New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Did you watch the video (the beheading) released Tuesday, if so why or why not?

I am curious as tot he breakdown on who wacthed and who didn't.

Edited to Add:

Dear Lord,

Forgive me for getting his name wrong in the poll question. His name is Nicholas.

Edited yet again to thank Joyfulbeliever for correcting the name in the poll question.

Blessed75

Jun 24, 2003
✟5,134.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Bingo - my sentiments exactly.
Echoes Peak said:
The beheading? Nope. I figured I don't need to see it to get a general idea of how gruesome it was. Just as much as I don't feel the need to see someone being sexually assaulted to get a general idea of how demeaning it is.

Upvote 0

Echoes Peak

Willing Servant
Nov 4, 2003
✟8,900.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Private
Blessed75 said:
You mean the be-heading? I didn't watch it - why would I? There's enough disgusting, sad and down-right evil going on around us - why in God's name would I want to subject myself to something that is just going to fuel the flames more?
Ok, so Blessed had better wording than I did...but for those reasons, too;)

Maybe, that should also be a yes or no poll. Because I couldn't answer the thing.:D

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Echoes Peak said:
The beheading? Nope. I figured I don't need to see it to get a general idea of how gruesome it was. Just as much as I don't feel the need to see someone being sexually assaulted to get a general idea of how demeaning it is.

I did not either, I just felt what purpose does it serve to watch a murder.

Upvote 0

praying

Snazzy Title Goes Here
Site Supporter
Jan 9, 2004
New Jersey
✟86,040.00
Faith
Agnostic
Marital Status
Private
Politics
US-Democrat
Echoes Peak said:
Ok, so Blessed had better wording than I did...but for those reasons, too;)

Maybe, that should also be a yes or no poll. Because I couldn't answer the thing.:D

You are right, oops my bad. I am click happy. :D

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Jenna

Senior Veteran
Jun 13, 2002
Michigan
Visit site
✟4,598.00
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Constitution
I admit to having watched it. *nods* It would probably have better for me to have not indulged my morbid curiosity at how any person could methodically done something like that. I have to say that I am struggling a great deal and praying often over the feelings that I am having toward people like that. How anyone could murder someone in such a cruel way while calling out praises to their god...... *shakes head* I'll just stop there before I start ranting in my anger.

Upvote 0

Oblivious

Matthew 7:12
Nov 6, 2003
The Mile High City
✟31,244.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Jenna said:
I have to say that I am struggling a great deal and praying often over the feelings that I am having toward people like that. How anyone could murder someone in such a cruel way while calling out praises to their god...... *shakes head* I'll just stop there before I start ranting in my anger.
Yeah, that's where my thoughts are as well right now. :sigh:

I did not watch the video and have no desire to.

Upvote 0

Wilfred of Ivanhoe

Lord, Humble Me
Jan 25, 2004
Texas
Visit site
✟1,635.00
Faith
Protestant
Marital Status
Married
I havent' watched it. However, I just went to lunch with a co-worker and CNN had a clip of a video where the deceased is on his kness and I assume his murderors are standing over him. Just seeing that gets me pretty fired up. I don't think I could watch it. I think the worst part would be to see the guy's reaction as his execution begins.

I'd rather not watch because seeing something like that might make we want to do don my cross and set sail for the Holy Land, and I know that is not a Christian attitude.

Upvote 0