Did Yeshua keep the fast of the first born?

visionary

Your God is my God... Ruth said, so say I.
Site Supporter
Mar 25, 2004
✟575,802.44
Faith
Messianic
Ta'anit Bechorot

Fast of the Firstborn (Hebrew: תענית בכורות, Ta'anit B'khorot or תענית בכורים, Ta'anit B'khorim); is a unique fast day in Judaism which usually falls on the day before Passover (fourteenth day of Nisan). Feast of Unleaven Bread always begins on the fifteenth of the Hebrew month. Unlike most Jewish fast days, only firstborns are required to fast on the Fast of the Firstborn. Usually, the fast is broken at a siyum celebration (typically made at the conclusion of the morning services), which, according to prevailing custom, creates an atmosphere of rejoicing that overrides the requirement to continue the fast.

Kit Sigmon

May 18, 2016
USA
✟76,189.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
In Relationship
Ta'anit Bechorot

Fast of the Firstborn (Hebrew: תענית בכורות, Ta'anit B'khorot or תענית בכורים, Ta'anit B'khorim); is a unique fast day in Judaism which usually falls on the day before Passover (fourteenth day of Nisan). Feast of Unleaven Bread always begins on the fifteenth of the Hebrew month. Unlike most Jewish fast days, only firstborns are required to fast on the Fast of the Firstborn. Usually, the fast is broken at a siyum celebration (typically made at the conclusion of the morning services), which, according to prevailing custom, creates an atmosphere of rejoicing that overrides the requirement to continue the fast.

I've read that the Last Supper was actually the Fast of the First Born;
the word study shows that the "artos"(raised bread) that was
used be leavened and this Greek word "artos" be used in the books of :
Matthew, Mark and Luke's accounts of the last supper.
Eating leavened prior to Passover was forbidden(Jewish law).

Upvote 0

Yeshua HaDerekh

Men dream of truth, find it then cant live with it
May 9, 2013
Eretz
✟317,562.00
Country
United States
Faith
Eastern Orthodox
Marital Status
Private
I've read that the Last Supper was actually the Fast of the First Born;
the word study shows that the "artos"(raised bread) that was
used be leavened and this Greek word "artos" be used in the books of :
Matthew, Mark and Luke's accounts of the last supper.
Eating leavened prior to Passover was forbidden(Jewish law).

The "last supper" was literally a Pesakh Seudah HaMephsekhet...the last meal before the fast. The fast of the first born was from sunrise to sunset on the 14th. Yeshua accomplished this during His trial and crucifixion.

• Winner
Reactions: visionary
Upvote 0