Did you watch the Coronation of Charles III?

Did you watch the Coronation of Charles III?

• yes

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • no

Votes: 10 71.4%

• Total voters
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
I didn't swear allegiance as an American, but even if I were of the Commonwealth I wouldn't have sworn either. There's is only one King to pledge allegiance to: Jesus Christ. But Charles III is God's anointed and for that I give him due respect.

Here in America, the Coronation started at 6am, which is fairly early for Americans to get up on Saturday--and that's on the East Coast, would have been 3am over in California!

My sister didn't get up to watch it and neither did my dad. I don't expect as many Americans to have watched it live, though they may watch clips later.

Upvote 0

PsaltiChrysostom

Mar 20, 2018
Virginia
✟69,966.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Married
No. He's not my king. Guess I'm just out of the loop, but I've never understood why so many Americans thrive on British royalty. Didn't we have a revolution to get away from that?
I think some of it is the romanticism and pageantry of the wedding of Charles and Diana in 1981. Yeah yeah, we know how that turned out, but it made a cultural impact on a lot of us growing up in the 80s. For me, Charles is a patron of Greek Orthodoxy and has visited Mt. Athos a few times. The oil that he was anointed with was made in Jerusalem. Earlier this year, the Patriarch of Jerusalem, His Beatitude Patriarch Theophilos III, and the Anglican Archbishop in Jerusalem, The Most Reverend Hosam Naoum, consecrated the holy oil in Jerusalem at the Church of the Holy Sepulchre.

Upvote 0

godisagardener

Romans 10:6-9, Ephesians 2:8-10
Jul 7, 2022
Texas
✟62,639.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Why is it so hard to understand that one may be interested in things and persons outside one's country?

It's not hard to understand at all. Actually I'm interested in a lot of what goes on both in my country and around the world. I love history and sociology. But I know individuals who become so totally immersed in people/things - the royals included - that their lives revolve around those things.

From what I've read, there are a great many in GB who are losing interest in the monarchy. On news clips I saw today there were many in the crowds of protesters holding signs which said "Not My King". Hmmm. And while pomp and circumstance can be good, at what cost? Perhaps the huge amount of money spent on the pomp could be used in better ways.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
It's not hard to understand at all. Actually I'm interested in a lot of what goes on both in my country and around the world. I love history and sociology. But I know individuals who become so totally immersed in people/things - the royals included - that their lives revolve around those things.

From what I've read, there are a great many in GB who are losing interest in the monarchy. On news clips I saw today there were many in the crowds of protesters holding signs which said "Not My King". Hmmm. And while pomp and circumstance can be good, at what cost? Perhaps the huge amount of money spent on the pomp could be used in better ways.

Queen Victoria believed that the Royal Family is the line of King David. It's written in Genesis 49:10 that the scepter shall not depart from between Judah's feet until Shiloh comes. I've looked into these theories about the Royal Family, and I personally believe it's true. Some will argue about but we'll know if the monarchy is ever dissolved--I don't think it ever will be, at least not until Christ returns and he appoints King David over Israel once again.

I saw a poll as well and there's a great age gap between pro and anti monarchy, and quite frankly, I think as Brits get older the anti-monarchist will become pro-monarchist. It's like how millennials received negative opinions because they were in college getting indoctrinated with woke and the older they get the more they reject the woke.

You get rid of the monarchy and you get rid of a huge chunk of the economy. They've become a tourist attraction now with very little power, and they do a lot of charitable things and set up foundations. If you get rid of the monarchy, likely many of their foundations and charities would disappear as well. So economically, it's not conducive to give them a shaft. They go to all those engagements to try and earn their keep.

My mom says that our politics are boring and prefers to stay up to date on the Royal Family Drama. I think there's two reasons 1.) It's not our problem and 2.) it replaces soap operas. and 3.) It's history in the making

But it is interesting that of ALL the royal families in the world the British Royal Family is THE Royal Family; not merely a Royal Family.

Upvote 0

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Dozens of people have been arrested during the King's Coronation

London's Metropolitan Police said 52 arrests were made for a range of reasons, and all remain in custody.

The arrest of anti-monarchy protesters earlier in the day has been labelled "alarming" by human rights groups.

The Met said it "understands" public concern, but that officers had acted proportionally under the law.

"Protest is lawful and it can be disruptive," Commander Karen Findlay, leading the day's operation, said - pointing to numerous protests that had been policed without any arrests.

What do you think?

Upvote 0

Benjamin Müller

May 19, 2018
Western New York
✟43,598.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
What do you think?
I personally don't think the protests should have been allowed during the coronation, it's just not proper in my opinion. He's their monarch, whether they like it or not. If they want to protest, they could do it before the coronation or afterwards, but not the day of. That ruins it for the people who actually care and want to be there to see the event. If I were law enforcement I would have sought for any legal route to forbid protests the day of. Yes freedom of speech is important, but I also believe in respecting the authorities whom God has set over us. Holding up a sign is not going to stop the coronation or suddenly end the monarchy. Lol. So, yes, I think being a 'public nuisance' was accurate.

Reactions: Red Gold
Upvote 0

Red Gold

Dec 28, 2019
Baden-Baden in the Black Forest, Germany
✟95,533.00
Country
Germany
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
I personally don't think the protests should have been allowed during the coronation, it's just not proper in my opinion. He's their monarch, whether they like it or not. If they want to protest, they could do it before the coronation or afterwards, but not the day of. That ruins it for the people who actually care and want to be there to see the event.
So I see it as well!

Upvote 0