• The General Mental Health Forum is now a Read Only Forum. As we had two large areas making it difficult for many to find, we decided to combine the Mental Health & the Recovery sections of the forum into Mental Health & Recovery as a whole. Physical Health still remains as it's own area within the entire Recovery area.

If you are having struggles, need support in a particular area that you aren't finding a specific recovery area forum, you may find the General Struggles forum a great place to post. Any any that is related to emotions, self-esteem, insomnia, anger, relationship dynamics due to mental health and recovery and other issues that don't fit better in another forum would be examples of topics that might go there.

If you have spiritual issues related to a mental health and recovery issue, please use the Recovery Related Spiritual Advice forum. This forum is designed to be like Christian Advice, only for recovery type of issues. Recovery being like a family in many ways, allows us to support one another together. May you be blessed today and each day.

Kristen.NewCreation and FreeinChrist

Disappointed with no response

Norman70

Nov 8, 2018
St Philip
✟62,302.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There has been no response to this post in another forum so I am trying here. God bless you all.

I am constantly trying to receive the Word of God but to no avail. This week I called the Samaritans. I am not suicidal, but sincere prayer and profound belief in our Christian God is not helping.
The Samaritans listened to me (and I know God hears my prayers, petitionary, praise and adoration). The Samaritan (Peter) suggested talking to my doctor (which I did over the phone) who knows me very well, and he has recommended a psychotherapist. Again over the phone she has said she will visit, in the meantime, over the phone, she has put me on medication. I am trying to organise someone to collect my prescription, I do not think God will do that, unless a miracle occurs.
Any comments, fellow Christians? I have started a few threads here but interest seems to have wained, therefore I am falling back on worldly responses, but I am not losing my faith in God. I also have my wonderful caring wife.

JCFantasy23

In a Kingdom by the Sea.
Jul 1, 2008
Lakeland, FL
✟502,107.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
I'm sorry you're struggling so much, Norman. Sometimes I have found that when I in the midst of the strongest struggles that I seem to feel numb and it's harder to sense that God is there. I know it sounds cliche, but it really is true that He is always with us, even if we are not feeling it, and to not rely on emotions when it comes to our spiritual struggles and difficult times. I'm glad your wife is there for support and care - one of the biggest ways God reaches out to us in our times of distress is by the people He has in our lives.

Upvote 0

Norman70

Nov 8, 2018
St Philip
✟62,302.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Thank you posters for your prompt replies and sound comments and advice.
To attempt to answer the question concerning where I am in error, two things immediately spring to mind and I have confessed them both to my wife and, of course, God. I have led a very hedonistic life, nothing criminal but far from God, and I am not now able to support my wife in the way I would like.
Coupled with this, and possibly the reason for my poverty, is my interest in Christian Anarchism, resulting in a falling away from Christian fellowship with other, mainstream, but not my wife, Christians, in RL and here. However, I do not believe I am in error with this one considering man's continuing inhumanity to man.
Giving up the meds results in me going back to the booze!

Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Hi Norman, I recommend the Golden Eagle's forum. We are all of a similar age, experience similar situations, I have found a lot of support and prayers from the lovely Christians there.

Reactions: JCFantasy23
Upvote 0

Norman70

Nov 8, 2018
St Philip
✟62,302.00
Country
Barbados
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Hi Norman, I recommend the Golden Eagle's forum. We are all of a similar age, experience similar situations, I have found a lot of support and prayers from the lovely Christians there.
Thank you, musicalpilgrim, I have visited just now and perhaps will give it a try when I am feeling better. I was not aware of it.
At home I am mostly in bed or a wheelchair.
Visitors are few, I do not get out. My wife does all of the cooking, cleaning and shopping. I can get to the table in my wheelchair to eat, and toilet myself and keep myself clean. So far so good, I count my blessings and thank God, especially for my wife.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

musicalpilgrim

pilgrim on the sacred music pathway
Angels Team
Site Supporter
Jan 11, 2012
East of Manchester
✟2,622,609.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Married
Thank you, musicalpilgrim, I have visited just now and perhaps will give it a try when I am feeling better. I was not aware of it.
At home I am mostly in bed or a wheelchair.
Visitors are few, I do not get out. My wife does all of the cooking, cleaning and shopping. I can get to the table in my wheelchair to eat, and toilet myself and keep myself clean. So far so good, I count my blessings and thank God, especially for my wife.
I pray for you, may the Lord bless you and comfort you both

Upvote 0

Jeshu

Bought by His Blood
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2005
One of the Greatest Places on Earth.
✟600,188.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There has been no response to this post in another forum so I am trying here. God bless you all.

Oh my dear brother suffering can really separate us from our God but it doesn't have to be that way. i've learned to understand that in suffering wrong we stand close to God, for He suffers all wrong all the time. His loving truth has been my very best aid in fighting my depressive illness. Without His loving truth i would have succumbed to the lies of my depression a long time ago.

So if you find it hard to find God in your pain then let faith in His loving truth guide you out of your pit and help you on your way. He truly is an amazing God who comes to aid those who put their trust in Him. Loosing faith in God is not the answer, for i would have been hopelessly lost if i had not His truth to guide me.

Be of good courage.

Upvote 0

Noxot

anarchist personalist
Site Supporter
Aug 6, 2007
dallas, texas
Visit site
✟231,339.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Thank you posters for your prompt replies and sound comments and advice.
To attempt to answer the question concerning where I am in error, two things immediately spring to mind and I have confessed them both to my wife and, of course, God. I have led a very hedonistic life, nothing criminal but far from God, and I am not now able to support my wife in the way I would like.
Coupled with this, and possibly the reason for my poverty, is my interest in Christian Anarchism, resulting in a falling away from Christian fellowship with other, mainstream, but not my wife, Christians, in RL and here. However, I do not believe I am in error with this one considering man's continuing inhumanity to man.
Giving up the meds results in me going back to the booze!

Christian Anarchy is pretty much my ideal. Try not to focus too much on the evils of the state, most people just don't seem to realize how it can sometimes totally ruin people's lives.

I recently discovered egoist anarchism. it's certainly not fully compatible with Christian Anarchy but it did ease my soul somewhat. I can actually be thankful for any Goods that the state does for me now. I now realize that I only hate the state when it's against me.

If you like to read I recommend Max striners "the ego and his own". His criticisms are useful as is his idea of a "Union of egos".

Attachments

• max-stirner-the-ego-and-his-own.pdf
    903.7 KB · Views: 6
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Tempura

Noob
Site Supporter
May 2, 2010
✟320,561.00
Country
Finland
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Single
I can get to the table in my wheelchair to eat, and toilet myself and keep myself clean. So far so good, I count my blessings and thank God, especially for my wife.

I'm sorry I can't find words right now, but I will pray for you and your wife with my stumbling prayers. Even if you couldn't feel comfort, what you said in above quote comes from a strong faith and gratitude that goes beyond mundane difficulties, and stuff like that will inspire many, including me. Christ be with you both. I will pray for strength and comfort for both of you. Thank you for your words brother.

Upvote 0

Larniavc

Leading a blameless life
Jul 14, 2015
✟314,659.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Liberal-Democrats
If you are in the UK get your GP to refer you to the locale IAPT service for assessment and treatment.

Upvote 0

FreeinChrist

CF Advisory team
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Jul 2, 2003
USA/Belize
✟1,748,098.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Advisor hat

This thread had a clean up. As a reminder, the site rules include:
Please do not give professional legal, financial, medical, or other counseling. Do not direct, imply, or suggest that others should disregard doctors' orders regarding medical diagnosis and/or treatment.​

Upvote 0