May 29, 2005
Some where over the rainbow.
Visit site
✟513.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
One day when I was about to eat I stopped with the fork half way into my mouth, pulled it out and said a silent prayer then went on eating. Well my dad sits down and without even a quick "thanks man" he started gorging. "God says your welcome" I told him simpily, he looks up at me like "OH YEAH!" closes his eyes and pray.

I just kind of thought that it was a funny story. When I pray I like to listen to what God has to say. I heard someone say that christians think they're haveing a conversation with God when they pray but all we really usually do is ask for stuff to help ourselves.

Tempest Gale

May 29, 2005
Visit site
✟513.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
grandpa vern said:
I pray with a grin, and,
while my mouth is open
I shovel it in!

Now that's almost mean.
Ps. pray before you get your food so you don't forget. or just let the good smell over take your self controle.

Upvote 0

tqpix

Deist
Apr 18, 2004
Vancouver
✟16,046.00
Faith
Deist
Marital Status
Single
Politics
CA-Conservatives
Tempest Gale said:
One day when I was about to eat I stopped with the fork half way into my mouth, pulled it out and said a silent prayer then went on eating. Well my dad sits down and without even a quick "thanks man" he started gorging. "God says your welcome" I told him simpily, he looks up at me like "OH YEAH!" closes his eyes and pray.

I just kind of thought that it was a funny story. When I pray I like to listen to what God has to say. I heard someone say that christians think they're haveing a conversation with God when they pray but all we really usually do is ask for stuff to help ourselves.
This is so true.

Upvote 0

Tempest Gale

May 29, 2005
Visit site
✟513.00
Faith
SDA
Marital Status
Single
After watching "Bruce Almighty" a while back I realized how much we ask for our selves and if I ask of something from God it is to the benifit of another person and not myself. My way of thinking about it is that God knows what we need and want (Gods not stupid) so why keep asking and asking for stuff he knows we need (or wants)?

Upvote 0