United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Wouldn't T-Rex eat everything?

There's a Creation Museum in the Midwest where they show Dinosaurs walking up into the Ark, along with other animals.

Your thoughts?

Goatee

Jesus, please forgive me, a sinner.
Aug 16, 2015
Under a Rock. Wales, UK
✟77,615.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Divorced

There's a Creation Museum in the Midwest where they show Dinosaurs walking up into the Ark, along with other animals.

Your thoughts?

Fantasy

Upvote 0

NothingIsImpossible

May 22, 2015
✟274,922.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I have some random views on where/what happened to them concerning the ark:

1. I don't believe dinosaurs were brought onto the ark due to their size or maybe some other reason God had. They drowned in the flood. After all after the flood we stop hearing about "behemoths".

2. Maybe after the apple was bitten God destroyed dinosaurs because they would have killed us all off.

3. Alternatively since they were created on the 6th day, maybe after the apple was bitten they killed each other off or died quickly (poison) and hence none exist now.

4. One could expand on 3 by saying since many ancient people mention things like "dragons" (aka dinosaur), maybe they died off over time early on after the flood. Because if not obviously they would exist and "dragons" would not be only in ancient texts.

5. We must also remember many consider there to be dinosaurs that did survive. Such as alligator/crocodiles or even sharks. So if the flood killed off all the land based dinosaurs and most of the water ones, then it makes sense some of the water ones survived. And anyways you can't take aquatic animals onto an ark since they would obviously (to some degree) be safe in the water.

In the end we won't really know the answer until we are up in heaven. But it sure is fun to guess what happened with dinosaurs. And might I mention these answers we have currently (like mine) make FAR more sense than sciences answers which only know how to say things like "They existed 65 million years ago!" and then when asked how they died science gives you like 300 different answers and just guesses with no real evidence to anything.

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Some believe that dragon legends originate in human cohabitation with dinosaurs. I would rather believe this than doubt the plain meaning of Scripture.

I donated to Ark Encounter when it was just a blueprint. Because an enormous boat on a field in Kentucky is every bit as "ridiculous" as the original ark was in the ancient world. And we live in a world where the notion of a remnant saved from wrath is both ridiculous and offensive. Blessed is the one who does not sit in the company of mockers.

Upvote 0

Eryk

Site Supporter
Jun 29, 2005
Maryland
✟109,945.00
Country
United States
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Upvote 0

JoeP222w

Nov 5, 2015
✟77,175.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
The Bible is silent on whether or not dinosaurs were on the ark. It is wrong to assume they were on the ark, just as it is wrong to assume that they were not on the ark.

Where the Bible is silent, it is wrong to assume either way.

Additionally, the Bible does not specify the age of the animals on the ark. They may have been 1 year old, they may have been 10 years old. We are simply not told.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Job 33:6

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
The story of the global flood is allegorical. There are values in the stories and messages, but it isnt a literal story. Dinosaurs lived over 200 million years ago.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Peter says the flood was global, the world that then existed perished being flooded with water.

2 Peter 3:5-7New King James Version (NKJV)

5 For this they willfully forget: that by the word of God the heavens were of old, and the earth standing out of water and in the water, 6 by which the world that then existed perished, being flooded with water. 7 But the heavens and the earth which are now preserved by the same word, are reserved for fire until the day of judgment and perdition of ungodly men.

God said it was global, everything that had the breathe of life that did not get into the ark would die.

Genesis 6:17
And behold, I Myself am bringing floodwaters on the earth, to destroy from under heaven all flesh in which is the breath of life; everything that is on the earth shall die.

Upvote 0

sdowney717

Apr 20, 2013
✟102,588.00
Faith
Christian
Jesus spoke of the flood saying it took them ALL away. So wherever they were on the earth, the flood found and took them away. Everything that had the breath of life God killed with the flood. Lots of fossil bones washed together laid down in multistranded fossil beds as the flood waters settled, the layers settled forming sedimentary bands that harden into rock. Lots of buried vegetation compressed into coal veins. The earth before the flood was loaded with a lot of life, more life than today. Now we have ongoing extinctions and desertifications and declining biodiversity.

Matthew 24:38
For as in the days before the flood, they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noah entered the ark,
Matthew 24:39
and did not know until the flood came and took them all away, so also will the coming of the Son of Man be.

The coming of the Son of MAN will be a global event , and Jesus compares His returning also as the flood which was understood to have been a global event in His time.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
il_340x270.924817168_k0su.jpg

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Papias

Listening to TW4
Dec 22, 2005
✟57,276.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Your thoughts?

There are so many methods of testing if the ark story happened, and they all show that it's absurd to think that it's literally true. It's an allegory describing the sovereignty of God, no more literal history than the Good Samaritan parable.

Everything from the room on the ark, to feeding the animals, to what they'd eat afterwards, to modern genetics and tons more show that it's as reasonable to believe in the flood as it is to believe that the Earth is flat (also what a literal reading of the Bibles says).

Here is a good summary of some of the problems with a literal reading:

Problems with a Global Flood, 2nd edition

In Christ-

Papias

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
If anyone has any sincere questions or ideas related to geology, im not interested in a debate or any sort of argument, but for sincere questions and discussion, I am a geologist by research, career and hobby if anyone is interested in discussing or rebounding ideas or thoughts related to Earth/Creation.

Upvote 0

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Why is there controversy regarding the flood? Shouldn't we have faith in what we read word for word from the Bible rather than trying to rationalize our own beliefs?

I have not read that piece on "Problems with a Global Flood" but isn't that just someone's opinion? I don't know, I'm asking. How can we trust in man more so than God? Maybe because it fits our fallen mindsets much easier than having faith in something we have a hard time comprehending?

I'll read the entire thing and report back and give my update! Thanks.

Upvote 0

Jun 15, 2017
Hartford, Connecticut
✟295,588.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Why is there controversy regarding the flood? Shouldn't we have faith in what we read word for word from the Bible rather than trying to rationalize our own beliefs?

I have not read that piece on "Problems with a Global Flood" but isn't that just someone's opinion? I don't know, I'm asking. How can we trust in man more so than God? Maybe because it fits our fallen mindsets much easier than having faith in something we have a hard time comprehending?

I'll read the entire thing and report back and give my update! Thanks.

Just my opinion and im sure many will disagree but...

And I am not sure how many others share this view, but at least in part, i was brought to the Lord, in studying the earth. Some people are driven away when they study things like biology or astronomy. But I was and still am captivated by what I believe is beauty in Gods creation.

"How can we trust in man more so than God?" This is a significant question. If we re-examine the earth as Gods creation, it could be re-stated "How can we trust in mans understanding of Gods creation, moreso than God Himself?

I typically read ESV, and in my own scripture there is discussion about various views in things like the age of the earth (which goes hand in hand with discussions of Genesis and Noahs flood). And ultimately, we come to find that even understanding scripture is something by which mans understanding plays a role. And for me, the question further turns to

"How can we trust in mans understanding of Gods creation (earth) moreso than mans understanding of scripture?"

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I view earth as Gods creation (He made this Himself as stated in genesis), just as scripture is His creation (although Christ did not write or compile the bible, it is still His work). So rather than the question being mans word vs Gods word, I view it as Gods word vs Gods word. But God is one, and is not in contradiction. So it falls back on a question of, which is more likely true, mans interpretation and ideas about earth, or mans interpretation and ideas about scripture.

The discussion goes further, but I suppose I could stop there for now. And again many here would disagree, this is just how I rationalize it.

Upvote 0

CoolDude68

Site Supporter
May 29, 2013
Budapest
✟127,545.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I hear ya. Good points you bring up. My take on scripture is that it's there...in black and white, and red in parts... yet humans have the instinctive criticism of the Word because we were born that way. People want to interpret it to fit their way, not necessarily His way. All this adds to the confusion for anyone who is trying to learn.

After falling for this myself, I like to "prove all things" according to the text with an open (God humbled) mind and I don't just take someone's word for it because it may sound logical and intelligent.

We simply don't have the ability to comprehend the power of God and the spiritual realm some of us will eventually get to experience and a lot of His Word is difficult to believe because of our mortal, limited logic. With God, all things are possible and I try to remain faithful by reading scripture to prove or disprove opinion based subject matter. If I'm wrong, that's fine. God will know my heart.

• Prayers
Reactions: Gabriel Anton
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.