Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
We're fighting against the type of people who did this. Believe me, I regret watching it, but felt I "needed" to so I could try and understand.

*nods* Now this is something that I can understand. I can only speak for myself, but I come from a very different background than some. I have lead a very sheltered life in many ways, and have been kept free of true violence. For me, it was hard to actually understand that someone could be so full of evil as to do something like that. It was one thing to hear someone say that a person was beheaded. For as many books and movies as I've ingested, I have an idea of what that entails. However, movies and literature cannot touch the depravity of such a disgusting act. Having never been exposed to something like that, having never seen anyone die, it becomes something hard for me to wrap my brain around. So, I took the opportunity to educate myself, to shed a little bit of the innocence that still clings to me, and to have more of an understanding about what it really is that we are fighting against each day. It's easy to say that you fight against evil, and hard to truly understand it if you've never seen it.

I'll say that it made me sick, and I'm glad that it did. I hope that every day of my life I become sick at the reality of evil, that I always understand the importance of life and what a gift it is. For whomever made the comment about Nick Berg possibly deserving his fate, that's just disturbing. The man was working to fix communications in Iraq, to help the people. He was a civilian. It was said that his murder was in retaliation for the abuse of the abused prisoners, as though it makes their abhorent behavior justified. What the soldiers did to the prisoners of war was disgusting. No person should ever be treated that way. However, for anyone to think that slowly sawing off an innocent man's head in retaliation is justified, well... may God have mercy on them.

Upvote 0

Billnew

Legend
Apr 23, 2004
Ohio
Visit site
✟35,363.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
I did not watch, but I did here the audio on Hannity's radio show.
It was nauseating, vicious and shows the kind of people we are at war with.
(war on terror Not necc. Iraq)

It was not a sword or axe decapititation, but they sawed the mans head off with a knife, while he was alive. No, not chopped
The screaming went on for 30 seconds. They were chanting:
God is great to drown out his screams.

I do not recommend the video for anyone but the strongest willed.
I have been a nurse for 10 years and a EMT for 1 year. Nothing can discribe just the sound.

These people must never get in power anywhere. They would do this to anyone they could get a hold of. Man Woman or child.
They worship the horned one and try to name it Alah.
And the number is 6...6....6.

Upvote 0

loribee59

Beautiful hearts and minds makes me swoon! :)
Mar 11, 2003
Keizer, OR
✟23,001.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Republican
Jenna said:
[/font]

*nods* Now this is something that I can understand. I can only speak for myself, but I come from a very different background than some. I have lead a very sheltered life in many ways, and have been kept free of true violence. For me, it was hard to actually understand that someone could be so full of evil as to do something like that. It was one thing to hear someone say that a person was beheaded. For as many books and movies as I've ingested, I have an idea of what that entails. However, movies and literature cannot touch the depravity of such a disgusting act. Having never been exposed to something like that, having never seen anyone die, it becomes something hard for me to wrap my brain around. So, I took the opportunity to educate myself, to shed a little bit of the innocence that still clings to me, and to have more of an understanding about what it really is that we are fighting against each day. It's easy to say that you fight against evil, and hard to truly understand it if you've never seen it.

I'll say that it made me sick, and I'm glad that it did. I hope that every day of my life I become sick at the reality of evil, that I always understand the importance of life and what a gift it is. For whomever made the comment about Nick Berg possibly deserving his fate, that's just disturbing. The man was working to fix communications in Iraq, to help the people. He was a civilian. It was said that his murder was in retaliation for the abuse of the abused prisoners, as though it makes their abhorent behavior justified. What the soldiers did to the prisoners of war was disgusting. No person should ever be treated that way. However, for anyone to think that slowly sawing off an innocent man's head in retaliation is justified, well... may God have mercy on them.
Amen to that...well said! How can anyone fight or deal with evil, if they have not seen or heard or felt evil? Some Christians are too naive, innocent or simply ignorant regarding evil, and some of them don't have the tools or know how to fight evil. And with the head-in-the-sand attitude, the shame is on US as Christians for not standing up to evil and call it as it is.

And, no, I don't need to see the video, as I've got a pretty good imagination, and can pretty much know what entails in the decapitation. That I don't need in MY mind!

~Lori

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
mhatten said:
Did you watch the video (the beheading) released Tuesday, if so why or why not?
If we're going to be bombarded with the torture/humiliation pictures, I think everyone should see the beheading as well, so that we're forced to realize that we're dealing with animals, not humans.
Spike~ said:
I did. A bit grainy, but a good snuff film non-the-less. Well not good good, but as far as snuff films go, that was a gorey one.
Even after you qualified your "good" comment, this is a bad post.
PresidentsAnalyst said:
I see alot of drunken college brats at american universities that could use a good head chopping off. I see alot of Americans who never went to college in America that need their head chopped off.
Honest-to-God one of the dumbest posts ever.

I heard it on the radio as someone else mentioned. That was enough to make me physically ill. These people need to be dealt with. M

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
MichaelFJF said:
If we're going to be bombarded with the torture/humiliation pictures, I think everyone should see the beheading as well, so that we're forced to realize that we're dealing with animals, not humans.
M

Who are the animals we are dealing with, just how big is that paint brush?

So you prefer not to see the abuse pictures, why?

Upvote 0

LordsRanger

May 11, 2004
Lafayette, CA
✟15,225.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Jenna said:
[/font]

Amen. Props. Kudos.

Upvote 0

Deacon

Oct 16, 2003
Bartlett, Tennessee
✟3,206.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Single
Politics
US-Republican
I saw it....in fact I just watched it again. In fact I think I have seen it quite a few times...listened to the screams on the radio, watched the limited news coverage on it. I watched it out of hate for Islamic militants. I can handle the stuff. I have seen it all before. This wasn't a decapitation, this wasn't a beheading this was a damn savage animal attack.

Upvote 0

MichaelFJF

Nov 13, 2002
Utah
✟12,597.00
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Republican
mhatten said:
Who are the animals we are dealing with, just how big is that paint brush?

So you prefer not to see the abuse pictures, why?
Sometimes I wonder if people can actually read. Did I say I prefer not to see the abuse pictures? No. That being said, I think most people would rather not see them. However, if we're going to be reminded endlessly how bad Americans are, it's only fair that we're reminded about the tactics of the "people" we're trying to defeat. Oh - and the animals? They're the ones that chant while cutting off a civilian's head. M

Reactions: Paula
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
B

brinley45cal

Jenna said:
I admit to having watched it. *nods* It would probably have better for me to have not indulged my morbid curiosity at how any person could methodically done something like that. I have to say that I am struggling a great deal and praying often over the feelings that I am having toward people like that. How anyone could murder someone in such a cruel way while calling out praises to their god...... *shakes head* I'll just stop there before I start ranting in my anger.

I have to agree with every word you said same feeligs and everything.
I also saw the whole thing and i admit in my anger i went to a few other discussions going on about it in here and really went off.
With everything going on in the world today sometimes its hard to keep your flesh in line.
Lord forgive me for the things i have said.

Upvote 0

Jonathan David

Revolutionary Dancer
Jan 19, 2004
Home.... mostly
Visit site
✟13,856.00
Faith
Judaism
mhatten said:
Can the mods change it or would I have to start a new one. I don't want to be like JD and have 15 refined polls on the same subject and wouldn't want to get Jame's gander up ;)

Hey, that was a good poll.... eventually ;) ... actually, I would have rewritten it one more time if I could have.

As far as ths video goes, no way. I don't need to see it and I don't want to demean a man's death by making it a spectacle... plus, I don't think that I could deal with it.

Peace.

JD

Upvote 0

Larry

Fundamentalist Christian
Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
✟2,635.00
Faith
Christian
I watched the video so I could know for myself what happened. I watched the Rodney King Beating video as well...so I could know for myself what happened.

I saw the brutality the LAPD officers were using on Rodney King. But, in this day and age, slick lawers and stretched imagination makes what you really see - imagined.

I saw the brutality of Nick Berg's beheading. I saw the pool of blood flowing on the floor. I heard the screaming. But, in this day and age, 'experts' can make all this a myth.....especially to those who never saw the video.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Mistyfogg

Oct 30, 2003
✟9,034.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat
I guess curiosity got the best of me and I watched it. It was extremely disturbing. I thought I would be prepared because I have dissected cadavers and like to watch surgeries in the OR at the hopital I volunteer at, but nothing can prepare you for seeing pure brutality. I can only hope that he was already dead before the beheading since there was a lack of gushing blood and he did not jerk around like expected.

Upvote 0

Larry

Fundamentalist Christian
Mar 27, 2003
Visit site
✟2,635.00
Faith
Christian
the_cheat said:
I didn't watch it. I see no reason to. And while I don't necessarily doubt the veracity of this specific video, video in this day and age is no proof of anything. Someone with a certain set of computer skills, a laptop, a digicam and some pirated video editing software can make a video of anything anywhere.

Sure enough. I guess the same can be applied to the pics of the Abu Ghraib prisoners and the wedding video.

Where do you stand on those? Do these same rules apply?

Upvote 0
T

the_cheat

Larry said:
Sure enough. I guess the same can be applied to the pics of the Abu Ghraib prisoners and the wedding video.

Where do you stand on those? Do these same rules apply?
Yes.

However, I am inclined to believe that the Abu Ghraib photos are not faked, as the woman in many of the photos has admitted to their veracity. Photographic evidence is only sound when backed by other evidence.

Upvote 0