Dionosaurs vs. The Bible

Originally posted by 30a2
Also, there have been discoveries of old drawings in caves of Dinosaurs.
This has a major impact because the people back then did not have the technology to uncover bones and put them back together again. Below is an old painting of an unknown creature from Kuku Yanlanji people:

Now for the big point. There are entire industries making these sort things for the tourists, as jokes etc.

And funny thing how these did not appear before they could be sold to tourists, etc. Real anthropologists are not finding these sort of things.

You are going to have to provide some evidence that these are genuine pre-Columbian artifacts.

Simply put, you are falling for a very obvious hoax.

Upvote 0
Originally posted by Starscream
30a2, where did you get that picture?

If you use Internet Explorer right click on the image and select properties. Netscape 4.7 the same except select view image. Netscape 6 you can do either.

Here is the URL of the image

http://www.drdino.com/img/ii_11.jpg

It is Kent Hovind's site. That in and of itself is a very bad sign given Hovind's lack of concern for accuracy.

Upvote 0

elephanticity

This appears beneath your name.
Mar 30, 2002
Visit site
✟8,527.00
Originally posted by 30a2
Also, there have been discoveries of old drawings in caves of Dinosaurs.
This has a major impact because the people back then did not have the technology to uncover bones and put them back together again. Below is an old painting of an unknown creature from Kuku Yanlanji people:
ii_11.jpg
a flippered lake monster cornerd by coocoo's?
if that were supposed to be real, wouldn't the people be drawn a bit better than stick people? The extra details inside the lake monster are supposed to be reminiscent of Australian aborininal art, but most of those details fill the outline of the animal AND the people, not just a line to show the stomach.

Would cave people draw the whole plesiosaur? Or just the head sticking up out of the water? That's a lotta detail on the dinosaur compared to the stick figures. Is this supposed to be some hunt?

Upvote 0
for all of those who either claim or think that the earth was created by God (which is was) in any time frame other than 6 days.... The Bible said God created the heavens and the earth in 6 days on the 7th he rested , anything to the contrary would make God a liar in which case He wouldn't be God cause God is perfect so therefor it would make sense to believe the nut cases who believe evolution are right so now we are all just here because of a cosmic accident in which case not only is this conversation pointless but, since there is no God, then I decide right and wrong and I dont like you so now I will kill you.
What?? That wouldn't be nice?? well since I'm in charge of my own little world then I can do what ever I wish.

I said all that to say this....

God is in charge, He does in fact does live and He created the world in 6 days (1 day equaling 1 revolution of the earth) approx. 6000 years ago.

And for all those wondering, Yes God is the standard for perfection, He is perfect, and we all fall short of His glory.

Upvote 0

Sinai

Apr 2, 2002
Visit site
✟1,762.00
Faith
Protestant
Originally posted by BigJon
for all of those who either claim or think that the earth was created by God (which is was) in any time frame other than 6 days.... The Bible said God created the heavens and the earth in 6 days on the 7th he rested , anything to the contrary would make God a liar....God is in charge, He does in fact does live and He created the world in 6 days (1 day equaling 1 revolution of the earth) approx. 6000 years ago.

If you go to the thread that deals with the topic you mentioned (click here), you will note that of the five major theories presented, four of them are consistent with the Bible's account of creation....and four of the five theories are consistent with what mainstream science says happened.

"Young Earth" advocates (theory number two) generally add up the ages of the persons listed in the Bible, add another 2,000 years for the time since Christ, and then add some amount between 6 days and 6,000 years for the time of creation (Chapter one of Genesis)--which yields a result of about 6,000-12,000 years. A few make certain other allowances to push the total up to 40,000-50,000 years.

Persons who either ignore the Bible (theory one) or who think the Bible is consistent with mainstream scientific evidence (theories 3, 4 and 5) generally place the age of our planet as being about 2.5 to 4.5 billion years old.

Herschel Hobbs, who is probably one of the best known and widely respected Bible scholars of the past century, pointed out that "the Bible does not say dogmatically how long the creative period lasted. The Hebrew word for "day" (yom), like the English word, may mean any number of things: twenty-four hours, a generation, an era, or an indefinite period of time. Since the Holy Spirit inspired the writing of Genesis 1, it must be concluded that he did not spell out this detail. Had he said "a twenty-four-hour day" or "an indefinite period of time" that would settle it. But since he did not do so, the time element is not a vital point in faith."

Of course, it might be noted in passing that even a 24-hour period of time can be measured differently--as theories 2 and 5 demonstrate. Theory 2 measures the time looking back toward the moment of creation, while theory 5 measures it from the approximate point of creation while moving at the speed of the outward thrust using Einstein's theory (or law) of relativity and a universal time-clock based on cosmic background radiation and the wavelength of light. Both are 24 hours, but they differ (when 6 such days are measured using Earth time looking back toward creation) by over 15 billion years!

Upvote 0

elephanticity

This appears beneath your name.
Mar 30, 2002
Visit site
✟8,527.00
If Genesis is untrue then God is a liar? Nevermind the other thread here with the discussion of the verses that show God does lie:

If the world is not flat, the bible is wrong.

If the world does not rest on strong pillars, the bible is wrong.

If the sun doesn't stay in a little house at night, the bible is wrong.

If Bats are not birds, TBIW.

If rabbits don't chew their cud, TBIW.

If the moon doesn't generate it's own light, TBIW.

Once you accept how these biblical statements can be justified to the reality we currently accept, you'll have a method to accept Genessis as either a parable, or a pure myth.

Upvote 0

Caedmon

kawaii
Site Supporter
Dec 18, 2001
R'lyeh
✟49,383.00
Faith
Catholic
Politics
US-Others
Originally posted by BigJon
for all of those who either claim or think that the earth was created by God (which is was) in any time frame other than 6 days.... The Bible said God created the heavens and the earth in 6 days on the 7th he rested , anything to the contrary would make God a liar in which case He wouldn't be God cause God is perfect so therefor it would make sense to believe the nut cases who believe evolution are right so now we are all just here because of a cosmic accident in which case not only is this conversation pointless but, since there is no God, then I decide right and wrong and I dont like you so now I will kill you.
What?? That wouldn't be nice?? well since I'm in charge of my own little world then I can do what ever I wish.

What is this? I understand your purpose, but do not follow your argumentation. You went from address, to "logic", to insult, to satire, to sarcasm. The lack of punctuation was equally disorienting.

Furthermore, it is neither witty nor Christian to insult other people. I, as well as some others following this thread, consider calling people, who consider potentially valid a scientific theory to which you do not assent, nut cases to be repugnant and belligerent. Please refrain from such obscenities.

Regarding your position, I do believe that the Earth was created in six days, within the context of the Genesis creation stories. The genre of Genesis 1-3 is unmistakably different from the rest of the book. This first section can be interpreted ahistorically and ascientifically. These mean that it can be interpreted in and of itself, without necessarily connecting the text to historical or scientific sources.

Genesis creation is a sacred narrative and does not require validation by history or science. To assume and to attempt to verify that God created the world in six, literal, consecutive, 24-hour periods is trying to impose human measurement on a spiritual concept. Or are you saying that God's revelation of truth must always be confined by human empiricism, logic, and reasoning? Where is the faith in that? You put a lot of your assurance in scientific justification, but Christianity is based upon faith.

Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen. - Hebrews 11:1, NASB

The "make or break" matter for Christians should not be how, but who created the universe. Science and history should have no bearing on Biblical creation; the Bible makes no such gambits, nor does it need them.

Upvote 0
I don't believe God has deceived anyone concerning Creation and how the world we know 'evolved' from His original creation. The purpose of Genesis is not to prove earth's origins, but to introduce a God who creates the material universe and all that is in it. Most of Genesis is forward-focussed. The promises that God gave to Abraham reassure us that the universe not only has its origin in God's creative act, but that history flows purposefully toward God's intended end-Jesus Christ.

Hebrew geneologies were used to trace roots and lineage and typically included only key persons, not everyone in the family line. For this reason, both Old and New Testament geneologies are incomplete. Adding up the years in Genesis give no clue to the date of Creation. The Bible mentions huge beasts and leviathans. No one can deny that dinosaur bones once belonged to a living animal. Obviously, these beasts were dead long before God inspired men to write accounts of His love and pursuit of mankind.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jon

<marquee behavior=scroll direction=left scrollamou
Jan 28, 2003
Visit site
✟8,054.00
Faith
Christian
4th May 2002 at 03:38 AM Delia said this in Post #1

Hey everyone!!! This is my first post so hopefully I make sense. Ok, my question has to do with dinosaurs. I have really thought about this one and have not come to a answer. I am a Christian but I belive the world is billions of years old and that dinosaurs lived here at one time. Now I am not sure how.I hate to contridicte the Bible but a lot of what it says along the lines of creation and such relly don't work with what I have been taught. :scratch: So not to make blasphmy but I think the Bible might be wrong.Keep in mind I am Christian and I am just looking for some gudiance in my problem. And tell me if these kinds of questions or thoughts make me any less Christian? :help:
:pray: God Bless,
Tara

I recommend that you take a look at http://www.drdino.com/

his senimars are especally good http://www.drdino.com/cse.asp?pg=seminar_online

you should also take a look at http://www.answersingenesis.org&nbsp;and

http://www.christiananswers.net

&nbsp;

Always rember to question what you read :)

Upvote 0