst to know and hear Him, submission and obedience to His word, always trusting and leaning on Him.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
  6. fwGod

fwGod Well-Known Member

+414
    United States
    Christian
    Private
    If I took the time to listen to them but I'm not going to do that research. But "hated apostle cooper" sounds like a definite "no".. "do not listen to him."

When I googled Tim Conway, all that I got was the tv comedian.
    Every Christian needs to get familiar with the scriptures and hopefully be attending a church that isn't preaching in error. That way it's easier to spot error.
    Jesus said, "My sheep hear My voice and the voice of a stranger they will not follow."

Check what they say with scripture.
    That is usually what people rely on. That their audience doesn't know very much about the truth. Such are a cinch to deceive.

Always check what they say with scripture.
    The word 'become' is to imply 'a not yet but will be'. The way to become born again (John 3:7; 1 Peter 1:23; John 1:12) in Christ is to be made new inwardly (2 Corinthians 5:17) in righteousness and holiness (Ephesians 4:24), however the mind and body are not born again. They remain as they were before you got saved. The Christian life is a process of growing spiritually (1 Peter 2:2; Romans 7:22), The soul is to be renewed in thinking patterns (Romans 12:2), and the body is to be disciplined, behaviors and habits subdued (Romans 8:13; Romans 7:5; James 4:7), which will reflect through your soul and body in character and integrity (Ephesians 4:13)

There is no scripture to indicate that the believer while on earth and in their flesh will ever be completely, totally sinless. It is only achieved when we get our glorified bodies at the rapture. Until then the apostle John says in 1 John 1:8 "If we say that we have no sin we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us." Therefore, when we sin we are to confess our sins in order to get cleansed of all unrighteousness. (1 John 2:1; 1 John 1:9)
    The love of the Father is exclusive. All love goes to the Father therefore no love is available for any things that are in the world.

That does not mean that you don't live in a home, or have a car, or wear clothes, or eat food. But it means that your interests should be minor and attention span should be short regarding all that's in the world.

After time with God, interest in news.. minor.. attention span in entertainment.. short. Put your attention on God even during them with prayers regarding people in the news and those featured in entertainment.
    Get your inner strength from God's word; reading, daily confessing, praying, fasting. In Matt.4 Jesus said that God's word is food, and He demonstrated God's word to be for strengthening the innerman to resist temptations.
    That is a statement that can cover a lot. Jesus said, "Deny yourself, take up your cross and follow ME."

What does Jesus mean exactly? Does He mean 'crucify the flesh'? As in 'put to death the deeds of the body that you may live'.
    Does He mean 'love not yourself but love others', doing as Jesus did while on the cross (confess scripture) and say 'Father forgive them for they know not what they do'.

In training your mind and flesh to be disciplined to obey you (the born again new creature in Christ).
    James, chapt 3 taught.. that the tongue (what words you say in confession of pertinent scriptures) is the rudder on a large ship that governs the direction it will go. The rider on a horse uses the reigns with bit in the horses mouth to direct the horse to turn whichever way the rider decides.

That puts you in control of your mind and body, once you get control of your words to declare according to scriptures (James 3:2).
    Do the above. Or confess scriptures that have to do with pleasing Him because God watches over His word to perform it.
    Do the above. Or confess scriptures of assurance of salvation because being saved means being delivered out from satan's grasp and into God's everlasting arms. It means that the saved name is written in the Lamb's book of life. With the indelible blood of Jesus. It means that your home is in heaven, your Father is God, your Elder Brother and Leader of your salvation and Bishop of your soul and the Shepherd of the sheep is Jesus.

Some say that one's salvation is not settled in heaven, but that salvation can be lost.. like one loses their car keys.

But that isn't scripturally accurate. Even the babe in Christ who sins frequently is still in God's grace which keeps them in God's Love that never fails. (more on that is detailed below)

Such is not the same as someone who is mature in the things of God (like the apostle Paul) who decides to denounce and blaspheme God and despise the blood of Jesus. For them they are separated from God by their own decision. They do not lose their salvation, they deliberately discard it.
    Get saved. That is when you exchange your ticket to hell to a ticket to heaven.
    Already covered above.
    Every breath you take is by the Holy Spirit. It's not, how does the Holy Spirit come to you.. it's, how do you come to the Holy Spirit?.. Do the above.
    In Hebrew His Name is Yeshua Hamashiach. In English Jesus the Christ. To call Him Rabbi is to call Him Teacher, in taking His yoke upon you that you learn as taught by Him.

All the other options given are incorrect in spelling, are incorrect in thought process due to incorrect grammar concepts, and because there is no 'w' in Hebrew. Yeah I know, the word Hebrew is derived from the old testament man, ebra. Jew is derived from Judah. Both Hebrew and Jew are English.

The word spelled Yahweh is an incorrect letter replacement of YHVH.. to YHWH. The name Jahovah is derived from the Tetragrammaton YHVH interspaced by the vowels in Adonai. Both names are translated in Bibles as LORD/Lord. Jehovah is also used. Jahovah is more correct than Yahweh. Both are English. Most Jews do not use either of them.
    By prayer according to such scripture as "Believe in the Lord Jesus Christ, and you and your household shall be saved."

Christians are to be a light to the dark world, and so be a light to the family by being a holy example to them.
    Do not condemn them or other unbelievers in their presence. Do not preach to them unsolicited.
    This may sound a minor thing but it's actually huge.. LOVE them. Because LOVE is God. Let God LOVE them through you. Pray in private every day, with thanksgiving, not begging.. for them to be saved. By faith believe that they are and use present tense vocabulary indicating that they are already saved. That's faith speaking.

Pray for them at the beginning of each day. At noon prayers, and before you go to bed evening prayers. Use salvation scriptures to base your prayers on their salvation. Be in frequent thanksgiving while you confess again the salvation scriptures whenever you think of your family, do that instead of worrying.
    And in your prayers believe also that the Lord of the harvest sends laborers (laity or a preacher by any social interaction method) into your family to result in salvation harvest.
    That name looks familiar from my brief searching of the names due to this challenge from you. Am I mistaken, or aren't you one of those people in the above list? (copy/pasted here)
    Warningthepeople
    Disciple Robert
    Hated Apostle Cooper
    Collin Michael
    Tim Conway
    thepostnihilist