Did Tlaib makes racist comment.

Oompa Loompa

Against both police brutality and cop killing.
Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Did she really just say what I think she said? That "African Americans" should be hired to monitor facial recognition because white people are too racist to tell black people apart? I am offended that she would continue to call us "African American" and not "persons of colour". ;) Does that mean I am disqualified because I am Black Puerto Rican? What about people from Jamaica or an Aborigine from Australia? Please, for this nonsense to stop, we have to stop ignoring the racism and hatred that has plagued the democratic party. Could you imagine the outrage if Trump said anything remotely close to what Tlaib just said?

Last edited:

DaisyDay

I Did Nothing Wrong!! ~~Team Deep State
Jan 7, 2003
Finger Lakes
✟12,354.00
Country
United States
Faith
Unitarian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Others
Did she really just say what I think she said? That "African Americans" should be hired to monitor facial recognition because white people are too racist to tell black people apart? I am offended that she would continue to call us "African American" and not "persons of colour". ;) Does that mean I am disqualified because I am Black Puerto Rican? What about people from Jamaica or an Aborigine from Australia? Please, for this nonsense to stop, we have to stop ignoring the racism and hatred that has plagued the democratic party. Could you imagine the outrage if Trump said anything remotely close to what Tlaib just said?
Oh look! A lowercase "b" - how racist is that?
Yeah, she needs to be canned. She is as racist as a person can be but gets away with it. This is exactly how the whole Demo party thinks. Every little thing is filtered through a "race" lens. :sigh:
Yeah, gotta love how every time a Democrat or a leftie talks about race, someone from the right will accuse them of racism for, gasp! talking about race, no matter what the context might be. :rolleyes:

Context

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
There is a real problem with facial recognition software misidentifying non-whites.

• Agree
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Yeah, gotta love how every time a Democrat or a leftie talks about race, someone from the right will accuse them of racism for, gasp! talking about race, no matter what the context might be. :rolleyes:

Context
Lol. I cannot believe I did not capitalize the "B". Shame on me.

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
  • Informative
Reactions: DaisyDay
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Take a look at this:
The Best Algorithms Struggle to Recognize Black Faces Equally
US government tests find even top-performing facial recognition systems misidentify blacks at rates five to 10 times higher than they do whites.
Just imagine the struggle trying to identify a member of a KPop boy band?
2016-soompi-awards-kpop-best-male-group.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Oompa Loompa

Jun 4, 2020
Louisiana
✟150,512.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
How very thoughtful.
I was thinking that this should be the test to determine if someone is qualified to analyze facial recognition. If they cannot immediately differentiate one KPop star from another, they are not qualified.

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.
Consider making a one-time or monthly donation. We appreciate your support!
- Dan Doughty and Team Christian Forums

Running2win

Jul 20, 2020
St. Louis
✟25,393.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married

Context
Yeah but the right can not even talk about race, only the left is "deemed" compassionate enough to even speak the hollowed words. :eek:

Upvote 0
This site stays free and accessible to all because of donations from people like you.

iluvatar5150

Aug 3, 2012
Baltimore
✟557,951.00
Country
United States
Faith
Christian
Marital Status
Married
Politics
US-Democrat

Last I checked, Puerto Rico was still part of America and blacks were not native to either Puerto Rico or Jamaica.

There is a real problem with facial recognition software misidentifying non-whites.

Why do you think that is so?

Part of it is that the data used to train the algorithms has historically skewed white - even the development of color photography was tailored towards white skin tones; darker skin tones weren't handled accurately until furniture makers complained that film wasn't accurately representing the brown colors of their wood finishes. But part of it also has to do with lighting and the reduced contrast of darker skin tones.

Upvote 0

Caliban

Jul 18, 2018
California
✟46,917.00
Country
United States
Faith
Skeptic
Marital Status
Married
darker skin tones weren't handled accurately until furniture makers complained that film wasn't accurately representing the brown colors of their wood finishes
Wow, I had not heard that. Thanks for the info.

Upvote 0