Did you see the poll on sex during menses?

SweetSerenity

May 21, 2006
✟15,170.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I thought it was against scripture...and it has caused me great angst....because my husband completely ignores my "no". He has done it to me twice and I feel completely violated....and unclean and unacceptable.

Leviticus 19Also you shall not have intercourse with a woman during her [menstrual period or similar] uncleanness.

But on the poll in this forum lots of people say they do....??? thoughts.

Athene

Grammatically incorrect
Supporter
Sep 4, 2005
✟42,546.00
Faith
Anglican
Marital Status
Married
Politics
UK-Labour
If your husband won't take no for an answer then I think you have bigger issues to deal with right now then whether it's wrong to have sex during a womans period.

Wearing cloth of two fibres is against scripture as well as eating shell fish, many of these old tribal laws have no place in todays society. Plus we know now, which we didn't then, that women aren't unclean during their period, and the menstrual blood is infact essential for fertility otherwise a fertilised egg would be unable to implant in the uterus.

Upvote 0

MERCY@GRACE

Jan 1, 2005
✟3,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Athene said:
If your husband won't take no for an answer then I think you have bigger issues to deal with right now then whether it's wrong to have sex during a womans period.

Wearing cloth of two fibres is against scripture as well as eating shell fish, many of these old tribal laws have no place in todays society. Plus we know now, which we didn't then, that women aren't unclean during their period, and the menstrual blood is infact essential for fertility otherwise a fertilised egg would be unable to implant in the uterus.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but unless he physically forced you to have sex while you were menstruating, leads me to have a hard time understanding your anger towards your hubby.

I didn't see the poll btw.

Upvote 0

Redguard

Make It So, Number One!
Oct 20, 2004
Toronto, Canada
Visit site
✟36,460.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
CA-Liberals
There are some churches that still abide by the Mosaic laws. But my experience has shown that many do not since many adhere to the belief that we are saved by grace and not law (meaning to say that things of the old testament no longer apply).

That's why many Christians will eat foods like pork and shrimp, which are stated as being unclean in Leviticus.

Upvote 0
Dec 5, 2005
✟19,912.00
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I'm not going to say anything about the first part of your post because, well, your not asking about that.

As for the second part about Leviticus, it is my understanding that everything is permitted but not all is beneficial. I also understand that as a result of the grace gifted to us.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

MERCY@GRACE

Jan 1, 2005
✟3,309.00
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
SweetSerenity said:
He shouldn't...but he does. Please pray for me.
I wonder if I will ever understand what is expected of me as a Christian...

I'm sory if my post was a bit insensitive. If he is manipulating, and guilting you into having sex while on your af, then he is wrong. I just wasn't sure if you were verbalizing your feelings to him or not. Sometimes I will let something bother me for a long time, thinking my dh knows what's wrong...and then when I FINALLY tell him, he replies...'well why didn't you tell me'. I have learned now, to tell him of the things that bother me (which isn't much) rather than to hold it in!

:pray:

Upvote 0

RedTulipMom

Legend
Apr 18, 2004
illinois
✟137,834.00
Faith
Nazarene
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
If your husband is disrespecting your wishes to not have sex during your period then he is being very insensitive and selfish. I am sorry that you have to go through this! A husband should be loving and kind and understanding, apparently he is not, that is just not right! You need to tell him that you can't do it during that time because of your beliefs on it and he needs to respect your wishes. I hope he isnt forcing you to have sex. Sex is supposed to be a beautiful, loving exchange between 2 married people, not something that is forced, that is NOT LOVING! you really need to sit down and talk with your hubby and tell him what he is doing to you is wrong! Tell him how much he is hurting you!

Upvote 0