Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
How does learning all the wrong answers help them in any way, rather than hinder them? You do realize that all the answers that were given are wrong, do you?

Scientifically wrong or not is not the concern. The central theme, or the basic concept is the most important at this stage.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I assume you have little to no idea about statistics either but I bet dollars to donuts that if someone quotes a statistic that you don't "like" you will assume (in ignorance) that the statistic is made up.
Are you talking about the statistics that got this whole thing started?

Remember this post: 62?

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,685.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What you are describing sounds remarkably like a security blanket. Depending on how badly the security blanket is needed, it will be clung on to with various degrees of desperation.
Wow ... and I've only used one example so far!

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The terminology.

You realize that this fits the description of a Pseudoscience, right?
"Pseudoscience is any belief system or methodology which tries to gain legitimacy by wearing the trappings of science, but fails to abide by the rigorous methodology and standards of evidence that demarcate true science. Although pseudoscience is designed to have the appearance of being scientific, it lacks any of the substance of science."
Pseudoscience - RationalWiki

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
At one time, AV claimed that scientists allowed the drug to enter the market knowing that it caused birth defects so they could swoop in later and play the hero. Gives you an interesting insight into how AV really views scientists.

If I don't see a link to this, Loudmouth, I'm going to ask the moderators to remove it.

That's pretty slanderous, if you ask me.

ETA: Since you're offline, I'll go ahead and request its removal.

I would also like to see a link...I don't recall AVET making this claim, and I think I would remember.

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,462.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If I don't see a link to this, Loudmouth, I'm going to ask the moderators to remove it.

That's pretty slanderous, if you ask me.

ETA: Since you're offline, I'll go ahead and request its removal.

ya know I should ask the same thing of this.
To keep the tares out of the wheat.

Upvote 0

Split Rock

Conflation of Blathers
Nov 3, 2003
North Dakota
✟22,466.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
Scientifically wrong or not is not the concern. The central theme, or the basic concept is the most important at this stage.

My biggest beef is that this is indeed being called science. If they want to teach this nonsense in a private school, that's their perogative, as long as they don't claim it is science. It is not science.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Lucy Stulz

Apr 3, 2013
✟1,937.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
Good ... and finally ... who is responsible for the Challenger disaster?

The evil of man! If only the evil scientists hadn't wanted to send man up into the sky in an effort to take out God, none of this would have happened!

We grea too haughty in our attempts to become like unto God and some paid the ultimate price.

Let us retreat to our caves and study only the holy writings of bronze age goat herders!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

StormanNorman

Mar 5, 2013
✟15,795.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
The evil of man! If only the evil scientists hadn't wanted to send man up into the sky in an effort to take out God, none of this would have happened!

We grea too haughty in our attempts to become like unto God and some paid the ultimate price.

Let us retreat to our caves and study only the holy writings of bronze age goat herders!

Either you read and follow the bible and nothing else...or you have the courage to explore and investigate the world for yourself. It's a very simple difference in philosophies.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
You realize that this fits the description of a Pseudoscience, right?
"Pseudoscience is any belief system or methodology which tries to gain legitimacy by wearing the trappings of science, but fails to abide by the rigorous methodology and standards of evidence that demarcate true science. Although pseudoscience is designed to have the appearance of being scientific, it lacks any of the substance of science."
Pseudoscience - RationalWiki

If you want to call it so, that is fine. Before kids start to learn real science, it is desirable to teach them a little bit correct pseudoscience. It is very important. In fact, teaching like this should begin at age 3, rather than at 4th grade.

Upvote 0

juvenissun

... and God saw that it was good.
Apr 5, 2007
Chicago
✟121,700.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
My biggest beef is that this is indeed being called science. If they want to teach this nonsense in a private school, that's their perogative, as long as they don't claim it is science. It is not science.

I said, it is pre-science. Students do not really learn any science before they entered college.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.