Did you guys ever wonder why were you saved ?

Cat Loaf You

Dec 11, 2017
Warsaw
✟22,505.00
Country
Poland
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
According to Paul mystery which he revealed to us in Romans 11:25

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

According to that mystery you guys should be blinded to the truth of gospel of salvation untill many gentiles gentiles are saved first .If you are Jew , why did God choose you to have that blindness removed ? Were you ever wondering about this subject ?

I think that you guys have literally the hardest job - preaching to your fellow Jews who are blinded to the truth .
What is your experience trying to share gospel with other fellow Jews ? How many of them come to Christ after you preach to them on average ?

Heber Book List

Theologian [Applied Theology]
Jul 1, 2015
Whippingham, Isle of Wight, England
✟132,416.00
Country
United Kingdom
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Private
According to Paul mystery which he revealed to us in Romans 11:25

25 For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26 And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27 For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

According to that mystery you guys should be blinded to the truth of gospel of salvation untill many gentiles gentiles are saved first .If you are Jew , why did God choose you to have that blindness removed ? Were you ever wondering about this subject ?

I think that you guys have literally the hardest job - preaching to your fellow Jews who are blinded to the truth .
What is your experience trying to share gospel with other fellow Jews ? How many of them come to Christ after you preach to them on average ?

Hi there! Have you read, on this Forum, what we believe in? You might be pleasantly surprised :)

Have a look at the head of this Forum and read the Statement Of Purpose document.

See also this thread: You must read and agree before posting in this forum

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I believe your question is sincere; but to be honest, the Christian notion that the Jewish people are not "saved" or going to Heaven is generally misunderstood. The early "Christians" were either Jewish people that believed in that Yeshua was the Messiach or they were Jewish Proselytes that also believed. There was no question that the Mosaic Covenant was and is also a way to grace from G-d, a way to be "saved" . When the New Testament is read with this in mind it takes on a different, more Jewish character that is more in line with what the early Messianic Believers would have intended.

But, to directly answer your question, many Messianic Judaism followers are actually not Jewish, they are (like me) non-Jewish believers that are/were seeking a faith more in line with what Yeshua would have taught and experienced. We are believers that are drawn to Judaism for many reasons but also believe that Yeshua fulfilled many (though not all) of the prophesies about the Messiach. Preaching for Jewish people to come to belief that Yeshua was the Messiach is not really top on my list, if they ask I am happy to share what I know, but I do not go out "preaching to the Jews" as it were as I also believe that Jewish people can be saved under the Mosaic Covenant as they have been for millennia. Some are "blinded to the truth" but many have legitimate issues with missionary work and how it has torn apart families and communities, not to mention the genuine theological differences that need to be addressed, including prophesies that were not fulfilled in the first coming of Yeshua and why there would be a second coming for the Messiach.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
to be honest, the Christian notion that the Jewish people are not "saved" or going to Heaven is generally misunderstood. ..... There was no question that the Mosaic Covenant was and is also a way to grace from G-d, a way to be "saved".
Then both Peter and Paul had it wrong.

Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”

Romans 10:1
Brethren, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. 3 For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.​

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Then both Peter and Paul had it wrong.

Acts 4:12
And there is salvation in no one else; for there is no other name under heaven that has been given among men by which we must be saved.”

Romans 10:1
Brethren, my heart’s desire and my prayer to God for them is for their salvation. 2 For I testify about them that they have a zeal for God, but not in accordance with knowledge. 3 For not knowing about God’s righteousness and seeking to establish their own, they did not subject themselves to the righteousness of God.​

Agree to disagree in this particular thread. Suffice to say at this time that I do not view the scripture the same way when other passages are taken into account.

Upvote 0

Dave-W

Welcoming grandchild #7, Arturus Waggoner!
Site Supporter
Jun 18, 2014
Maryland - just north of D.C.
Visit site
✟771,800.00
Country
United States
Faith
Messianic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Agree to disagree in this particular thread. Suffice to say at this time that I do not view the scripture the same way when other passages are taken into account.
I understand. Kesher magazine hosted a symposium several years ago on soteriology. Rabbis from across the UMJC were discussing salvic issues and the views broke down into several categories.

I fell somewhere between the "Narrow Hope" and the "Wider Narrow Hope" categories.

Here is Dan Juster's Kesher article on the subject. He is more broad than I am.
The Narrow Wider Hope

Upvote 0

tampasteve

Pray for peace in Israel
Christian Forums Staff
Administrator
Angels Team
CF Senior Ambassador
Site Supporter
May 15, 2017
Tampa
✟777,207.00
Country
United States
Faith
Methodist
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
I understand. Kesher magazine hosted a symposium several years ago on soteriology. Rabbis from across the UMJC were discussing salvic issues and the views broke down into several categories.

I fell somewhere between the "Narrow Hope" and the "Wider Narrow Hope" categories.

Here is Dan Juster's Kesher article on the subject. He is more broad than I am.
The Narrow Wider Hope
thanks for the tip, I will check it out :)

Upvote 0