Bowling Green, KY
✟82,877.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
What a joke. You have no idea what Jesus actually believed or didn't believe.
That's true. Nothing that Jesus ever said was ever recorded in any form in any book. For all we knew He was a velociraptor who spoke Chinese.

I could post the verses for you again to prove my point, but having done so many times I believe it's a wasted effort.

Upvote 0

Loudmouth

Contributor
Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
✟98,005.00
Faith
Agnostic
That's true. Nothing that Jesus ever said was ever recorded in any form in any book. For all we knew He was a velociraptor who spoke Chinese.

I could post the verses for you again to prove my point, but having done so many times I believe it's a wasted effort.

Those verses were not written by Jesus Christ.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
So you're privy to my Employment History & Skills ?
You know the exact School that made this abomination of a test ?
And you know their current Hiring practices ?
I don't have to be a Miss Cleo or a Rhodes scholar to know they would probably tell you to take a hike.

(Correction: They would probably say, "Don't call us, we'll call you.")

Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,459.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Fine -- then let's put it succinctly.

You would never make it on their payroll -- so you would neither hire nor fire them.

How's that?

I don't have to be a Miss Cleo or a Rhodes scholar to know they would probably tell you to take a hike.

(Correction: They would probably say, "Don't call us, we'll call you.")

So now we're going from "Never" to "Probably" based on what ?
Amazing how you keep changing the story.

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Upvote 0

pgp_protector

Noted strange person
Dec 17, 2003
Earth For Now
Visit site
✟393,459.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
I'm not sure what that means, but religious discrimination when hiring from the general public can be a dangerous game if that is what you are implying.
I don't know what country you're from ... you have a ... um ... well ... your profile lacks that information; but for the record, I don't believe a Christian academy has to hire someone that is going to come in, planning to teach contrary to what was on that quiz.

I don't know, myself, but he may have to sign an agreement or something, saying he will teach from textbooks authorized by the school.

Again, I don't know ... but I have a feeling PGP would get the "Don't call us, we'll call you" dismissal -- and deservedly so.

Upvote 0

Lucy Stulz

Apr 3, 2013
✟1,937.00
Faith
Other Religion
Marital Status
Married
To keep the tares out of the wheat.

And the educated out of the classroom.

Seems that if they dislike science so much they would do less damage if they just DIDN'T teach a "science" class as opposed to teaching that stuff.

It is one thing to dislike the science, it is an entirely other thing to teach kids made up stuff.

Upvote 0

StormanNorman

Mar 5, 2013
✟15,795.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Single
I don't know what country you're from ... you have a ... um ... well ... your profile lacks that information; but for the record, I don't believe a Christian academy has to hire someone that is going to come in, planning to teach contrary to what was on that quiz.

I don't know, myself, but he may have to sign an agreement or something, saying he will teach from textbooks authorized by the school.

Again, I don't know ... but I have a feeling PGP would get the "Don't call us, we'll call you" dismissal -- and deservedly so.

Well, they would probably just be far more polite and discrete about it than your description cuz they wouldn't say you can't work here because you're not one of the "saved".....else the "saved" would be facing a serious law suit (just read your state's and the fed's anti-discriminatory laws)

Religious Discrimination

Upvote 0

AV1611VET

SCIENCE CAN TAKE A HIKE
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2006
Guam
✟4,909,532.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Well, they would probably just be far more polite and discrete about it than your description cuz they wouldn't say you can't work here because you're not one of the "saved".....else the "saved" would be facing a serious law suit (just read your state's and the fed's anti-discriminatory laws)

Religious Discrimination
The way you worded it ... yes ... you're making it look like religious discrimination.

But if someone was hired with the expectation of ... say ... teaching the materials provided by the school, and they refused to comply -- teaching, instead, something that would make Richard Dawkins smile ... then they need not continue employment there.

Even you would agree with that, wouldn't you?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mr Strawberry

Jan 20, 2012
Great Britain
✟12,542.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
In Relationship
Will they go on to do anything productive?

They might unknowingly end up as anti-creationism adverts on Christian websites as a result of the contents of the posts they produce at the end of their 'education'. A bit like a photo of lifelong smoker hooked up to a ventilator in an anti-smoking advert. You could argue that that is productive I suppose.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.