• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Dinosuars and men coexisted

Discussion in 'Spirit-Filled / Charismatic' started by Alithis, Apr 12, 2015.

1. Alithis

Alithis Disciple of Jesus .

+2,135
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    have inserted in green to reply to you.. hmm not liking this new set up .
    warning.. if you hit the "quote " button its screens shots the page and posts it into the thread ..crazy security and privacy issue there

2. Alive_Again

Alive_Again Resident Alien

+202
    Word of Faith
    The problem i have is with the millions of years ..it limits God and disagrees with his word where in he says ..in 6 days he formed the earth .

We tend to see things through the way they have been traditionally presented. Night and day came after the heaven and the earth being created. That's where the 6 day thing commences. But everything that occurred before that (the earth!). What's the point of having an earth for millions of years if there is no sun? This is where Kat Kerr's testimony is so compelling. She says that the earth was lit with the glory of God. Ever thought of that before?

1 In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth. 2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light. 4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness. 5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
    Gen 1:1-5

As for science, what is here in the physical realm actually confirms the Word of God. We think that science's limited understanding is completely wrong. They are wrong about many things. But they can tell by looking at the earth that the continents were originally in a different place. Whatever happened, happened a VERY long time ago. In the place in Heaven Kat speaks of, she says that the earth had a "water vapor shield" around it. It never rained, but the air had a lot of moisture in it. Anyway, after Satan and his group came down here and began to corrupt the earth. God got fed up with it and broke the water vapor shield. He then froze it.

Science agrees that whatever happened to this world to cause the Ice Age happened very suddenly. There is evidence in the rocks and the bones that these things occurred very long ago. Scientists hear the testimony of some believers who would blindly hold fast to everything happening in a week. To them, that rules out the integrity of the Bible. Actually, it you see all that happened in Gen. 1:1 and starting again in Gen 1:2 (gap theory), then BOTH accounts are true.

What is here in the physical realm is a testimony. It is to be understood, not dismissed. It is not a replacement for the Word, but discoveries some scientists make are the very things that convince them finally that God's witness is true.

3. Alithis

+2,135
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    so lets try this
    well yes i have considered the light being the glory of God -simply because the new Jerusalem is lit the same way as the bible clearly tells us ..but it changes nothing of his word . but lets leave reference to kat kerr out of it as i (personally) find no credibility to her story due to its discord with the word of God (where in contrast i find much in "the visions of Marietta Davis" due to her testimony having such harmony with the word of God )

sicience ,,especially hard fact still have no bearing and do not ever automatically equate to truth.
    it equates to the observable and what is observed is not always the truth of the matter .
    as i used for example earlier- lazerus died ... he was il , then he died ,he was wrapped i grave clothes ..thats very dead ,he was put i a cave (tomb) and mourned .. and when the lord said ope it up they said no lord for by now he will stink .. thats very very dead .
    so we see here that undeniable scientific observable fact concludes Lazarus was dead .. and dead is dead .
    BUT.. the truth of the mater is in who the Lord Jesus is .. the Resurrection and the life .. thus the truth over rode the observable scientific fact .and Lazarus came forth alive .

and so it is with the creation.
    we are to put our faith in what GOD has said .. we are to trust in HIS WORD ... NOT in what we see no matter how scientifically and factually correct it may appear .
    because to do trust in what the eyes see ..is to walk by sight not by faith in what God has said .

so hopefully i trust you and all see the point iv always been leading to with this thread .the lord Jesus is the truth and he remains the truth absolutely independent of the facts . the facts can never determine the truth but will always ,when the season to do so is right bow down to the truth ...
    just as it will be when the heavens will roll up like a scroll and the lord will appear i the clouds in Glory ... the outer creation curling back to reveal the inner truth against every theorized and natural law of the natural temporal universe .

we must trust and have faith in GODS WORD ..even when the facts deny it .. Especially when the facts deny it .
    thus i myself find we cannot accept a compromise of theistic evolution based of scientific fact ,because facts can never replace nor rule over the truth .but they can deceive.

Gods word is faithful and true - and he is faithful to it .

4. lismore

lismore Maranatha

+2,850
    United Kingdom
    Christian
    Single
    Would have been exciting to see a dinosaur, or as they were called in Medieval times 'dragons'.

:)

5. jesse100

jesse100 Newbie

+1
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'm not sure why there is this "young earth" litmus test for being a Bible believer. Surely man has only been here a short time but that wouldn't mean that creation doesn't have to be only as old. The Bible wasn't meant to be a science textbook and when we insist on some of the rather strange ideas about why creation is only a few thousand years old (and so militantly) it will cause most unbelievers to turn away. Why do we have to make that an issue? The important issue is that God created everything for a purpose (His pleasure) and that Jesus is His Son and our Savior.

6. Rose_bud

Rose_bud Great is thy faithfulness, O God my Father...

+111
    Pentecostal
    Married
    Im just wondering.. If God didnt create in 6 days and rest on the seventh then.. The Israelites would have been waiting a very long time for there Sabath day of rest, since the instruction to work for 6days and rest on the seventh, came from the Genesis account..

7. Alithis

+2,135
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    the important thing is FAITH in what God has said .. our very salvation depends upon it .
    ...think on it for a while ;)

8. jesse100

jesse100 Newbie

+1
    Pentecostal
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'm not saying God didn't create (or re-create) in six literal days but maybe there is something to the difference between what is said in v. 1 and then beginning in v. 2 of Genesis 1. What is the fall of Satan caused massive upheaval in this solar system? I make no doctrine out of such things but it is something to consider.

I just think there is as much guess work and "theories" involved in trying to explain a young earth as there is in the science community trying to explain existence through evolution. My point is why quibble and turn off unbelievers with such.

9. HonestTruth

HonestTruth Member

+908
    Christian
    Single

Not sure what you're driving at here since science has conclusively proven that the last dinosaur died 65 million years before the first manifestations of humanity appeared.

10. Alithis

+2,135
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    nope, science proved no such thing .."men " assumed it and promoted it according to what they desire to believe and what "some" desires us all to believe .since then threw it in our faces for the last 40 years until folks have growing up assuming its the truth ..but it is not .
    since then they've found a lot of evidence displaying men and dinosaurs coexisted and the dating system is utterly flawed .now they are even finding soft tissue in dino bones (a scientific impossibility if they were even 1 million yrs old let alone 65. )

the bible states God made these beasts a"along with" man .
    you ask what i am driving at .. im driving the point that Gods word is true .simple as that .:)

11. ToBeLoved

ToBeLoved Well-Known Member Supporter

+5,675
    Non-Denom
    Private
    So then you must put the time of Job during the age of the dinosaurs?

That would throw the entire geneology and timelines of the bible so off that nothing makes sense.

Try again...

12. HonestTruth

HonestTruth Member

+908
    Christian
    Single
    Anyone who disputes the scientifically proven fact that the last dinosaur died 65 million years before the first man appeared needs to become acquainted with science. Those who believe that the world is only 6000 years old are in serious need of becoming more open minded when it comes to history and science.

13. Alithis

+2,135
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    Nope..god made them along with mankind..beginning with adam. And it throws nothing.

14. Alithis

+2,135
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    any one that places the fickle observation of man over the trustwothy word of god needs to repent.
    facts never automaticly equate to truth..the truth can change any observable fact.the lord Jesus is truth.

15. ToBeLoved

+5,675
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Let me be more concise. In the bible, the geneology (I hope that is the right word) is kept of families is to to trace Christ bloodline through as being a descendant of David, which is one of the things that Christ had to have. If you have read the bible, through lineage and also through telling of the age of certain individuals when they passed or at a certain point, it has a fairly percise timeline of individuals and timelines from Adam to Jesus Christ.

My point was and it is extremely valid, is that if dinosaurs were during the time of Job as you have said in a previous post, than biblically dinosaurs would have existed some 4-10 thousand years ago. Because we are in 2014 A.D. on the calendar. We also know when each of the New Testament books were written (within 5 years), so my opinion is that since there has been a complete timeline from Adam to Jesus (B.C. on the calendar) and a timeline after Jesus (A.D.) on the calendar, than your opinion that put's Job during the time of the dinosaurs, throws off and really would put the bible into doubt because the timeline is so off.

That was and still is the point. I still believe that you are in error of your hypothesis.

16. ToBeLoved

+5,675
    Non-Denom
    Private
    Repenting is one of those wonderfully universal things that God wants us all to do, whenever we have sinned. I wonder how many people agree with the Job lived during the time of the dinosaurs? That seems to me to almost be impossible if we are supporting the bible.

I'll try to find some information for you about biblical timelines and come back and add it. Maybe that will help you see that it is an impossible scenario. I'll be back

17. HonestTruth

HonestTruth Member

+908
    Christian
    Single

and where is your proof that God created dinosaurs at the same time as he created humans?

18. Alithis

+2,135
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    in the word of God of course -
    i know its easy to leap onto the end of a thread ,i do it all the time but how about we have a read through it , saves things being repeated :)

19. Alithis

+2,135
    New Zealand
    Christian
    Married
    its not my opinion .. God states quiet plainly that he created these beats along with man .
    add to that the stone carved temples in asia .. "so called proven by the same scienc people touts as if it is infallible, at times lol , have clear carvings of the stegosaurus .which is impossible except 1800 years ago ..they were familiar with the beasts . they saw them and carved them in stone.
    add to that dinosaur bones are now being found in greater numbers all having soft tissue in them which is a scientific impossibility if they were 65 million years old .

the dating system is both flawed and purposely biased by those that desired to ignore God .

and the point of this thread is to highlight that if we cannot believe Gods word in one part ..then we cannot truly say we believe God in any part .
    Faith in God is faith in God -the moment we doubt .. we are moving in unbelief.. the one thing we are told to repent of .

the scientific fact is ..people who have died do not come back to life .. the truth is , the lord Jesus is the resurrection and the life and will raise every man up to judgment in the last day .
    the scientific fact states that this is not so. God sates, it is so , so whom shall we believe , man - or God .

scientific fact NEVER automatically equates to truth .

20. ToBeLoved

+5,675
    Non-Denom
    Private
    People that believe in Creation believe God. I believe God, that does not necessarily mean that I believe you or your theory that Job lived during the time of the dinosaurs or that you are anywhere near correct with your timeline.

It seems that what you may be saying is that people that do not subscribe to your theory do not believe in God or that the bible is literal.

I assure you that we all believe God and give him all the glory. To equate what you have said in this thread wiht the truth of God's Holy Word, is really a position that should have never been taken. It is worded like a reprimand although it may not have been intended to sound that way.