Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
If most of you have the same God, the same spirit and the same basic faith, why are you always arguing with each other.

Is the spirit of God divided?

You say Gods spirit speaks to you, so why all the confusion.

And don't tell me it's your flesh, I'm not buying into that.

DarthNeo

Oct 7, 2016
Tampa, FL
✟20,882.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
If most of you have the same God, the same spirit and the same basic faith, why are you always arguing with each other.

It is man's PRIDE, needing to be "right." One ultimate truth we all agree on, the ONLY way a person can be saved is through FAITH in Jesus Christ...

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
It is man's PRIDE, needing to be "right." One ultimate truth we all agree on, the ONLY way a person can be saved is through FAITH in Jesus Christ...
By which true Christians receive the Holy Spirit, and for some reason most things they say never line up with each other. Each true Christian knows the truth, but what they know differs from each other true Christian.

How is this possible?

The bible was written by many people with the same spirit all true Christians have today, yet every Christian accepts that every book written lines up with every other book.

Shouldn't most of everything true Christians say today line up with each other, if it is coming from the same spirit?

Upvote 0

2PhiloVoid

Other scholars got to me before you did!
Site Supporter
Oct 28, 2006
The Void!
✟1,133,186.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

For the same reasons that Paul argued with Peter and Barnabas. :rolleyes:

Reactions: Phil 1:21
Upvote 0

section9+1

Mar 12, 2017
US
✟81,403.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Siblings squabble all the time but still remain members of the same family. If I were to go to my neighbors house and start critiquing his family, I wouldn't get very far. As long as his family does me no harm and stays legal, I need to mind my own business.

Upvote 0

introverteen

Site Supporter
May 2, 2017
Spirit
✟46,033.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Private

You don't buy into the obvious fact that all humans regardless of religion complicate things for no reason other than to feel a sense of superiority?

Upvote 0

GeorgeJ

<Insert Custom Title Here>
Jul 25, 2016
USA
Visit site
✟70,608.00
Country
United States
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Married
Shouldn't most of everything true Christians say today line up with each other, if it is coming from the same spirit?
Yup, but the sad truth is that the great majority of Christians who insist they are "listening to the spirit" or "the spirit is telling me so-and-so" are only following what they've been taught or their own mind/feelings.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Yup, but the sad truth is that the great majority of Christians who insist they are "listening to the spirit" or "the spirit is telling me so-and-so" are only following what they've been taught or their own mind/feelings.
Yeah that's what I suspect, the Holy Spirit shouldn't be saying different things about the same subject. The fact that it does makes me think that these are other spirits: As described below

1 John 4:1
Dear friends, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

But what is the test for false spirits.

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
You don't buy into the obvious fact that all humans regardless of religion complicate things for no reason other than to feel a sense of superiority?
But that doesn't mean that Christians who say the spirit is communicating with them should be contradicting each other.

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Siblings squabble all the time but still remain members of the same family. If I were to go to my neighbors house and start critiquing his family, I wouldn't get very far. As long as his family does me no harm and stays legal, I need to mind my own business.
The spirit of God has no family, that is only our fleshy preoccupation.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

1watchman

Overseer
Site Supporter
Oct 9, 2010
Washington State
✟358,358.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
By which true Christians receive the Holy Spirit, and for some reason most things they say never line up with each other. Each true Christian knows the truth, but what they know differs from each other true Christian.

How is this possible?

The bible was written by many people with the same spirit all true Christians have today, yet every Christian accepts that every book written lines up with every other book.

God also speaks of the flesh of man (carnality) and that can be a powerful influence, even to a real spiritual "born again" believer in the Lord Jesus, the Christ of God.

One who knows and trusts God needs to seek ALWAYS to honor God in all they say, do, or think, as well as obey His immutable Word. Some Christians read parts of the Bible and others read "all the counsel of God", but the flesh is always stirred up by the enemy of our soul to please self. It takes genuine determination to live for the Lord and seek to honor Him ---whether a seeker or a real saint.

Upvote 0

chriscomplex

Apr 24, 2017
Brisbane
✟16,518.00
Country
Australia
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
AU-Labor
Were not the prophets and the apostles effected by the flesh as well? Then why is it that Christians believe that each book written by Gods spirit through these fleshy men all line up.

:They have the the same spirit from God
:They are effected by the flesh the same way

Yet Christians all over trust the bible to be 100% infallible.

Upvote 0