✟7,757.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
This is my first post here.
I feel like I have become a disappointment to my family.
Growing up I was considered a smart kid. I would always do puzzles and read and that sort of thing. Even won Bible Quizzing in high school. People would always tell me that I should go to school to become an engineer and stuff. I didn't end up going to college right after high school, (first major disappointment) but after a year of people constantly telling me to, I started college. The school year started ok, but it progressively went downhill and I got a 2.0 GPA and could not go back based on that (school rule)(second major disappointment). Upon getting home, I got a job at KFC, I enjoyed it there, but I regularly received negative feedback from family and friends about wasting my time in a job like that. (fourth major disappointment) After about 8 months there, I had to quit because of joint problems (EDS) and in the 5 months since then, I can't seem to get another job (fifth major disappointment). There it's also the disappointment from my family (myself included) that I have never been in a relationship (but that's a topic for a different thread).
Lately I just sit around the house. I've lost the enthusiasm to do very much. (leading to more disappointment from nut parents that I'm not doing anything) I go to bible study/church 3 times a week, but that is about it.
I feel like a lot of my problems branch from my very limited ability to communicate with people (Aspergers). My parents / grandparents are all very extroverted and can't seem to understand why I have trouble with talking to people.
I'm 21 and feel like the last 3 years of my life have been a failure.
How should I reconcile this situation with them / let them know how I feel about things without having things get any worse?

God is good

Oct 4, 2016
Michigan
✟201,885.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
*my parents
Just remember how much you are loved by God and Jesus and please know that you are valuable and that by praying to God, if it's His will, you can get a great job where Jesus can use you. If you ever want to talk you can message me whenever. God bless you and Jesus is Lord.

Upvote 0