Country
United States
Faith
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Others
Answer a few questions for me first:

1. What types of photos do you usually take? (Landscapes, portraits, sports, wildlife, etc.)
2. What is your budget?
3. What knowledge do you have of photography, and how much do you wish to learn?

Upvote 0

Dzhessika

Lovin' God's beautiful handiwork!
Jul 12, 2004
Vancouver,Washington
✟16,213.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Answer a few questions for me first:

1. What types of photos do you usually take? (Landscapes, portraits, sports, wildlife, etc.)
2. What is your budget?
3. What knowledge do you have of photography, and how much do you wish to learn?

1 . Usually pictures of my pug ,sometimes landscape and occasionally me lol

2. Preferrably under or around 100

3. Not a whole lot I know how to take a picture my brother had one and then went and sold it on me boo! I just want a camera for when I go on vacation I can take pictures with and what not time to upgrade from the lovely disposables.

Upvote 0

Sketcher

Born Imperishable
Feb 23, 2004
✟380,049.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
Usually pictures of my pug ,sometimes landscape and occasionally me lol
Get one with the highest shudder speed you can (within your price range). This is denoted in fractions of a second. The smaller the fraction, the higher the speed. This is useful for taking pictures of moving things - such as quick-moving dogs which don't really understand the concept of photography.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Amber.ly

Predictably eccentric and honestly hypocritical
Mar 1, 2010
Gone- PM if you need me
✟22,486.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I bought a Nikon S3000 last week from Best Buy and love it for a point and shoot. It was $140 but I also needed a camera that could take good videos so you may not need that option.

I love anything Nikon really though. I also have a Nikon D60 and adore it. They make really great cameras.

Upvote 0

Inkachu

Bursting with fruit flavor!
Jan 31, 2008
Somewhere between Rivendell and Rohan
✟62,966.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
It shouldn't be hard to find something within your budget if all you want is to take pictures (I had to have something capable of taking a decent amount of video). Also, try to find something with a rechargable battery, it'll save you tons of money and hassle from always having to pop new batteries in. Also, see how much money you'll need to spend on a memory card (unless you plan to take like, 5 pictures at a time, and that's it), and don't forget a good, hard carrying case! I don't like the soft ones because if you drop it, your camera isn't protected.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Qyöt27

AMV Editor At Large
Apr 2, 2004
St. Petersburg, Florida
✟81,859.00
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Others
Not that it'll help, but I'd go with Olympus, personally. I got mine (a C-740, which has probably been out of production for a long time) for graduation six years ago and don't have any complaints. It does seem as if the memory card greatly affects the readiness speed, though - it's pretty snappy when using the 16MB one it came with, but the 512MB card I got later needs a couple of seconds after each picture to save correctly (this is because the two cards were branded with different speed settings, of course). Now if only I'd realized sooner that it didn't actually require those expensive CR-V3 batteries and could take regular alkaline AA's...oh well, I know it now.

Upvote 0