Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
Diego Maradona has died from a heart attack just days after turning 60.

The Argentinian football legend died at home, his lawyer said, just three weeks after having surgery on a blot clot in his brain.​

Diego Maradona dead: Football legend dies of a heart attack just two weeks after hospital release | Daily Mail Online

It is a sad day for Argentina and really, for any fans of the game. The world has lost an absolute legend.

691597A9-2F5E-4E21-9850-2CFCBCD60202.jpeg

• Agree
Reactions: MIDutch

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Diego Maradona has died from a heart attack just days after turning 60.

The Argentinian football legend died at home, his lawyer said, just three weeks after having surgery on a blot clot in his brain.​

Diego Maradona dead: Football legend dies of a heart attack just two weeks after hospital release | Daily Mail Online

It is a sad day for Argentina and really, for any fans of the game. The world has lost an absolute legend.

View attachment 289391
A man with flaws, but whose talent was unquestioned.

I have never been a fan of his but I do recognize his legendary stature in the game of football.

• Friendly
Reactions: GoldenBoy89
Upvote 0

GoldenBoy89

We're Still Here
Sep 25, 2012
LA
✟555,035.00
Country
United States
Faith
Humanist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Democrat
A man with flaws, but whose talent was unquestioned.

I have never been a fan of his but I do recognize his legendary stature in the game of football.
Certainly not any kind of role model but there was no denying his incredible talent. He led Argentina to a World Cup victory and for that, the country is eternally grateful.

Upvote 0

MIDutch

Apr 3, 2020
Detroit
✟75,674.00
Country
United States
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Certainly not any kind of role model but there was no denying his incredible talent. He led Argentina to a World Cup victory and for that, the country is eternally grateful.
It could have been 2 World Cup championships. I really thought Argentina had a good enough squad to go to the final in 1994 in the US and with Maradonna in the lineup they always had a chance of winning, but his being sent home from that World Cup for a drug violation demolished the confidence of that team (they got beat by Romania in the round of 16) and tarnished his reputation for the rest of his life.

Upvote 0

Whyayeman

Dec 8, 2018
Worcestershire
✟161,415.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Married
Yes, sad news, especially for his many fans. He had a rare talent.

If I thought there was a Heaven guarded by those Pearly Gates, I hope St Peter is having a day off and St George is on duty.

'Now, Diego, about the hand of God...'

• Haha
Reactions: Hmm
Upvote 0

Goonie

Not so Mystic Mog.
Site Supporter
Jun 13, 2015
UK
✟1,148,098.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Single
Yes, sad news, especially for his many fans. He had a rare talent.

If I thought there was a Heaven guarded by those Pearly Gates, I hope St Peter is having a day off and St George is on duty.

'Now, Diego, about the hand of God...'
And he'd reply "your Cappadocian, why do you care?"

Upvote 0