• Welcome to Christian Forums
  1. Welcome to Christian Forums, a forum to discuss Christianity in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to be able to join in fellowship with Christians all over the world.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

2. The forums in the Christian Congregations category are now open only to Christian members. Please review our current Faith Groups list for information on which faith groups are considered to be Christian faiths. Christian members please remember to read the Statement of Purpose threads for each forum within Christian Congregations before posting in the forum.
  3. Please note there is a new rule regarding the posting of videos. It reads, "Post a summary of the videos you post . An exception can be made for music videos.". Unless you are simply sharing music, please post a summary, or the gist, of the video you wish to share.
  4. There have been some changes in the Life Stages section involving the following forums: Roaring 20s, Terrific Thirties, Fabulous Forties, and Golden Eagles. They are changed to Gen Z, Millennials, Gen X, and Golden Eagles will have a slight change.
  5. CF Staff, Angels and Ambassadors; ask that you join us in praying for the world in this difficult time, asking our Holy Father to stop the spread of the virus, and for healing of all affected.
  6. We are no longer allowing posts or threads that deny the existence of Covid-19. Members have lost loved ones to this virus and are grieving. As a Christian site, we do not need to add to the pain of the loss by allowing posts that deny the existence of the virus that killed their loved one. Future post denying the Covid-19 existence, calling it a hoax, will be addressed via the warning system.

Did you see the poll on sex during menses?

Discussion in 'Married Couples' started by SweetSerenity, Jun 21, 2006.

1. SweetSerenity

SweetSerenity New Member

+2
    Christian
    Married
    I thought it was against scripture...and it has caused me great angst....because my husband completely ignores my "no". He has done it to me twice and I feel completely violated....and unclean and unacceptable.

Leviticus 19Also you shall not have intercourse with a woman during her [menstrual period or similar] uncleanness.

But on the poll in this forum lots of people say they do....??? thoughts.

We teamed up with Faith Counseling. Can they help you today?
  2. Athene

Athene Grammatically incorrect Supporter

+1,099
    Anglican
    Married
    UK-Labour
    If your husband won't take no for an answer then I think you have bigger issues to deal with right now then whether it's wrong to have sex during a womans period.

Wearing cloth of two fibres is against scripture as well as eating shell fish, many of these old tribal laws have no place in todays society. Plus we know now, which we didn't then, that women aren't unclean during their period, and the menstrual blood is infact essential for fertility otherwise a fertilised egg would be unable to implant in the uterus.

3. MERCY@GRACE

[email protected] Well-Known Member

+151
    Non-Denom
    Married
    Please don't take this the wrong way, but unless he physically forced you to have sex while you were menstruating, leads me to have a hard time understanding your anger towards your hubby.

I didn't see the poll btw.

4. Redguard

Redguard Make It So, Number One!

+1,773
    Christian
    Married
    CA-Liberals
    There are some churches that still abide by the Mosaic laws. But my experience has shown that many do not since many adhere to the belief that we are saved by grace and not law (meaning to say that things of the old testament no longer apply).

That's why many Christians will eat foods like pork and shrimp, which are stated as being unclean in Leviticus.

5. HeyHomie

HeyHomie Senior Veteran

+218
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Republican
    I'll second what Athene said. Your husband forcing you to have sex is a much bigger issue than compliance with arcane Old Testament law, which doesn't apply to Christians anyway.

6. mrsperez

mrsperez Well-Known Member

+48
    Christian
    Married
    Ditto, Ditto, Ditto...............

7. Momma2H

Momma2H Legend

+503
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Republican
    Yeah, what everyone else said about if you're hubby is forcing you to do it.

I personally don't like sex during my period b/c I feel dirty and yucky. I'm glad my hubby doesn't want it then either. :)

8. snoochface

snoochface Meet the new boss -- same as the old boss.

+2,752
    Non-Denom
    Married
    US-Libertarian
    Obvious agreement with the ones who say your husband shouldn't be forcing you.

But nothing is forbidden between two willing adults in the marriage bed.

9. JulySheMustFly

JulySheMustFly Legend

+333
    Baptist
    Married
    US-Others
    I'm not going to say anything about the first part of your post because, well, your not asking about that.

As for the second part about Leviticus, it is my understanding that everything is permitted but not all is beneficial. I also understand that as a result of the grace gifted to us.

10. SweetSerenity

SweetSerenity New Member

+2
    Christian
    Married
    He shouldn't...but he does. Please pray for me.
    I wonder if I will ever understand what is expected of me as a Christian...

11. MERCY@GRACE

[email protected] Well-Known Member

+151
    Non-Denom
    Married
    I'm sory if my post was a bit insensitive. If he is manipulating, and guilting you into having sex while on your af, then he is wrong. I just wasn't sure if you were verbalizing your feelings to him or not. Sometimes I will let something bother me for a long time, thinking my dh knows what's wrong...and then when I FINALLY tell him, he replies...'well why didn't you tell me'. I have learned now, to tell him of the things that bother me (which isn't much) rather than to hold it in!

:pray:

12. RedTulipMom

RedTulipMom Legend

+5,375
    Nazarene
    Married
    US-Others
    If your husband is disrespecting your wishes to not have sex during your period then he is being very insensitive and selfish. I am sorry that you have to go through this! A husband should be loving and kind and understanding, apparently he is not, that is just not right! You need to tell him that you can't do it during that time because of your beliefs on it and he needs to respect your wishes. I hope he isnt forcing you to have sex. Sex is supposed to be a beautiful, loving exchange between 2 married people, not something that is forced, that is NOT LOVING! you really need to sit down and talk with your hubby and tell him what he is doing to you is wrong! Tell him how much he is hurting you!