Visit site
✟5,655.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Engaged
DURANG0 said:
4. The Abundance of Short-period comets v.s. its average life-span
Ignores the source of these comets: the Kuiper belt and the Oort cloud.

5. Io being geologically active
Due to gravitational tidal forces exerted by Jupiter.

8. Turbulance & instability of Saturn's Rings
Ignores the presence of 'shepherd' satellites within the rings.

15. Controversy over our Shrinking Sun
No controversy. The Sun isn't shrinking. The spurious trend arose from various changes in instrumentation, and the paper in question was withdrawn before publication.

16. The White Dwarf Star Sirius B Mystery
No mystery, other than how Hovind can be su stupid. Sirius A is the red star which ancient astronomers observed. Sirius B is the white dwarf.

17. The Missing Mass Problem
What problem?

18. Velocity of Light Deccaying with Time idea
No evidence of any substantial change. Only very vague circumstantial evidence of any change whatsoever.

19. Lack of Helium in Earth's Atmosphere
Helium is removed by diffusion and by the polar winds.

20. Problems with Radioactive Clocks
What problems?

26. The Second Law of Thermodynamics
What about it?

38. Rotation of the Earth - Rotation much to fast by evolutionary standards
No, it isn't. In fact, it serves as a pretty good check on the accuracy of radiometric dating.

39. Ocean Sediment - Rate of sediment added to the oceans precludes an old ocean
Ignores processes which remove sediment.

42. Population Statistics
Population growth is not exponential.

54. Age of Meteorites/Earth & Allende
All nicely consistent, thank you.

75. Sirius B White Dwarf & observation
Haven't we been here before?

Upvote 0

aziel92

Jan 5, 2004
Bay City
✟232.00
Faith
Protestant
"I am only 17 years old, and I know that what science tells us is true."

Please do not fall into this line of thinking! If scientists for the last 500 yrs or whatever really believed this to be true we would still think that the earth is flat. Science and scientist are often wrong and for a variety of reasons. I bet you can think of a dozen things that you were taught and then later it was found to be untrue in the scientific realm. This is kind of a stupid example but take hormone replacement therapy, used to be good now its bad. and now they are seriously beginning to think that high cholesterol is not what causes heart disease (with lots of valid reasons), even though this is something that has been accepted and taught for quite a long time. When someone says that evolution is a faith or a religion they say it for these exact reasons. People blindly accept whatever they are taught by scientist and have more faith in science (or evolution) than anything else like God.

When you get to college, if you pursue any science degrees they will teach you that scientific journal articles and scientists can be wrong, the data can and often is misconstrued and that scientists are always arguing over thier theories. One thing I repeatedly had to do was read a research article and then critique it giving reasons why I thought is was a good study or bad or valid or invalid etc... But this is ok because it is the basis for free thought and critiical thinking!!!

Upvote 0

Hydra009

bel esprit
Oct 28, 2003
Raleigh, NC
✟18,036.00
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
See, here's what really happened. God created the world in the literal Genesis way. So dinosaurs and humans lived together because dinosaurs were herbivores back then and people lived to be 120 years old. Then the dinosaurs died out about 3,000 years ago (3,000 years after the creation of the universe) because of an asteroid impact which did not affect any other species. Then people were building the Tower of Babel, but God confused their language so they couldn't understand each other, and they spread across the world, leading up to us. Make sense? ;)

Reactions: ThePhoenix
Upvote 0

Aduro Amnis

Self-proclaimed reincarnation of Eugene V. Debs
Dec 21, 2003
Arkansas
Visit site
✟17,220.00
Faith
Atheist
Politics
US-Others
Durango but Io is volcanicly active because of tidal force between it and Jupiter,
sorry to bust you stupidity bubble, I'll try and find articles that disprove all of the things on your list if I get the chance :D.

Upvote 0

pureone

Evolution =/= atheism
Oct 20, 2003
✟1,331.00
Faith
Agnostic
obediah001 said:
See drdino.com to flesh out dinos & the genesis account!
yes, go to Dr. Dino. See what nonsense he spouts and the amazing lack of reason.
If dinos lived with humans, how come no fossilized dino poop has human remains in it? Afterall, we are tasty morsels, soft and chewy and easy targets....

Upvote 0

Pete Harcoff

PeteAce - In memory of WinAce
Jun 30, 2002
✟9,874.00
Faith
Other Religion
DURANG0 said:
We also must not forget the decay of the magnetic field of the earth which STRONGLY indicate a young earth.

Except the Earth's magnetic field reverses (which there is geological evidence for). The Sun undergoes a similar process, except it decays and reverses every twenty years or so (IIRC).

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums