Dinosaurs on the Ark: How It Was Possible

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Quit stalling and get out there on the sea and look for those footprints!

And if you don't find any, I'm still going to believe He walked there.

I'm not bound to evidence (or the lack thereof) like you are.
Shifting the burden of proof is akin to admitting that one is wrong.

• Agree
Reactions: Hans Blaster
Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Shifting the burden of proof is akin to admitting that one is wrong.
Don't worry -- there's nothing to shift.

Anyone who thinks Jesus' footprints on the sea of Galilee constitutes a burden of proof is ... well ... educated.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Quit stalling and get out there on the sea and look for those footprints!

And if you don't find any, I'm still going to believe He walked there.

I'm not bound to evidence (or the lack thereof) like you are.
You'll believe anything the Bible says including BOTH sides of a contradictory statement.

So you go look for something that doesn't exist. I have no desire to play your obtuse games.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Don't worry -- there's nothing to shift.

Anyone who thinks Jesus' footprints on the sea of Galilee constitutes a burden of proof is ... well ... educated.
1) You have to exist to leave footprints.
2) You can't walk on water.
3) You can't leave a footprint on water.
4) You telling others about what "educated" means is like trump telling others about honesty.

Bet you a dollar he posts a footprint in snow and tries to go down that road.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
You'll believe anything the Bible says including BOTH sides of a contradictory statement.

So you go look for something that doesn't exist. I have no desire to play your obtuse games.
I'll try to remember that, the next time someone says this:

In order for something to be real there has to be evidence that it happened.

Upvote 0

Phred

Junior Mint
Aug 12, 2003
✟22,717.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I'll try to remember that, the next time someone says this:
Might want to learn what "evidence" means. You can't ask someone for stupid things like "footprints in water" or "a box of steam."

Water has physical properties that prevent it from maintaining a footprint. So your little rant about Jesus' footprints in water is, well, UNeducated. There can't be evidence of that particular little event. No matter how much you want to focus on it. You CLAIM he's not really dead. So instead of trying to be cute and ask for evidence of something for which there can BE no evidence try getting evidence you CAN provide.

Where's Jesus? He's alive you say. He's not dead you claim. So get him to show up and convince everyone that he actually exists. You know, IF he actually exists.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,061.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
That is true. The inability to find the Ark is the weakest argument against that myth. Ice floats is perhaps the shortest refutation of the Ark.

And of course one of my personal favorites, only because creationists can never understand it even though it is true:

The fact that waking up in cheap hotel room in an ice filled bathtub missing a kidney is an urban myth refutes the Ark story.

So explain it. I don't get it either.

Upvote 0

Hans Blaster

Rocket surgeon
Mar 11, 2017
USA
✟300,221.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Bet you a dollar he posts a footprint in snow and tries to go down that road.

He didn't like my claim that *I'd* walked on water many times, but Jesus couldn't because the "Sea of Galilee" doesn't freeze over.

• Agree
Reactions: Phred
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
So explain it. I don't get it either.
Gladly. Cheetahs are the key.

If there was a flood as in the Bible there should be a universal extreme population bottleneck. About 10 thousand years ago African cheetahs went through such a bottleneck. It has been calculated that they got down to on the order of 10 breeding cheetahs. As a result of that event all cheetahs are terribly inbred. Think of Alabama on steroids. Any two randomly chosen cheetahs are apt to be more closely related to each other than you are to your own brothers and sisters (barring identical twins). This has been tested by skin grafts. The skin is an organ. It is the largest organ in our body and foreign skin will be rejected just as a foreign internal organ will be. They can do skin grafts on cheetahs with no rejection. I can find quite a few articles on the ability to transplant skin grafts and what it means, but I am not finding the one that gave the magnitude of the bottleneck. For example this one:

Conservation Genetics of the Cheetah: Lessons Learned and New Opportunities

I might have to work on my Google fu a bit. At any rate if the flood happened a mere four thousand years ago there would be no problem with transplants. One could wake up missing a kidney because some stranger needed one.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,061.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
He didn't like my claim that *I'd* walked on water many times, but Jesus couldn't because the "Sea of Galilee" doesn't freeze over.

See if you can figure circumstances inwhich a river is the only dry land.

Upvote 0

Estrid

Feb 10, 2021
Hong Kong
✟151,061.00
Country
Hong Kong
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Gladly. Cheetahs are the key.

If there was a flood as in the Bible there should be a universal extreme population bottleneck. About 10 thousand years ago African cheetahs went through such a bottleneck. It has been calculated that they got down to on the order of 10 breeding cheetahs. As a result of that event all cheetahs are terribly inbred. Think of Alabama on steroids. Any two randomly chosen cheetahs are apt to be more closely related to each other than you are to your own brothers and sisters (barring identical twins). This has been tested by skin grafts. The skin is an organ. It is the largest organ in our body and foreign skin will be rejected just as a foreign internal organ will be. They can do skin grafts on cheetahs with no rejection. I can find quite a few articles on the ability to transplant skin grafts and what it means, but I am not finding the one that gave the magnitude of the bottleneck. For example this one:

Conservation Genetics of the Cheetah: Lessons Learned and New Opportunities

I might have to work on my Google fu a bit. At any rate if the flood happened a mere four thousand years ago there would be no problem with transplants. One could wake up missing a kidney because some stranger needed one.

I figure it's a myth because you would not wake up.

Anyway the connection is too obscure, you won't
have any luck with that argument.

Upvote 0

Subduction Zone

Dec 17, 2012
✟230,461.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
I figure it's a myth because you would not wake up.

Anyway the connection is too obscure, you won't
have any luck with that argument.
Face it, Flood believers are just deniers. They refuse to reason logically so one might as well have some fun with them.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Water has physical properties that prevent it from maintaining a footprint. So your little rant about Jesus' footprints in water is, well, UNeducated.
Look's like you're SOL then.

(Short on Luck)
Phred said:
Where's Jesus? He's alive you say. He's not dead you claim. So get him to show up and convince everyone that he actually exists. You know, IF he actually exists.
Well, He's kinda busy right now.

He's in Heaven making intercession for the saints.

You see, He works on a timetable.

But He promised to come soon.

Please be ready.

Upvote 0