United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Hogan Gidley: Trump’s RNC will dismiss notion America is 'evil'

President Trump will be focusing his platform at the Republican National Convention on what makes America the “greatest idea ever realized,” Trump 2020 Campaign National Press Secretary Hogan Gidley told “Fox & Friends Weekend.”

Gidley argued that the DNC last week sent a message that America is “evil” and is the cause of the world’s problems.

“That's just not the way we see America,” he said. “It's the greatest idea ever realized. And the president is going to talk about how this is the land of opportunity, the land of heroes, the land of promise, the land of greatness.”

Pavel Mosko

Arch-Dude of the Apostolic
Site Supporter
Oct 4, 2016
Boyertown, PA.
✟768,575.00
Country
United States
Faith
Oriental Orthodox
Marital Status
Single
America is not an "idea"; it's a country which has borders, citizens, culture, etc.

Yeah I noticed that other thread that was posted the responses to the Question about a political party allowing or not speaking out against violence. If you could or would vote for it.

Very interesting the defensiveness over that general post, even though the Democrats were not directly mentioned. Meanwhile people are upset over Trump retweeting Brandon Straka's "let the blue cities rot"....

Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
America as a wonderful idea is nothing more than a wonderful idea, it is not a platform. Show us a platform. In 2016 Trump promised much but delivered next to nothing except some exceptionally cringe worthy moments and an administration that ranged from the inept to the criminal. Lay out a real platform and then follow through.

Reactions: Jamsie
Upvote 0

JackRT

Site Supporter
Oct 17, 2015
small town Ontario, Canada
✟767,295.00
Country
Canada
Faith
Unorthodox
Marital Status
Married
Trump has done a lot for Christians and the US.

Some want to remove God from Country.
Doing a pretty good job.

Trump supports Country and God.

M

M

Trump uses God and country to support himself.

Upvote 0

Nokomis

Aug 17, 2020
Arkansas
✟15,136.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian Seeker
Marital Status
In Relationship
Trump uses God and country to support himself.

Unfortunately, Trump has become the representation of Conservative Christianity and the Republican Party. And that's the reason why I've disavowed both. I can't, in good conscience, be a part of either one any more because of Trump and his supporters defending him like he is some Christian Saint.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
America is not an "idea"

Ronald Reagan disagreed. He said it was an idea, a new idea that made this land "a shining city on a hill."

Well, America became more than "a story," or a "byword" -- more than a sterile footnote in history. I have quoted John Winthrop's words more than once on the campaign trail this year -- for I believe that Americans in 1980 are every bit as committed to that vision of a shining "city on a hill," as were those long ago settlers."
Let's say that again. America is the idea that you can invest yourselves in making a better life, and it will not be stolen from you. People came from Europe, where the crown was absolute. Religious oppression was pervasive. And the divide between rich and poor was so incredibly wide that today's leftists aren’t able to comprehend it. Everything depended on what family you were born into and who you knew. Your birth status determined your life status. But that wasn't true in America.

https://www.americanthinker.com/articles/2018/07/what_is_america.html

• Agree
Reactions: FreeinChrist
Upvote 0

Mountainmanbob

Goat Whisperer
Site Supporter
Sep 6, 2016
✟1,096,353.00
Country
United States
Faith
Calvinist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Liz Peek: Trump's turn for convention – here's the key difference between president and Biden

Also, the RealClearPolitics average of betting odds shows Biden’s chances drooping every day of the convention; on Aug. 17 he was up by 15.2 points; Sunday pros judged him 12.8 percent more likely to win. At the beginning of the month, he was up by 25.

Who is surprised? Over four evenings, Democrats wallowed in the most depressing rending of garments ever seen on national television.

Rather than celebrating the obvious advances made by black Americans, including the election (twice) of our first African American president and now the first woman of color on a major party ticket, Democrats put combatting racism at the heart of their program

This was a confusing choice, since Democrats presumably have the African American vote locked up. Perhaps it signals concern over recent polling that shows only 47% of Black voters under the age of 30 in swing states planning to vote for Joe Biden; or maybe Democrats think that in the wake of George Floyd’s murder, the country places racial concerns above all others.

Upvote 0

Redwingfan9

Jul 23, 2019
Midwest
✟70,636.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
America is not an "idea"; it's a country which has borders, citizens, culture, etc.
Both concepts can be correct. America started as an idea in self governance, something that had not been tried since the Roman Republic. That it also has borders, citizens and a culture can also be true.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Also, the RealClearPolitics average of betting odds shows Biden’s chances drooping every day of the convention; on Aug. 17 he was up by 15.2 points; Sunday pros judged him 12.8 percent more likely to win. At the beginning of the month, he was up by 25.

I've been watching it every day. You were taken on that one. Biden's average RCP average lead over Trump was never 25 points. Here's what it looks like:
upload_2020-8-24_8-6-13.png

It fluctuates, occasionally just into double digits, but usually 7 to 9 points ahead. Someone's taken advantage of your trust in them.

Who is surprised? Over four evenings, Democrats wallowed in the most depressing rending of garments ever seen on national television.

Well, let's see what FOX says...
Fox News thinks Joe Biden’s DNC speech was “a home run”

Trump won’t be happy with Fox News’s rave reviews of Biden’s speech.
Fox News thinks Joe Biden’s DNC speech was "a home run"

Dana Perino, who was White House Press Secretary under George W. Bush, offered probably the most glowing evaluation of any member of the group.

“The other night I said that Michelle Obama stuck the landing. I think keeping with that theme that Joe Biden just hit a home run in the bottom of the ninth,” Perino said.

“He had pace, rhythm, energy, emotion and delivery. I think if he looks back, he’s got to say that was probably the best speech of his life. He really just took the moment, and I love that.”

Chris Wallace, meanwhile, had some thoughts about what Biden’s excellent performance Thursday means for Donald Trump’s depiction of Biden as “sleepy.”

“I thought it was an enormously effective speech. Remember, Donald Trump has been talking for months about Joe Biden as mentally shot, a captive of the left. And I guess Biden was reading from a teleprompter in a prepared speech, but I thought he blew a hole, a big hole, in that characterization,” Chris Wallace said.

“It seems to me that after tonight, Donald Trump is going to have to run against a candidate, not a caricature. The Democrats have had a good convention. Now it’s the Republicans’ turn.”
Fox News Panelists Give Biden's DNC Speech Rave Reviews: 'A Home Run' (Video)

I think that like most Trump followers, you're too obsessed with race; it's going to be about other things this time.

Upvote 0

grasping the after wind

That's grasping after the wind
Jan 18, 2010
Clarence Center NY USA
✟237,637.00
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others

The Declaration and Constitution were ideas that led to the ability of those citizens within those borders to claim their rights were not granted by government but innate and inalienable. Those ideas being admitted as true and codified by the founding documents of the country, not the ideas in themselves which had been expressed by many individuals prior to 1776, was what was revolutionary and unique to that point in human history. The ideas took a while to fully sink in and, as all governments inevitably do, full compliance with the founding ideas are not ever going to be allowed by those running the government. The populace, however, is still the arbiter of how far they are willing to allow the government to usurp their rights. I don't know if any other government has yet deigned to assent to saying it is the individual that owns those rights and not the government that grants them. I would be happy to hear that other governments have done so.

Upvote 0

Albion

Facilitator
Dec 8, 2004
✟583,842.00
Country
United States
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Is it true that Biden has requested the measurements of the White House basement?
Probably come out every four years?
M
I just heard, out of the corner of my hearing, that the President will speak on each of the four days of the Republican convention. Can any of us even imagine Joe Biden coming out into the land of the voters long enough to do THAT? Surely not. That would have been the last thing Biden would have agreed to do at the Democratic National Convention, even by remote telecast.

So what does this say about him as president being capable of handling almost any international or domestic crisis??

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Both concepts can be correct. America started as an idea in self governance, something that had not been tried since the Roman Republic. That it also has borders, citizens and a culture can also be true.

Good post, but there were examples of self-government, notably in city-states in Italy, in Novgorod, and a few other places. Where America was unique was in applying self-government to a large and diverse nation. It had never been applied on that scale before.

Hence Lincoln's comments in the Gettysburg address, as to whether such a nation could long endure.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,376.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Can any of us even imagine Joe Biden coming out into the land of the voters long enough to do THAT?

On the day that Trump was at his ritzy, exclusive country club in Bedminster, New Jersey, that reportedly has a $350,000 admission fee, Biden did what so many typical Americans do for recreation: He rode a bike.
The former vice president, who was wearing a mask, was accompanied on his bicycle ride by a few others on the streets of his home state of Delaware when they were approached by Fox News' Peter Doocy. The Fox reporter yelled at the bike-riding Biden: "Mr. Vice President have you picked a running mate yet?" to which Biden responded, "Yeah I have." Doocy then followed up, "You have? Who is it?" to which Biden jokingly replied, "You!"
That exchange not only aired on Fox News, it went viral on social media. And then almost on cue Saturday afternoon, around the same time Biden was on his bicycle, Trump tweeted out from the posh confines of his country club one of his go-to attack lines against the former VP, calling him "Sleepy Joe Biden."
The irony was delicious. There's Biden briskly riding a bicycle while Trump is at his private country club, where the only exercise he seems to get is getting in and out of his golf cart.
Twitter helped as the hashtag "Trump Can't ride a Bike" got traction online, with one anti-Trumper juxtaposing video footage of Biden riding his bicycle with Trump struggling to walk down a ramp after delivering the commencement address in June at West Point.

... a poll in early July found that 52% of voters believe Biden has both the mental and physical stamina to be president versus only 45% for Trump.
But here's an idea that might convince even higher numbers. Instead of a fourth debate that Trump's team wants, why not hold a good old-fashioned bicycle race between the two?!
I can't even imagine how many will tune in just to see if Trump can even balance on a bicycle, let alone ride
Joe Biden just destroyed one of Trump's biggest attack lines (opinion) - CNN

You think Bunker Boy would come out and go for a race with Biden? Not very likely, um?

Upvote 0