Did Trump keep his promise to bring back coal?

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Barbarian, regarding Trump lying about bringing back coal:
Just another lie.

CNN frequently broadcasts them.

But like many other news outlets, they have started broadcasting them with a warning when Trump has no evidence to support for them.

Upvote 0
Oct 21, 2003
Central Time Zone
✟107,193.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Private
But like many other news outlets, they have started broadcasting them with a warning when Trump has no evidence to support for them.

So it is claimed there is no evidence, I surely would not depend on CNN as a source to back up a claim.

Upvote 0

SoldierOfTheKing

Christian Spenglerian
Jan 6, 2006
Kenmore, WA
✟278,066.00
Country
United States
Faith
Presbyterian
Marital Status
Married
Coal never went away, so you can't very well bring it back. Unlike his opponent, Trump didn't boast of his plans to put coal miners out of business. Everybody understands that coal is an industry in decline, mainly due to the growth of natural gas, but its decline needn't be socially disruptive.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Everything You say is Life to me
Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
catholic -- embracing all Christians
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

Just another lie.

trump 3.png

Source: U.S. coal exports increased by 61% in 2017 as exports to Asia more than doubled - Today in Energy - U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA)

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married

What do you think of this?:

"The fetus and infant are especially vulnerable to mercury exposures. Of special interest is the development of the central nervous system. With the formation of neuronal cells and the subsequent stages of development, the central nervous system is created.55 Damage of the nervous system caused by mercury is likely to be permanent.56,57 Neurotoxic effects can result from prenatal or early postnatal exposure.58"
Mercury Exposure and Children’s Health

Not good, right? In fact, really bad, right?

Don't you agree?

So....does this matter to you? -->

"WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration has targeted an Obama-era regulation credited with helping dramatically reduce toxic mercury pollution from coal-fired power plants, saying the benefits to human health and the environment may not be worth the cost of the regulation. ..."
Trump EPA orders rollback of Obama mercury regulations

What do you think?

Upvote 0

redleghunter

Thank You Jesus!
Site Supporter
Mar 18, 2014
Texas
✟176,076.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What do you think of this?:

"The fetus and infant are especially vulnerable to mercury exposures. Of special interest is the development of the central nervous system. With the formation of neuronal cells and the subsequent stages of development, the central nervous system is created.55 Damage of the nervous system caused by mercury is likely to be permanent.56,57 Neurotoxic effects can result from prenatal or early postnatal exposure.58"
Mercury Exposure and Children’s Health

Not good, right? In fact, really bad, right?

Don't you agree?

So....does this matter to you? -->

"WASHINGTON (AP) — The Trump administration has targeted an Obama-era regulation credited with helping dramatically reduce toxic mercury pollution from coal-fired power plants, saying the benefits to human health and the environment may not be worth the cost of the regulation. ..."
Trump EPA orders rollback of Obama mercury regulations

What do you think?
I think we need alternative methods to run entire cities other than fossil fuels. Until then it's coal.

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I think we need alternative methods to run entire cities other than fossil fuels. Until then it's coal.
Do you think it is okay that Trump rolled back the regulation of mercury emissions into air from coal power plants so that mercury emissions into the air breathed in by pregnant women, babies and small children will be higher than they would have been?

Because it wasn't ('may not be') "worth the cost" was the rationale. Would it be good to learn about what % come from coal burning and what % from transporation fuel burning? I'm happy to research that if you wish.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
I decided to just look it up immediately.

50% of air emissions are from coal burning, which is much easier to achieve a reduction in, being from a small number of location sources.

Cleaner Power Plants | US EPA

Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
More:

"While newer, and a significant percentage of older power plants already control their emissions of mercury, heavy metals, and acid gases, approximately 40 percent of the current EGUs still do not have advanced pollution control equipment.

The other big sources of mercury have already reduced their emissions. ..."

https://www.epa.gov/mats/cleaner-power-plants

Upvote 0

The Barbarian

Crabby Old White Guy
Apr 3, 2003
✟366,396.00
Country
United States
Faith
Catholic
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Libertarian
Upvote 0

Halbhh

Site Supporter
Mar 17, 2015
✟1,157,077.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
https://www.christianforums.com/dat...1/299282_fdf63fa064d471495c92ba01d496fc18.png
Well, let's take a look. From Trump's own people:

View attachment 248575

If he's going to keep that promise, he better get cracking on it. Even if he was to somehow avoid impeachment and get re-elected, it will never happen at this rate.

Since Trump weakened greatly regulations on mercury emissions, which harm the brains/nervous systems of infants and children....

...then...

It's a good reason for those that care about infants and small children to hope and pray for a better president.

If they care.

Upvote 0