Did the second & last coming of Christ already occur in 70 A.D.?

yeshuaslavejeff

simple truth, martyr, disciple of Yahshua
Jan 6, 2005
okie
✟214,996.00
Faith
Anabaptist
Um, I am well read in the Bible, especially Paul's letters (I still have much to learn). I appreciate your comment, and your enthusiasm, but my original comment was meant as "this is the very stuff the early church was getting tripped up over, and Paul wrote multiple times about these issues."
Right, YHVH inspired all the Apostles and others His Messengers and
gave all that is needed so they wouldn't, (so we wouldn't) be "tripped up over" any longer.

The answer is there, in Scripture, as Revealed by Yahshua (Yahweh's Salvation) and YHVH.....

Upvote 0

ViaCrucis

Confessional Lutheran
Oct 2, 2011
Pacific Northwest
✟732,154.00
Country
United States
Faith
Lutheran
Marital Status
In Relationship
Politics
US-Others
"We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages. God of God, Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through Him all things were made. For us humans and our salvation He came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit became flesh of the Virgin Mary, became human. For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate, He suffered death and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and His kingdom will have no end." - From the Nicene Creed

To say that the Lord Christ will not come, or that He already came, is to deny one of the most basic teachings of the historic Christian Church.

-CryptoLutheran

Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0

Shempster

ImJustMe
Site Supporter
Dec 28, 2014
✟258,881.00
Country
United States
Faith
Non-Denom
Marital Status
Married
"We believe in one Lord Jesus Christ, the only-begotten Son of God, begotten of the Father before all ages. God of God, Light of Light, true God of true God, begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father. Through Him all things were made. For us humans and our salvation He came down from heaven, and by the Holy Spirit became flesh of the Virgin Mary, became human. For our sake He was crucified under Pontius Pilate, He suffered death and was buried, and rose again on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures. He ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead and His kingdom will have no end." - From the Nicene Creed

To say that the Lord Christ will not come, or that He already came, is to deny one of the most basic teachings of the historic Christian Church.

-CryptoLutheran
I think where people get caught up in that idea (that he already came) was because of all of the verses that proclaim that his coming would be VERY SOON.

Upvote 0

Tayla

Site Supporter
Sep 30, 2017
USA
✟147,315.00
Country
United States
Faith
Atheist
Marital Status
Private
Regarding the question: Did the second & last coming of Christ already occur in 70 A.D.?
Full Preterists & Pantelists think so. Here are some texts they refer to in support of their view. Can you refute their view that Christ's so-called Second Coming already happened in 70 AD?
The end did come soon:
  1. The temple was destroyed in 70 A.D. within one generation.
  2. Jesus returned in chapter 19 of the book of Revelation given as a vision to John in 96 A.D.; again within one generation.
But the final second coming is yet-future.

• Agree
Reactions: Hank77
Upvote 0