Did You Really Not Know That Christ Must Be Obeyed? --Yes, You!

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Submission is a choice: the gift from God is His Spirit, Who empowers us to maintain that choice.

His Spirit forms in us a new heart, that no longer desires the things of the world, but the things of God.
OK, the choice was the gift. But still a gift.
I made the correct choice, and received another gift...His Holy Ghost.
And I have received seemingly unending gifts since then too.
Thanks be to God.

Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
That doesn't explain anything.
Well, I just reviewed post #6, and it is the best explanation I can give you.

My question to you, now, is, why did you say that post #6 doesn't explain anything?

• Agree
Reactions: Broken Fence
Upvote 0

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,196.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Well, I just reviewed post #6, and it is the best explanation I can give you.

My question to you, now, is, why did you say that post #6 doesn't explain anything?

The title of this thread is; "Did you really not know that Christ must be obeyed? Yes - you."
And I asked; "how do you know that we're not obeying God?"
So how do you know, from the Scripture that you posted, that we on this forum are not obeying God?

• Agree
Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
The title of this thread is; "Did you really not know that Christ must be obeyed? Yes - you."
And I asked; "how do you know that we're not obeying God?"
So how do you know, from the Scripture that you posted, that we on this forum are not obeying God?
You failed to see that my question and assumption, are based strictly on what the Lord has already said--that's why you saw post #6 as "explaining nothing."

Your effort to infer that I'm accusing specific members of not obeying the Lord does not follow from what I've posted.

Please remain objective, especially when addressing matters of such great controversy.

I rely on the Holy Spirit to do the convicting, I am no one, that's why I've based my post on what He has already said.

If you don't believe that the majority of believers don't obey Him, then that's your right to believe that: as for me, I'm just going to believe whatever the Lord has already said.

Upvote 0

Disciple of Jesus
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
✟146,199.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Do you not know that Lord means Master?

To claim that Christ is your Master, you must actually be His servant: this is not rocket science, folks......

I think you have a good point. But, I think it would be good to know also this:

You are my friends, if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant doesn't know what his lord does. But I have called you friends, for everything that I heard from my Father, I have made known to you.
John 15:14-15

We could be friends of Jesus and do as he has told, because it is good. :)

• Agree
Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think you have a good point. But, I think it would be good to know also this:

You are my friends, if you do whatever I command you. No longer do I call you servants, for the servant doesn't know what his lord does. But I have called you friends, for everything that I heard from my Father, I have made known to you.
John 15:14-15

We could be friends of Jesus and do as he has told, because it is good. :)
A friend of the Lord is a servant who also knows His personal business, and does whatsoever He says.

Remember, the Lord is the King of kings, and to be friends with Him requires obedience to Him.

What compels obedience to Christ is not what compels obedience to world powers: the obedience to Christ comes from love, true love--the love of God--for it is Christ who died for us, and demonstrated the love of God for the world: it is this love that compels us, that draws us towards Him, and His rule over us is not against us, but for us; like a father towards his children, so Christ is to us--He only wants to benefit us, and those of us who truly trust Him already know that.

This is why the news of Christ is called the gospel, and this is why we preached to those who are in darkness, to call them into the light, so that they may realize for themselves that Christ is for them, and not against them.

Satan is trying to do the opposite, by preaching another gospel, to try and get would be Christians to reject Christ's rule over us, as something that is against us, thus preaching an entirely different Jesus than the true Jesus of God.

• Informative
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Strong in Him

Great is thy faithfulness
Site Supporter
Mar 4, 2005
NW England
✟1,050,196.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You failed to see that my question and assumption, are based strictly on what the Lord has already said--that's why you saw post #6 as "explaining nothing."

Your effort to infer that I'm accusing specific members of not obeying the Lord does not follow from what I've posted.

I think it does. Not only did you write "yes, you" in the thread, as though you had someone/people in mind; when I asked "who says we're not obeying Christ, you answered "the Lord."

Please remain objective, especially when addressing matters of such great controversy.

And how were you objective when I asked "who said WE are not obeying Christ?" and you answered "the Lord"?

By all means write a thread to ask about the fruit that we're bearing, as mentioned in Matthew 7:15-23, but don't write a thread title that sounds a tad aggressive and as though you're targeting individuals, and then complain that I should be objective.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I think it does. Not only did you write "yes, you" in the thread, as though you had someone/people in mind; when I asked "who says we're not obeying Christ, you answered "the Lord."

And how were you objective when I asked "who said WE are not obeying Christ?" and you answered "the Lord"?

By all means write a thread to ask about the fruit that we're bearing, as mentioned in Matthew 7:15-23, but don't write a thread title that sounds a tad aggressive and as though you're targeting individuals, and then complain that I should be objective.
My response was truly objective, because I did not appeal to myself, but the Lord.

The fact that you cannot see that my constant appeal is to the Lord is something that I cannot do anything about.

This is between you and God, I'm not here to convict you, because I cannot, nor is it my job.

If you'd like to objectively continue the conversation concerning this controversial topic, I'd be glad to do it, but only if you cease from detracting from the obvious points this thread is trying to make.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Do you not know that Lord means Master?

To claim that Christ is your Master, you must actually be His servant: this is not rocket science, folks...

The Lord Himself asks this very question, to you:

"And why call ye me, Lord, Lord, and do not the things which I say?" --Luke 6:46

So instead of maintaining a pretense, why not just submit to Him, as your Lord, to obey Him, in all that He said?

Anyone who is obedient does not need you to tell me that. They will know that automatically. It must be discovered as they mature and grow in the Lord for themselves. Those who are obeying the Lord can find your words to be an annoyance. Because, usually what happens... when someone comes here preaching that kind of message they will end up having us to obey what you think the Lord's commands are.

If we have the Holy Spirit anointing us? We will have no need for someone like you to tell us what you did.

"As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you,
and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing
teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeit—just as it has taught you, remain in him."
1 Jn 2:27​

That does not mean to say that we have no need for someone with the gift to teach to teach us. It means, that after he does? We have no need for someone to come along to tell us how to think about what was taught by one with the gift to teach. What ever the Lord commands are, they will be made known to anyone desiring to remain in the teaching of sound doctrine.

To have some telling us we must remain in the Lord's commands. Tells me they do not yet know how to walk in the Spirit and Truth. That its some system that they prefer that they wish to promote.

Sorry... But when we have the anointing from God, we have no need to be told to obey the commands of Jesus. We should find ourselves walking in His commands by grace.

grace and peace.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Explain to me why you would post a thread like this in this section? I don't see why it would qualify as controversial.
Possibly, because when we find out what the OP considers what it means to be obedient to the commands of Christ, it will soon take a turn, to make the reason why its here obvious. :angel:

• Agree
Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Possibly, because when we find out what the OP considers what it means to be obedient to the commands of Christ, it will soon take a turn, to make the reason why its here obvious. :angel:
Why not just read post #6 instead of guessing?

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blade

Veteran
Site Supporter
Dec 29, 2002
USA
✟630,767.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I read this "beware against quoting the Lord out of context." Yet in one of your posts you do this very thing :) "on that day" are not those that come out of the great tribulation? So for Christ to say to any of us here He would have to lie. He knows us.. all heaven rejoiced when we were found. And Christ already spoke to the Father about us. So when He says "I never knew you".. they were never saved.

Did not Christ say "No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."

I have no clue who your talking to. Why assume people are not listening, obeying him? And " is because there are so many who claim Messiah as Lord, but deny obedience to Him," who is this "many"? How do you even know them? No really. We can read all the books watch all the videos and.. still not even know them.

If you read what was written before one of the verses you posted "take that beam our of your eye and then you can help take the spec out of your brothers eye". We have no power over man just the enemy the lawless one, demons etc. We shield those that are weak.. we pick up those that have fallen. We become all things. There is now a generation like no other. That won't bow and live for Christ. How can you not see them? Bless you.. to obey Christ.. AMEN

• Agree
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
If the person doesn't change from being a sinner to a non-sinner, there wasn't any conversion.

Those old habits will die with the death of the flesh.."with the affections and lusts." (Gal 5:24)

Its a progression and maturing process. We never become 100% sinless. The potential remains always there. Not "sinless." But, as we mature we will sin less. And, less, and less.

If anyone could become sinless? There would be no need for a resurrection body, nor the Cross itself.

• Agree
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Why not just read post #6 instead of guessing?

I read post #6. It tells me that you are not yet aware that the Lord wants you to learn thousands of doctrines in your lifetime.

Keeping it limited to what you have makes it seem that maturity in Christ is to be some sort of one shot deal. Those whom the Lord warned against were not regenerate. They were never born again. They receive their power to perform miracles not from God. Yet, they are duped into believing the power was from God.

The Lord will tell them.. "I never knew you."

Never knew them? They were never saved.

Its not a matter of obedience to the Lord's commands. Its was a matter of the command to enter into regeneration. For these religious ones will take certain commands from the Lord. Then they misinterpret them, because they are lost to the context. And, they will obediently follow those commands of Jesus. Commands that will no longer apply to our day and age of the Church.

That shows how human obedience is not what the Lord seeks. The Lord is not seeking loyal and faithful boy scouts to follow commands extracted from the Bible. He is seeking those who will worship Him in spirit and in Truth. Being able to make the Bible become alive in their being. By worshiping Him in an abundance of knowledge of sound doctrinal teachings. Teachings that God will provide through a few qualified pastor-teachers. Pastor-teachers who found the true meaning of the spiritual life, and have remained loyal to study and teach for all their live. Their congregations will grow in Christ as the pastor-teacher grows.

Not to "preach." But, to teach. Preaching should only be as a sidebar, not the means to spiritual growth.

But be continuously growing in the grace and knowledge
of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ. To him be glory both
now and forever! Amen."
2 Pet 3:18​

Now.. That is the commandment of commandments!

To never stop growing in gaining more and more in learning sound doctrinal teachings. Because, we must decrease so that He can increase in the expression of our lives in Christ.

grace and peace...

• Agree
Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
I read this "beware against quoting the Lord out of context." Yet in one of your posts you do this very thing :) "on that day" are not those that come out of the great tribulation?

Not necessarily. We have today too many alleged teachers doing the very things the Lord warned against. Kenneth Hagin and Kenneth Copeland come to mind.. There are too many more, as well. For Jesus said that "many" will say in that day. Not a few. It will become a common thing to see.

False teachers will come as an inundation. To the ignorant they will seem like the norm.

• Agree
Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
I read this "beware against quoting the Lord out of context." Yet in one of your posts you do this very thing :) "on that day" are not those that come out of the great tribulation? So for Christ to say to any of us here He would have to lie. He knows us.. all heaven rejoiced when we were found. And Christ already spoke to the Father about us. So when He says "I never knew you".. they were never saved.

Did not Christ say "No longer do I call you servants, for a servant does not know what his master is doing; but I have called you friends, for all things that I heard from My Father I have made known to you."

I have no clue who your talking to. Why assume people are not listening, obeying him? And " is because there are so many who claim Messiah as Lord, but deny obedience to Him," who is this "many"? How do you even know them? No really. We can read all the books watch all the videos and.. still not even know them.

If you read what was written before one of the verses you posted "take that beam our of your eye and then you can help take the spec out of your brothers eye". We have no power over man just the enemy the lawless one, demons etc. We shield those that are weak.. we pick up those that have fallen. We become all things. There is now a generation like no other. That won't bow and live for Christ. How can you not see them? Bless you.. to obey Christ.. AMEN
Please tell me the scripture you find that I've quoted out of context, so that I can correct it; and also, please explain why you think I have a "beam" in my eye.

Further, if you truly don't know who I'm talking to, then please read the full thread, starting at post #6.

PS: No offense taken, I welcome all criticism, thank you.

Upvote 0