Disabled Men, Woman Beaten Over Not Paying 'Fee' For Being White.

Johnboy60

Looking For Interesting News.
Dec 28, 2003
Tennessee
✟306,929.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
ORLANDO, Fla. -- Four men in Orlando were charged with a hate crime after they pummeled a 62-year-old woman and her two mentally-challenged companions at a public park after they didn't pay a "fee" for being white, police said.

Investigators said the victims were walking into a Kaley Park when they were confronted by Christopher Colbert, Erick Golden, Willie Pritts and Antoniette Boone.

http://www.local6.com/news/15747448/detail.html?rss=orlpn&psp=news

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Turn about is fair play. If white thugs had told blacks entering the park they had to pay a fee for being "black" the hate crime clause would've been whipped out in a flash. It's only fair black thugs get the same additional time for being racist idiots.

Upvote 0

IisJustMe

He rescued me because He delighted in me (Ps18:19)
Jun 23, 2006
Blue Springs, Missouri
✟23,494.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
This isn't racist.
Because the people being harmed are white. Can't have racism with people that are the majority, at least I have heard on this forum.
Gee, I guess we white folk owe Jeremiah Wright an apology, huh?

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
This isn't racist.
Because the people being harmed are white. Can't have racism with people that are the majority, at least I have heard on this forum.

Bill the above doesn’t help. I disagree it was racism. It was hate crime and they were charged as such, so what’s the issue.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Bill the above doesn’t help. I disagree it was racism. It was hate crime and they were charged as such, so what’s the issue.

I do believe this was a race based crime. I was just repeating what someone else said on reverse descrimination.(It wasn't you. We have disagreements, but we keep it fairly reasonable.)

I don't believe in hate crimes, but as long as all sides can benefit or be punished by it fairly, I can't complain.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
I do believe this was a race based crime. I was just repeating what someone else said on reverse descrimination.(It wasn't you. We have disagreements, but we keep it fairly reasonable.)

I don't believe in hate crimes, but as long as all sides can benefit or be punished by it fairly, I can't complain.

Ohh it was race based, no doubt, that in my book doesn't necessarily make it racism.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

ladyt28

God's Grace Fills My Life
Jun 12, 2007
Michigan
✟37,455.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
This isn't racist.

ANY race can be racist - it has nothing to do with being a majority or not. If someone of color beats me to a bloody pulp just for being white, then it is a racist act. And as far as I'm concerned, ALL racist crimes are hate crimes - it's redundant.

Reactions: IisJustMe
Upvote 0

Ave Maria

Ave Maria Gratia Plena
May 31, 2004
Diocese of Evansville, IN
✟108,571.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
ANY race can be racist - it has nothing to do with being a majority or not. If someone of color beats me to a bloody pulp just for being white, then it is a racist act. And as far as I'm concerned, ALL racist crimes are hate crimes - it's redundant.
Exactly! Any race can be racist and any racial crime is a hate crime!

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Are we sure the perps were black? The article doesn't say. I see a French surname, an English surname, a Jewish surname and I can't identify Pritts, though it sounds northern european.

There was a picture of two black men arrested. I think that qualifies. :p

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
This isn't racist.

Different theories on when something can be "racism" don't matter a bit when it comes to the law.. the laws on hate crime are applied if the victim is attacked based on their ethnicity, race, religion etc...I know I've said that about hate crimes as have several others.. they apply to everyone.

Upvote 0

wanderingone

I'm not lost I'm just wandering
Jul 6, 2005
New York
✟30,779.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Like I've said before, "hate crime" laws are unnecesary cruel and unusual punishment. Their crime was robbery, not hate.

Hate crime is simply an additional charge - they aren't charged with "hate" their crime was motivated by the "race" of their victims which gets them an additional charge. I don't see why people are so opposed to this particular charge that can be added on to charges being made when there are so often additional charges made on people for criminal acts.

Upvote 0

Mr.Pious

Senior Veteran
Dec 23, 2003
✟17,602.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Hate crime is simply an additional charge - they aren't charged with "hate" their crime was motivated by the "race" of their victims which gets them an additional charge. I don't see why people are so opposed to this particular charge that can be added on to charges being made when there are so often additional charges made on people for criminal acts.

Because the idea of thought crime scares me.

Upvote 0