Did You Really Not Know That Christ Must Be Obeyed? --Yes, You!

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Would not common sense tell you that something might not be right with how that was translated?
My common sense tells me God wouldn't allow sin in the kingdom of Heaven or in His children on earth.
It also tells me that as fig trees cannot bear grapes, neither can God's seed bring forth liars and thieves.

For we have so many verses that tell us what to do when we do sin. And, warnings not to sin.
Not everybody wants to disobey the exhortations and admonissions of Jesus and His apostles.
Some take the warnings to heart with the love, and strength God has filled us with.

Common sense says? What?
"No one who is born of God will continue to sin, because
God’s seed remains in them; they cannot go on sinning,
because they have been born of God."

That is exactly what I get out of it too!
Now do you see what "continue to sin" pertains to? It spoke of sinning as a way of life in the culture that it was written to and in pertained. Its our responsibility to study and find out why such things needed to be said at the time it was written.
You are "missing the forest for the trees".
Those born of God don't sin anymore.

Now... Common sense is not going to allow you to continue in the sin of arrogance to think you can not sin. Its dangerous. You would have to think you are free of fault in your judgement. Making you a god over others. That kind of arrogance is terrible sin. And, by no means, the same way of life of sinning the Romans were brought up to believe was normal.
Common sense tells me you are saying that belief that God made a way for us to be free of the flesh, vile affections, and lusts is impossible.
That isn't sensible, in light of His words to the contrary.
Like John 8:32-34, where Jesus says the truth can free us from committing sin.

Now think with God's Word here.
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship
with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
:angel:......Why would you have to be purified of all sin? If you no longer can sin?
And the day after are we not still purified of all past sins?
Keep walking in the light, wherein is no sin!

8 If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us.
:holy:............ That says you are in deep trouble with God until you repent.
What would be the point if we just go out and do it again day after day?
That isn't repentance from sin, it is a waste of time.
It is a lie to God.
BTW, verses 6, 8, and 10 of 1 John 1, are directed at those still walking in darkness.
Verses 5, 7, and 9 apply to those walking in the light, which is God.

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins
and purify us from all unrighteousness.
That means you are neglecting God's provision to stay in fellowship with Him when you do sin.
It also says we can be forgiven of all sin/unrighteousness, making us "without sin"!

10 If we claim we have not sinned, we make Him out to be a liar
and his word is not in us.
That says you have a problem with God's truth, sir.
I sinned plenty, before I started walking in the light, which is God, and wherein is no sin.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Those that belong to the “ Body Of Christ”, when they sin,should do the same things with their sins that God does—- put them on the Cross! And leave them there.
There is no sin in the body of Christ.
You are working with a "misnomer'

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Nobody can repent of ALL of their sins.....too many poorly taught believers supplant God's Way Of handling sins- GRACE- with “ repentance”.
Why not?
Doesn't God have that much grace to keep us free from sin?
He did give us this..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
Look for the escapes God promised!

If one bangs their head, shouts out an obscenity, and suddenly dies of a heart attack without having the “ luck” to repent before they die, some think that man is damned.Nope— Grace covers that sin. Just like it covered every “ other” sin the man with the sore head committed......covered by Grace.....covered by the Blood
Sinners will get exactly what they deserve.
My sins warranted death, and hat is what I got...when I obeyed Peter's Acts 2:38 admonission to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.
At the same time, according to Paul in Romans 6:3-6, I crucified the flesh with Christ, was buried with Him, and was raised from the dead with Him to walk in newness of life.
Newness of life constitutes a life without sin for a change.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
My common sense tells me God wouldn't allow sin in the kingdom of Heaven or in His children on earth.
It also tells me that as fig trees cannot bear grapes, neither can God's seed bring forth liars and thieves.

Not everybody wants to disobey the exhortations and admonissions of Jesus and His apostles.
Some take the warnings to heart with the love, and strength God has filled us with.

That is exactly what I get out of it too!

You are "missing the forest for the trees".
Those born of God don't sin anymore.

Common sense tells me you are saying that belief that God made a way for us to be free of the flesh, vile affections, and lusts is impossible.
That isn't sensible, in light of His words to the contrary.
Like John 8:32-34, where Jesus says the truth can free us from committing sin.

Now think with God's Word here.
7 But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship
with one another, and the blood of Jesus, his Son, purifies us from all sin.
:angel:......Why would you have to be purified of all sin? If you no longer can sin?
And the day after are we not still purified of all past sins?
Keep walking in the light, wherein is no sin!

What would be the point if we just go out and do it again day after day?
That isn't repentance from sin, it is a waste of time.
It is a lie to God.
BTW, verses 6, 8, and 10 of 1 John 1, are directed at those still walking in darkness.
Verses 5, 7, and 9 apply to those walking in the light, which is God.

It also says we can be forgiven of all sin/unrighteousness, making us "without sin"!

I sinned plenty, before I started walking in the light, which is God, and wherein is no sin.

Only you. None of us.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Those that belong to the “ Body Of Christ”, when they sin,should do the same things with their sins that God does—- put them on the Cross! And leave them there.

He has already put them on the Cross once. "It is Finished!"

Leave them there? A second time?

I always used to ask... Why does 1 John 1:9 say we need only to "confess/acknowledge" our sins?

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us
our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:9 is telling us to not to deny that we sinned when we sin. But, to recognize and acknowledge them to God.

The Greek word translated many times as "confess" was used as a Roman courtroom legal term. It was used as a means to cite a case when before a judge. So, we are to cite that the sin was paid for on the Cross. We do not put it on the Cross to die again. We look to the Cross and recognized it was paid for. So why do we have to do that?

Another interesting thing about the word. It can also mean..."to say the same thing."

Meaning? If we call sin? What God calls sin? We are both saying the same thing!

If you are both saying the same thing? That would mean we agree that it is a sin.

Where doe that leave us then?

"Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?" Amos 3:3​

When we sin we break away from walking in the Spirit. Now, if we recognize our sin? And, say that what God says is a sin, is a sin? We are now in agreement with each other and we begin walking in the Light together again!

That is why we need to confess them!

Even though that sin was paid for on the Cross (and could never cause us eternal damnation?) The Holy Spirit remains unable to be one with sin. So, when confess and have our sins are forgiven? It was for breaking off from God's fellowship.

With 1 John 1:9 we are being motivated to learn to define certain actions as sin. We are always learning and growing if we do!

The more we understand what constitutes a sin, the more quickly we can agree with the Spirit and commence once again walking together.

"Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?"
Amos 3:3

Agree with God!
We call sin what He calls sin.

WE ARE WALKING IN THE LIGHT.

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
He has already put them on the Cross once. "It is Finished!"

Leave them there? A second time?

I always used to ask... Why does 1 John 1:9 say we need only to "confess/acknowledge" our sins?

9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us
our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness.

1 John 1:9 is telling us to not to deny that we sinned when we sin. But, to recognize and acknowledge them to God.

The Greek word translated many times as "confess" was used as a Roman courtroom legal term. It was used as a means to cite a case when before a judge. So, we are to cite that the sin was paid for on the Cross. We do not put it on the Cross to die again. We look to the Cross and recognized it was paid for. So why do we have to do that?

Another interesting thing about the word. It can also mean..."to say the same thing."

Meaning? If we call sin? What God calls sin? We are both saying the same thing!

If you are both saying the same thing? That would mean we agree that it is a sin.

Where doe that leave us then?

"Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?" Amos 3:3​

When we sin we break away from walking in the Spirit. Now, if we recognize our sin? And, say that what God says is a sin, is a sin? We are now in agreement with each other and we begin walking in the Light together again!

That is why we need to confess them!

Even though that sin was paid for on the Cross (and could never cause us eternal damnation?) The Holy Spirit remains unable to be one with sin. So, when confess and have our sins are forgiven? It was for breaking off from God's fellowship.

With 1 John 1:9 we are being motivated to learn to define certain actions as sin. We are always learning and growing if we do!

The more we understand what constitutes a sin, the more quickly we can agree with the Spirit and commence once again walking together.

"Can two walk together, unless they are agreed?"
Amos 3:3

Agree with God!
We call sin what He calls sin.

WE ARE WALKING IN THE LIGHT.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Yes.... I have to agree with you ....I never really looked at it Your way. My way could be misconstrued to make one think that sins had to be taken care of two times....of course , that is nonsense and not the thinking I was trying to convey....
So , let me rephrase my thinking with a better phrasing— “ If a Born -Again Believer Sins, remember what God did 2000 years ago.....He put that sin on the Cross and as far as your Salvation is concerned—- it is FORGOTTEN!
“ Their Sins I Will Remember NO MORE!”
Thanks for making me aware of a needed Revision in my phrasing of a major Truth.

Upvote 0

GenemZ

Mar 1, 2004
Atlanta
✟77,142.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
Yes.... I have to agree with you ....I never really looked at it Your way. My way could be misconstrued to make one think that sins had to be taken care of two times....of course , that is nonsense and not the thinking I was trying to convey....
So , let me rephrase my thinking with a better phrasing— “ If a Born -Again Believer Sins, remember what God did 2000 years ago.....He put that sin on the Cross and as far as your Salvation is concerned—- it is FORGOTTEN!
“ Their Sins I Will Remember NO MORE!”
Thanks for making me aware of a needed Revision in my phrasing of a major Truth.
You are welcome. I needed to see it that way too...

Upvote 0

Religiot

Mar 15, 2020
Private
✟29,006.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Every sin is deserving of death. Every sin is disobedience. Every sin is a rejection of God. And if you’ve committed one, you’ve committed them all.
You must make a distinction between workers of iniquity, and those who make mistakes: Moses was not a worker of iniquity, but he made mistakes; nor was David a worker of iniquity, but he made mistakes, etc.: workers of iniquity are committed to sin, but those who seek after God are not.

Brother, every sin is not a rejection of God, sin is simply to go against what God has already said--whether by mistake or presumption--and what He has already said is also called the law, and the truth, therefore sin is simply transgressing the law, or God's word:

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." --1 John 3:4

--Not making a distinction between sins is not biblical, for not all sins are equal; but of greater importance to the question of obedience, is that of distinguishing between presumptuous sin, and sin by mistake: presumptuous sin is rebellion, but mistakes are simply weakness.

Workers of iniquity have heard what is true, and have decided to willfully reject it...

ACCOUNTABILITY COMMENCES AT THE HEARING OF THE TRUTH:

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions; partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used. For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance. Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul." --Hebrews 10:26-39

"And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the Lord, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him. Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them. But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the Lord; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the Lord, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him." --Numbers 15:27-31

"Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." --James 4:17

God makes the distinction, wherefore we must make the distinction. It's not debatable: not all sins are equal, period.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
Yes, as that is a manifestation of a divine nature.
You are seriously deceived. Satan has you where he wants you. You need to repent.

Upvote 0

Hammster

Psalm 144:1
Christian Forums Staff
Site Advisor
Site Supporter
Apr 5, 2007
New Jerusalem
Visit site
✟1,728,576.00
Country
United States
Faith
Reformed
Marital Status
Married
You must make a distinction between workers of iniquity, and those who make mistakes: Moses was not a worker of iniquity, but he made mistakes; nor was David a worker of iniquity, but he made mistakes, etc.: workers of iniquity are committed to sin, but those who seek after God are not.
You must have a different bible. Moses wasn’t allowed into the Promised Land because of sin. God had to send Nathan to David due to unrepentant sin which led to Psalms 51.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Brother, every sin is not a rejection of God, sin is simply to go against what God has already said--whether by mistake or presumption--and what He has already said is also called the law, and the truth, therefore sin is simply transgressing the law, or God's word:

"Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law." --1 John 3:4

--Not making a distinction between sins is not biblical, for not all sins are equal; but of greater importance to the question of obedience, is that of distinguishing between presumptuous sin, and sin by mistake: presumptuous sin is rebellion, but mistakes are simply weakness.

Workers of iniquity have heard what is true, and have decided to willfully reject it...

ACCOUNTABILITY COMMENCES AT THE HEARING OF THE TRUTH:

"For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, but a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? For we know him that hath said, Vengeance belongeth unto me, I will recompense, saith the Lord. And again, The Lord shall judge his people. It is a fearful thing to fall into the hands of the living God. But call to remembrance the former days, in which, after ye were illuminated, ye endured a great fight of afflictions; partly, whilst ye were made a gazingstock both by reproaches and afflictions; and partly, whilst ye became companions of them that were so used. For ye had compassion of me in my bonds, and took joyfully the spoiling of your goods, knowing in yourselves that ye have in heaven a better and an enduring substance. Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompence of reward. For ye have need of patience, that, after ye have done the will of God, ye might receive the promise. For yet a little while, and he that shall come will come, and will not tarry. Now the just shall live by faith: but if any man draw back, my soul shall have no pleasure in him. But we are not of them who draw back unto perdition; but of them that believe to the saving of the soul." --Hebrews 10:26-39

"And if any soul sin through ignorance, then he shall bring a she goat of the first year for a sin offering. And the priest shall make an atonement for the soul that sinneth ignorantly, when he sinneth by ignorance before the Lord, to make an atonement for him; and it shall be forgiven him. Ye shall have one law for him that sinneth through ignorance, both for him that is born among the children of Israel, and for the stranger that sojourneth among them. But the soul that doeth ought presumptuously, whether he be born in the land, or a stranger, the same reproacheth the Lord; and that soul shall be cut off from among his people. Because he hath despised the word of the Lord, and hath broken his commandment, that soul shall utterly be cut off; his iniquity shall be upon him." --Numbers 15:27-31

"Therefore to him that knoweth to do good, and doeth it not, to him it is sin." --James 4:17

God makes the distinction, wherefore we must make the distinction. It's not debatable: not all sins are equal, period.

I think that any obsession with sin is a sin.....It shows a lack of Faith in the Finished Work Of The Cross where God dealt with Man’s Sin Issue once and for all...
Believers in this wondrous Age Of Grace should act like they know they are under Grace ( all sins forgiven if you Believe the Gospel 1Cor15:1-& ) and be less SIN-Conscience and more SON-Conscience.........

Upvote 0

Blood Bought 1953

Ned Flander’s Buddy
Oct 21, 2017
Portsmouth
✟81,329.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
Why not?
Doesn't God have that much grace to keep us free from sin?
He did give us this..."There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it." (1 Cor 10:13)
Look for the escapes God promised!

My sins warranted death, and hat is what I got...when I obeyed Peter's Acts 2:38 admonission to be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins.
At the same time, according to Paul in Romans 6:3-6, I crucified the flesh with Christ, was buried with Him, and was raised from the dead with Him to walk in newness of life.
Newness of life constitutes a life without sin for a change.

Sinners who are NOT Born Again WILL get what they deserve.....

I am “ Born Again” and there is “ Good News” for guys like me——
Wretched Sinners headed for a well-deserved Lake Of Fire get to make a Miraculous Trade! Simply because I believe in Paul’s Gospel and believe in it enough to REST in it ( commanded by God In Heb.3) The Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing assures me that Christ took what I deserved and gave me what HE deserved! No better deal in the Universe!Jesus got my sins— I got His Perfection!Amazing Grace Indeed....Amazing Love....

• Winner
Reactions: 1 person
Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You are seriously deceived. Satan has you where he wants you. You need to repent.
Hmmm...
If I repent of sin, I will be what you castigate in this post.
If I confess my sin, I will be cleansed of ALL unrighteousness...and can say "I have no sin!"
If I told you I had confessed my sin many years ago, and had been cleansed of ALL my sins, and walked in the light since then, could I say I had no sin?
Or is there sin in the light?

Your doctrine is an escape proof room.
I read this just this evening..."Giving thanks unto the Father, which hath made us meet to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in light:
Who hath delivered us from the power of darkness, and hath translated us into the kingdom of his dear Son:" (Col 1:12-13)
Those walking in the light have been delivered from what keeps men returning to sin...the power of darkness.
And I thank God for it.

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
You must have a different bible. Moses wasn’t allowed into the Promised Land because of sin. God had to send Nathan to David due to unrepentant sin which led to Psalms 51.
Why do you assume things will be different today, and that sinners will be allowed into the "Promised Land"?

Upvote 0

Phil W

Apr 15, 2019
Mesa, Az
✟67,340.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Single
Sinners who are NOT Born Again WILL get what they deserve.....

I am “ Born Again” and there is “ Good News” for guys like me——
Wretched Sinners headed for a well-deserved Lake Of Fire get to make a Miraculous Trade! Simply because I believe in Paul’s Gospel and believe in it enough to REST in it ( commanded by God In Heb.3) The Gospel Of Grace Plus Nothing assures me that Christ took what I deserved and gave me what HE deserved! No better deal in the Universe!Jesus got my sins— I got His Perfection!Amazing Grace Indeed....Amazing Love....
Born again...to commit more sin?
That sounds like the deeds of the old man who was killed with Christ at his baptism into Christ's death. (Rom 6:3-6)
Those are Paul's words too.

Upvote 0