Larry

Fundamentalist Christian
Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
✟2,635.00
Faith
Christian
Mistyfogg said:
I guess curiosity got the best of me and I watched it. It was extremely disturbing. I thought I would be prepared because I have dissected cadavers and like to watch surgeries in the OR at the hopital I volunteer at, but nothing can prepare you for seeing pure brutality. I can only hope that he was already dead before the beheading since there was a lack of gushing blood and he did not jerk around like expected.

I don't know what quality video you saw, but I sure saw a pool of blood. Also, his feet were bound, his hands were tied behind his back, one of the terrorists was using his full weight to pin down Berg's legs, another was using his full weight to pin down Berg's back, while another had a hold of Berg's head. I really don't see a whole lot of possibility for wiggle room.

Upvote 0

Larry

Fundamentalist Christian
Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
✟2,635.00
Faith
Christian
the_cheat said:
Yes.

However, I am inclined to believe that the Abu Ghraib photos are not faked, as the woman in many of the photos has admitted to their veracity. Photographic evidence is only sound when backed by other evidence.

As well as I am inclined to believe that the Berg video was not faked. The coroner's report confirms how he died.

Upvote 0

Mistyfogg

Oct 30, 2003
✟9,034.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Larry said:
As well as I am inclined to believe that the Berg video was not faked. The coroner's report confirms how he died.
Others have also claimed that maybe he was drugged during before the beheading...do you happen to know if the coroner found any drugs in his system?? Do you know who did the report on him (an American or an Iraqi)? Just curious if anyone else had heard something new.

Upvote 0

Tarheel25

May 26, 2004
Chicago
✟204.00
Faith
Non-Denom
The video was disgusting, and only saw part of it, as I had to turn away. I do some grief counseling for teens. A seminar I went to wanted us to get an idea of what happened, and if something like this ever happened to kids we knew how we could deal with them. I almost walked out of the class, but I figured it could make me realize how much I appreciate this country and the freedoms we have been blessed with. My best friend just got back from Israel for work with GE, and why anyone would want to live there is beyond me. It is war there daily for them and like prison for many.

Upvote 0

Mistyfogg

Oct 30, 2003
✟9,034.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
Larry said:
Is it me, or is it that some just refuse to believe that the video is just what it is....the brutal murder, by decapitation, of Nick Berg?

Is there some political motivation that makes some obsessed with the notion that the video was faked?

Just what is it? :scratch:
Did I ever say that I refuse to believe it?? I look to examine all sides of something before I make a conclusion. The video raises more questions than answers and I like to get behind the issues and inform myself of the truth. I am not jumping to conclusions and thinking up wild conspiracy theories, give me more credit than that.

Do you have another source that isn't someone's webblog? I like to look at unbiased opinions.....like maybe someone who is a medical professional.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Larry

Fundamentalist Christian
Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
✟2,635.00
Faith
Christian
Mistyfogg said:
Did I ever say that I refuse to believe it?? I look to examine all sides of something before I make a conclusion. The video raises more questions than answers and I like to get behind the issues and inform myself of the truth. I am not jumping to conclusions and thinking up wild conspiracy theories, give me more credit than that.

Do you have another source that isn't someone's webblog? I like to look at unbiased opinions.....like maybe someone who is a medical professional.

I was not directing my remarks specifically at you. So, unless they apply to you, you shouldn't have any problems with them. ;)

Upvote 0

crystalpc

Veteran
Jan 11, 2004
Just this side of heaven
Visit site
✟16,754.00
Faith
Pentecostal
Marital Status
Politics
US-Constitution
mhatten said:
Did you watch the video (the beheading) released Tuesday, if so why or why not?

I am curious as tot he breakdown on who wacthed and who didn't.

Edited to Add:

Dear Lord,

Forgive me for getting his name wrong in the poll question. His name is Nicholas.

Edited yet again to thank Joyfulbeliever for correcting the name in the poll question.
I couldn't bear to watch it...don't want to see it. What a horror.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
See the poll tells why the world has been a constant violent state, MEN. I knew the majority of the watchers would be men. I also believe that most women didn't watch not because we can't "stomach that sort of thing" but what purpose does it serve to watch a man have his head cutoff? None. IMHO

Upvote 0