Discerning between the Holy Spirit and counterfeits (e.g. Kundalini)?

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

TruthSeek3r

Jan 18, 2020
Capital
✟128,643.00
Country
Chile
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
It tells me so. And the Holy Spirit produces faith unlike any other book when I read and study it.

In other words, your "solid evidence" is just your personal "feeling" that the Holy Spirit is supposedly making you have faith in the Bible. If you don't trust other people's personal experiences with the supernatural, why should I trust your personal "feelings"?

Upvote 0

Aussie Pete

Site Supporter
Aug 14, 2019
Frankston
Visit site
✟727,630.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Divorced
God brings rain as healing on those justified as well as those not justified by grace. The gospel is not in respect to extending life on this earth sufferings daily the wage of sin death .

It would seem someone is buying lying wonders. the kind offered to Jesus in Mathew 4 illusions created in one own fleshly mind not out of the body but lies brought in. Like with Peter in John 21 who started a lie John would not die.

When the father gave the Son man Jesus who came to do the will of the father words to rebuke the lying spirit Three times Jesus repeated the words that father gave him .As it is written then the spirit of lies departed . it representing the one source of faith by which we can hear God not seen We are to buy the truth of the Bible and not sell it based on human ideas

Colossian 2: 18 Some people enjoy acting as if they are humble and love to worship angels.(the author of false vision ) They always talk about the visions they have seen. Don’t listen to them when they say you are wrong because you don’t do these things. It is so foolish for them to feel such pride, because it is all based on their own human ideas.
Agree absolutely. There is a great deal that is false. it does not invalidate the true.

Upvote 0

Dave L

Site Supporter
Jun 28, 2018
USA
✟580,140.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
In other words, your "solid evidence" is just your personal "feeling" that the Holy Spirit is supposedly making you have faith in the Bible. If you don't trust other people's personal experiences with the supernatural, why should I trust your personal "feelings"?
Truthseeker, take it from someone who has found the truth. Faith is a fruit of the Holy Spirit, not the wicked flesh.

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Agree absolutely. There is a great deal that is false. it does not invalidate the true.

We walk or understand the unseen eternal things of God using the temporal things seen. Called mixing faith. The hidden manna spoken of in Revelation 2:17 .If there is no mixing of faith then there is no gospel(ebrew4:1-4) .

Experiencing the temporal things seen is not the validator of the unseen things of God .God heals both the believer and the non believer. believers have the privilege to pray and watch. Perhaps he will heal ?

No such thing a name it claim it as if we could turn God who is of one mind and always does whatsoever His soul pleases . He is not served or heal by human hands in any way shape or form

Temporal healing is not part of the gospel . All die not receiving the promise.

The prescription as a loving commandment "look not at the things which are seen" but by the eternal faith that works in us must be applied

2 Corinthians 4:18 While we look not at the things which are seen, but at the things which are not seen: for the things which are seen are temporal; but the things which are not seen are eternal.

Upvote 0

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
How do you know the Bible is God's word?

For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart (Hebrews 4:12)

You don't read the bible it reads you.

Hello TruthSeek3r. We may be closer to finding the root of the disagreement on this thread. While I believe God speaks today, I believe God heals today, I believe people speak in tongues today. The word of God is our source of authority. Where I believe the modern Charismatic movement has lost it's way and what Dave L might be picking up on is that the word of God has sometimes been relegated to second place, behind manifestations, alleged dreams, visions, feelings, new revelations, trips to heaven and hell, many of which contradict the word of God, contradict each other and indeed often contradict themselves.
The sheer volume of this stuff is poisoning the well. Some speakers have more dreams than Joseph, more 'burning bush' type encounters than Moses, more Revelation than John of Patmos.

One American televangelist claims to regularly play Tennis with Jesus, another claims Jesus taught him to play the saxophone. I mean !?!?!?!

God Bless :)

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
For the word of God is alive and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart (Hebrews 4:12)

You don't read the bible it reads you.

Hello TruthSeek3r. We may be closer to finding the root of the disagreement on this thread. While I believe God speaks today, I believe God heals today, I believe people speak in tongues today. The word of God is our source of authority. Where I believe the modern Charismatic movement has lost it's way and what Dave L might be picking up on is that the word of God has sometimes been relegated to second place, behind manifestations, alleged dreams, visions, feelings, new revelations, trips to heaven and hell, many of which contradict the word of God, contradict each other and indeed often contradict themselves.
The sheer volume of this stuff is poisoning the well. Some speakers have more dreams than Joseph, more 'burning bush' type encounters than Moses, more Revelation than John of Patmos.

One American televangelist claims to regularly play Tennis with Jesus, another claims Jesus taught him to play the saxophone. I mean !?!?!?!

God Bless :)

While I believe God speaks today, through his written word and heals today. He heals the just, believers and those not born born again, not justified for salvation. He is no ,longer bringing any new revelations to verify His work .That kind of witness is sealed with 7 seals till the end of Time. We can pray for temporally healing but it is not a requirement for walking by faith the unseen work God works in mankind.

Many it would appear ignore that it is a evil genraration natural mankind that seek after signs and wonder and not belief prophecy. They it would seem make Jesus into a circus seal. Perform a miracle then when we see walking by sight we will believe . Seeking after sign and wonders that have no end is the foundation of paganism. out of sight out of mind . Like who needs to beleive in a God, not seen.

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

When it comes to tongues it is simply "prophecy" spoken in other the languages of the world other than Hebrew alone . Making a noise without meaning and falling backward is simply to mock the spirit of judgment the word of God.

Note . . . green believers . Black bolded non believers. faithless

1 Corinthians 14:21-22 In the law it is written, ( Isaiah 28) With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, (God's tongue) saith the Lord.Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not but for them which believe.

Why would a person desire to mock the spirit of judgment by making a sound without meaning and falling backwards to indicate slain in the spirit? How would that advance the gospel .What does that say to the world ?

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
While I believe God speaks today, through his written word and heals today. He heals the just, believers and those not born born again, not justified for salvation. He is no ,longer bringing any new revelations to verify His work .That kind of witness is sealed with 7 seals till the end of Time. We can pray for temporally healing but it is not a requirement for walking by faith the unseen work God works in mankind.

Many it would appear ignore that it is a evil genraration natural mankind that seek after signs and wonder and not belief prophecy. They it would seem make Jesus into a circus seal. Perform a miracle then when we see walking by sight we will believe . Seeking after sign and wonders that have no end is the foundation of paganism. out of sight out of mind . Like who needs to beleive in a God, not seen.

John 6:30 They said therefore unto him, What sign shewest thou then, that we may see, and believe thee? what dost thou work?

When it comes to tongues it is simply "prophecy" spoken in other the languages of the world other than Hebrew alone . Making a noise without meaning and falling backward is simply to mock the spirit of judgment the word of God.

Note . . . green believers . Black bolded non believers. faithless

1 Corinthians 14:21-22 In the law it is written, ( Isaiah 28) With men of other tongues and other lips will I speak unto this people; and yet for all that will they not hear me, (God's tongue) saith the Lord.Wherefore tongues are for a sign, not to them that believe, but to them that believe not: but prophesying serveth not for them that believe not but for them which believe.

Why would a person desire to mock the spirit of judgment by making a sound without meaning and falling backwards to indicate slain in the spirit? How would that advance the gospel .What does that say to the world ?

I know people who are sincere filled with the spirit people, and they speak in tongues, when they are alone praying to God, they are not some clowns i'm pretty sure that makes themselves believe they are doing something when they are not, and in front of God? for what exactly?

Don't try to put God in a box saying signs and wonders are not for today, God still uses his power to convince people with experiences and miracles, and actually who says God showing his power is not for today? how many people are desperately needing him, lost and christians alike?

If you didn't experience any 'wonder' from God, don't take the extra step and say please that this doesn't exist today, that is wrong.

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
I know people who are sincere filled with the spirit people, and they speak in tongues, when they are alone praying to God, they are not some clowns i'm pretty sure that makes themselves believe they are doing something when they are not, and in front of God? for what exactly?

Don't try to put God in a box saying signs and wonders are not for today, God still uses his power to convince people with experiences and miracles, and actually who says God showing his power is not for today? how many people are desperately needing him, lost and christians alike?

If you didn't experience any 'wonder' from God, don't take the extra step and say please that this doesn't exist today, that is wrong.

I would say don't try and build a bigger sealed box .God is no longer bringing any new revelations to confirm his work in the affairs' of mankind. Revelation is still the last chapter in the book of prophecy (the bible). We have the perfect and are warned before hand of signs and wonders seekers rather than those who seek after prophecy . Those who chase after wonders (evil generation natural unconverted mankind) keep on wondering, not coming to a conclusion of faith as it is written .

In that way we are to let our answer be yes or no . Not lets wonder about it leading to doubt.

Signs and wonders seekers were popular when Christ came during the first century reformation in order to reform the government of God .

When Jesus spoke to Nicodenmus, a signs and wonders seeker. When revealed to him a man must be born again from above .The Son of man, Jesus the chief apostle immediately informed him given words from the father not seen to Nicodemus to. . . "marvel not" or "wonder not" but rather believe prophecy. This was before the father of lies had a opportunity to snatch the incorruptible seed by which are men are born from above by and through. .

Tongue as prophecy is the word of God spoken in all the languages of the world .The believers new tongue (the gospel)

It was a sign again against them who make a noise without meaning and fall backward "slain in the spirit". By performing it, it made a mockery's of the spirit of judgment.

The doctrine of God's spirit judgment must be studied if a person is to come to truth, as it is written

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

lismore

Maranatha
Oct 28, 2004
Scotland
✟245,339.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
He is no ,longer bringing any new revelations to verify His work.

Hello garee. Thanks for your reply. That's an interesting point which I think could be true. Perhaps God is bringing us illumination of his word rather than new revelation. Both Islam and Mormonism were founded by someone who said an angel had appeared to them and given them new revelation, so at least it's something to be extremely wary of. God Bless :)

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Hello garee. Thanks for your reply. That's an interesting point which I think could be true. Perhaps God is bringing us illumination of his word rather than new revelation. Both Islam and Mormonism were founded by someone who said an angel had appeared to them and given them new revelation, so at least it's something to be extremely wary of. God Bless :)

Yes his word is the light of the gospel. It as a law of faith the unseen eternal will of God that gloriously works in the believer exposing the darkness of any religion that says thus ; sayeth the lord knowing his he not adding to His record.

Upvote 0

NBB

Site Supporter
Apr 19, 2013
Uruguay
✟454,217.00
Country
Uruguay
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Yes his word is the light of the gospel. It as a law of faith the unseen eternal will of God that gloriously works in the believer exposing the darkness of any religion that says thus ; sayeth the lord knowing his he not adding to His record.

The lord still says lots of things though, even if those are not added to the bible, should we listen to anyone who claims this without care? of course not.

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
The lord still says lots of things though, even if those are not added to the bible, should we listen to anyone who claims this without care? of course not.

Yes, we are not to go above that which is written (sola scriptura) Some elevate the apostles (corrupted mankind) above that law not subject to change, again as it is written.

Upvote 0

garee

Feb 18, 2013
✟22,818.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

I would agree .Take Peter for instance used as a example of a "serial denier." Those trusting in a law of the fathers as oral traditions of men. .Right after being reinstated for denying Christ again and again.

Peter went to town with a lying oral tradition of men saying that John would not experience death. Yet Jesus did not say that.

There Jesus informs us if every time he had to the work of exposing the lies of the "law of the fathers" (a hierarchy of men) that again bring oral traditions ."I heard it through the grape vine". That we would need a bigger world to hold the volumes upon volumes of books that could of been written. He illuminates the whole or perfect now that we no longer have it in part.

We can speak to our living God that works in us . . face to face . . faith to faith, or knowledge revealed to revealed knowledge as it is written

Revelation remains the closing chapter with a final warning not to add or subtract from the whole. .

John 21:22-25 Jesus saith unto him, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? follow thou me. Then went this saying abroad among the brethren, that that disciple should not die: yet Jesus said not unto him, He shall not die; but, If I will that he tarry till I come, what is that to thee? This is the disciple which testifieth of these things, and wrote these things: and we know that his testimony is true. And there are also many other things which Jesus did, the which, if they should be written every one, I suppose that even the world itself could not contain the books that should be written. Amen.

Does mankind need more than he has written? What's missing? A law by which we could know him not seen more adequately?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums