tulc

loves "SO'S YER MOM!! posts!
May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
What’s different about the Trump-Kim summit document from past agreements, besides the signatures?
Donald Trump became the first U.S. president to meet with a North Korean leader on Tuesday when he sat down with Kim Jong Un in Singapore. The historic occasion concluded with an agreement signed by Trump and Kim highlighting four points of commitment between the two countries.

Ahead of the summit, members of the Trump administration, including Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, promised to work toward the goal of "complete, verifiable, irreversible denuclearization." This would involve North Korea giving up its nuclear weapons so it can't resume their production, while allowing for international observers to guarantee the abandonment of their pursuit. However, the document signed in Singapore defines denuclearization only as "complete," with no steps defined for the "verifiable and irreversible" elements of the process.

Answering reporters' questions about the agreement, Trump said the document signed did not include all of the points he and Kim agreed on. "You have things that weren't included that we got after the deal was signed. I've done that before in my life. We didn't put them in the agreement because there wasn't enough time," he said. (emph. added)
tulc(seriously?) :doh:

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
This one hasn't failed yet???
uhmmm...since it's merely the same things that had already been negotiated several times in the last 35+ years and has already failed all those times, yes, it already has failed. :sigh:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :wave:

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
uhmmm...since it's merely the same things that had already been negotiated several times in the last 35+ years and has already failed all those times, yes, it already has failed. :sigh:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :wave:

We'll see.

• Agree
Reactions: anna ~ grace
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump is in charge
No, he really isn't and that's why he's so bad at this job. :wave:
tulc(wonders when people are going to realize that President Trump is the President, not the CEO? there's a vast difference between the two) :scratch:

• Agree
Reactions: Brightmoon
Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
No, he really isn't and that's why he's so bad at this job. :wave:
tulc(wonders when people are going to realize that President Trump is the President, not the CEO? there's a vast difference between the two) :scratch:
You need to watch Fox News... get the real story.

• Agree
Reactions: Marvin Knox
Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
So what is tulc's answer to not getting into a nuclear war with NK

You say that making an agreement and working with NK to stop the madness.... Is madness? Since it failed before we should just stop trying?

What?
Well, since nothing was actually accomplished, perhaps we need to wait for when the grownups start talking now that the kiddies have had their photos taken and they can move on to what ever next bright shiny thing catches their attention? :wave:
tulc("SQUIRREL!") ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Yarddog
Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
And Trump is in charge!
You said that before, one thing, shouldn't that be "PRESIDENT Trump is in charge"? I think it's only fair to use the title all those Americans (not to mention all those Russians as well) who worked so hard to get it for him. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :)

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well, since nothing was actually accomplished, perhaps we need to wait for when the grownups start talking now that the kiddies have had their photos taken and they can move on to what ever next bright shiny thing catches their attention? :wave:
tulc("SQUIRREL!") ;)
Nothing was accomplished... potential de-nuking of N. Korea, and what about all the money we'll save by not doing those military exercises (just for show) with South Korea?

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Trump is jeered for his North Korean talks, and Obama was cheered for his Iranian talks. What's the difference?
Funny you should ask that:
The Art of the Deal? Obama’s With Iran Was Much Better Than Trump’s With North Korea
ISTANBUL — One was the result of 12 years of painstaking negotiations over two U.S. presidential administrations and three changes of government on the other side, with the U.N. Security Council, the International Atomic Energy Agency, and leaders from the capitals of half a dozen countries actively involved.

The other was hammered out by two beefy guys with bad hair during the equivalent of a long layover in Singapore.

It may be unfair to compare the 159-page Joint Comprehensive Plan of Action, the Iran nuclear deal, signed by Tehran and world powers in 2015, to the barely two-page Singapore declaration penned by Donald Trump and Kim Jong Un, which is supposed to kick off the process of a deal.

But the Singapore statement, which has been praised by Trump supporters and conservative pundits on cable television, also pales dramatically in comparison to the interim deal that Iran, the U.S. and other world powers signed in 2013.
I thought this answered your question nicely. :wave:
Most of the press doesn't like Trump.
:sigh: They aren't paid "to like him" they're job is to ask him questions. Sometimes? those questions are ones he doesn't want to answer. They aren't paid to only ask him questions he wants to answer.
one thing he could do if he wants the reporters to "like him" a little? maybe he should stop lying to them (and us) and attacking them while they do their job? :scratch:
tulc("the press doesn't like him" seriously?) :sorry:

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Nothing was accomplished...
Well...nothing except to enhance the reputation/standing of the dictator of North Korea on the world stage of course. :sorry:

potential de-nuking of N. Korea,
You will let us all know when that actually happens, right? Because as I understand it that's about 15-20 year process and even then there's no guarantee and since the "art of the deal" President didn't get anything that hadn't already been negotiated (and broken by North Korea) it's sort of hard to work out what all his supporters are so excited about. Well, except of course President Trump is hoping this will some how help with the midterm elections. After that he can go back to calling the leader of North Korea stupid names. He'll like that I'm sure. :wave:

and what about all the money we'll save by not doing those military exercises (just for show) with South Korea?
I'd rather they spent the money on this then waste any of it paying to build a wall that won't work. :sorry:
tulc(who thought he heard somewhere that Mexico was going to pay for) :scratch:

Upvote 0

inquiring mind

and a discerning heart
Site Supporter
Dec 31, 2016
U.S.
✟675,164.00
Country
United States
Faith
Baptist
Marital Status
Married
Well...nothing except to enhance the reputation/standing of the dictator of North Korea on the world stage of course. :sorry:

You will let us all know when that actually happens, right? Because as I understand it that's about 15-20 year process and even then there's no guarantee and since the "art of the deal" President didn't get anything that hadn't already been negotiated (and broken by North Korea) it's sort of hard to work out what all his supporters are so excited about. Well, except of course President Trump is hoping this will some how help with the midterm elections. After that he can go back to calling the leader of North Korea stupid names. He'll like that I'm sure. :wave:

I'd rather they spent the money on this then waste any of it paying to build a wall that won't work. :sorry:
tulc(who thought he heard somewhere that Mexico was going to pay for) :scratch:

You sound so negative... maybe you just need to let the last administration go, and support a winning one.

Upvote 0

tulc

May 18, 2002
✟271,570.00
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
You sound so negative...
I just sound like that because I post facts, history and reality not President Trump wishful thinking. :)

maybe you just need to let the last administration go
uhmmm...I thought people would have to compare the agreements previous administrations had with what this administration got in order to determine just how "historic" the agreement was? How else is historic determined if no one looks at, you know, history? :scratch:

, and support a winning one.
I think you may have misspelled "whining" in the above. :wave:
tulc(just thought that should be pointed out) :sorry:

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0