Did Trump open a 'major Apple Manufacturing plant' in Austin? No.

tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
No, Trump did not open Apple plant in Austin.
Trump said: "Today I opened a major Apple Manufacturing plant in Texas that will bring high paying jobs back to America."

The Flextronics plant in Austin that Trump toured on Wednesday has produced Mac Pro computers since 2013.

Earlier this year, Apple planned to shift assembly of the computer from Austin to China, but decided to keep operations in Austin after the Trump administration agreed to exemptions on import tariffs on goods from China needed for the computer.

We rate this claim False.
tulc(this is President Trumps 260th false) :wave:

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
He lies about things that are demonstrably false, so easily verified as being false. Smh.
As a general rule people are guilty of what they accuse others of and they are only passing sentence on themselves. Our words justify or condemn us: "For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." (Matthew 12:37)

Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
As a general rule people are guilty of what they accuse others of and they are only passing sentence on themselves. Our words justify or condemn us: "For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned." (Matthew 12:37)

Do you apply that to when Donald accuses other folks being "human scum"?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
...he said he opened a factory that's been open for 6 years and he said the House was shut down when it wasn't. that means those things he said are both false. That's not an opinion or a judgement or an accusation, it's a simple statement of the facts. If you have other facts that show they're wrong then feel free to post them here. :wave:
tulc(it really is that simple) :)

Upvote 0

GACfan

Aug 15, 2019
Texas
✟77,930.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Do you apply that to when Donald accuses other folks being "human scum"?

I can't speak for the other poster in question but if we were to expand and generalize your inquiry, then the answer is an unequivocal and emphatic NO. If we are discussing the sins of other people, specifically Democrats, then we will see stones being cast from the Right without the slightest hint of hesitation and moral confliction. However, if we are discussing the sins of Donald Trump, then we will repeatedly hear and be told "Don't judge him for his sins!" or "Who among us is without sin?" or "No one is sinless!" or the most popular excuse in their arsenal... "I voted for a President, not a Pastor!"

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: tulc
Upvote 0

Go Braves

I miss Senator McCain
May 18, 2017
Atlanta
✟15,568.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Republican
I can't speak for the other poster in question but if we were to expand and generalize your inquiry, then the answer is an unequivocal and emphatic NO. If we are discussing the sins of other people, specifically Democrats, then we will see stones being cast from the Right without the slightest hint of hesitation and moral confliction. However, if we are discussing the sins of Donald Trump, then we will repeatedly hear and be told "Don't judge him for his sins!" or "Who among us is without sin?" or "No one is sinless!" or the most popular excuse in their arsenal... "I voted for a President, not a Pastor!"

Yep, folks will pick up stones, throw them at Adam Schiff, Elizabeth Warren, any other Democrat or any Republican who criticizes their Donald but then will just defend everything he does as him not "being perfect" or a pastor. Smh.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
It's questionable whether Trump even realizes that there's an objective truth. He's merely proclaiming that which he thinks will convince you to like him. Calling him a liar for doing this ignores the likelihood that his falsehoods are confabulations that he himself believes.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
he said he opened a factory that's been open for 6 years
My understanding was he made a deal with Iphone to keep them in Texas rather then to move overseas. So he kept the jobs here in America. I wish Clinton had done that. We lost way to many jobs to China under the Clinton administration.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
My understanding was he made a deal with Iphone to keep them in Texas rather then to move overseas. So he kept the jobs here in America. I wish Clinton had done that. We lost way to many jobs to China under the Clinton administration.
That's nice. But it still doesn't make what he said true. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
That's nice. But it still doesn't make what he said true.
What he did was he made a deal that kept Iphone and all of their jobs in Texas. You nit pick on little nothings when you should be giving praise and Glory to God for all that He has done. "For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted." (matthew23:12)

We had 23 years of presidents that sold us down the river and gave our jobs away to other countries. Now finally we have an American president that is for America. Finally American workers are being released from their bondage and given freedom.

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
That's nice. But it still doesn't make what he said true. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

It's closer to the truth than most of what he says. Credit for improvement?

• Agree
Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,837.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
What he did was he made a deal that kept Iphone and all of their jobs in Texas. You nit pick on little nothings when you should be giving praise and Glory to God for all that He has done. "For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted." (matthew23:12)

We had 23 years of presidents that sold us down the river and gave our jobs away to other countries. Now finally we have an American president that is for America. Finally American workers are being released from their bondage and given freedom.

Well, let's take a look at that...

When asked why he doesn’t lead by example and have more of his products from the Donald J. Trump Collection made in the U.S., Trump wrongly responded, “They don’t even make this stuff here.” They do.

When the interviewer cited Brooks Brothers as one example of a company that makes apparel in the U.S., Trump said, “They don’t make here, not that I see.” He’s wrong about that, too.

The issue was raised by George Stephanopoulos on ABC’s “This Week” on May 8, after Trump threatened to impose tariffs or taxes on American companies that move their manufacturing overseas. On the campaign trail, Trump has criticized companies such as Carrier, Apple, Nabisco and Ford for moving production to cheaper offshore locations. (Even if some of his claims about those companies were incorrect.)

“But don’t you have to also lead by example?” Stephanopoulos said. “You know, so many of the products in the Donald J. Trump Collection are made overseas — Bangladesh, China …”

“Well, that’s because you can’t even buy them here,” Trump said.

“But if you want other companies to make their products in America, shouldn’t you make your products in America?” Stephanopoulos asked again.

“But they don’t make a lot of these products,” Trump said. “They don’t even make them here anymore.”

This was not the first time Trump has faced criticism for outsourcing production of many of the products sold in the Trump Collection. Sen. Marco Rubio raised it during a Republican debate on Feb. 25.

“The second thing, about the trade war — I don’t understand, because your ties and the clothes you make is made in Mexico and in China,” Rubio said. “So you’re gonna be starting a trade war against your own ties and your own suits.”

Trump is correct that most clothing sold in the U.S. is made overseas. According to the American Apparel & Footwear Association, 97 percent of apparel and 98 percent of shoes sold in the U.S. are made overseas.

But he went too far in claiming that products in the Donald J. Trump Collection — ties, dress shirts, suits, glasses, wallets and other accessories — aren’t made in the U.S. anymore.

“Many of AAFA’s members make clothes and shoes in the United States,” according to a statement released to FactCheck.org by Natalie LaBella, marketing manager for the AAFA. “The member companies encompass a wide range of products and brands – including large and small companies, public and private firms, and companies manufacturing for the commercial market and making uniforms and other apparel and footwear for the U.S. military.”

“Demand for ‘Made in USA’ clothing and shoes is growing,” the AAFA stated. “In fact, there was a continued resurgence of the U.S. apparel manufacturing industry in 2015 despite 97 percent of the clothes sold in the United States being imported. U.S. production rose for the sixth consecutive year in 2015, rising 4.3 percent over 2014 levels. Because of this growth, U.S. production accounted for 2.7 percent of the U.S. market, its highest market share since 2008. U.S. production is up 50.8 percent since 2009.”
Trump's 'Made in the USA' Spin

So he lied about that, too. He's consistent; I'll give him that.

• Winner
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a little confused...when did "telling the truth about things" become "nit-picking"? :scratch:
and look! I have a Scripture too:
Proverbs 12: 22 said:
22 Lying lips are abomination to the Lord: but they that deal truly are his delight

The irony in this post? It's pretty amazing. :eek:
tulc(would recommend reading post #14 to find out why) :wave:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I'm a little confused...when did "telling the truth about things" become "nit-picking"? :scratch:
and look! I have a Scripture too:
There seems to be a discrepancy between what you consider to be the truth and what I consider to be the truth.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
When asked why he doesn’t lead by example and have more of his products from the Donald J. Trump Collection made in the U.S., Trump wrongly responded, “They don’t even make this stuff here.” They do.
Do you realize that you are contradicting yourself? People want American made products. Everything is based on production. The more we produce the more wealth we have. Poverty is a product of not being productive. "A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest, and poverty will come upon you like a robber, and need like a bandit" (Proverbs 24:33,34)

You work, you produce, you prosper. You sit down and do nothing you have poverty. The cure for poverty is to get out and produce and be productive. If people can not produce a product then they can provide a service. That is why civilization is made up of food producers. Before you had hunter gathers and this was a more primitive society.

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump threatened to impose tariffs or taxes on American companies that move their manufacturing overseas.
Yes Trump is using tariffs so that manufacturers keep their factory and jobs here in America. This has proven to be very effective. There are other incentives that they need to provide. Jeff Benzo the CEO of Amazon is very smart. He is offering his workers $15 an hour but they have to pay the taxes. He is building a warehouse here now that will offer a lot of jobs. But the government had to give him a lot of incentives to get him to build here rather than to go somewhere else to a city that gives him more incentives.

This has more to do with being able to work out a deal with people. Something Trump wrote the book on and something he seems to be good at. He is doing the job we hired him to do.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
There seems to be a discrepancy between what you consider to be the truth and what I consider to be the truth.
I can see that. Well, to me, when someone says "I opened a "Major Apple Manufacturing Plant Today!" and that plant has been open and working for nearly 6 years already I would consider that as not true. You apparently don't. If you have some sort of fact that shows the plant hasn't been up and running for almost 6 years now, I'd be more then willing to look at it. :wave:
tulc(is always happy to look at facts) :)

Upvote 0

joshua 1 9

Site Supporter
May 11, 2015
Northern Ohio
✟314,577.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I can see that. Well, to me, when someone says "I opened a "Major Apple Manufacturing Plant Today!"
I like to eat pumpkin pie more then Apple pie. Esp this time of year. But if you prefer apples then I figure that is a matter of taste.

I think you need to fact check your fact checkers because there is so much fake news that I am not going to waste my time dealing with fraud new reports.

Upvote 0